• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And how do you do that when they are in Russia, China, Ukraine, etc?

Well, make sure to have a President with a backbone, which we don't, and then set down the law.
    If it's Russia, China, Ukraine, etc are we just going to lay down and let them shut us down at will?
    They do it, because they can get away with it.
    Make it financial, or military, and they might think twice.
    You can lay the evidence down, and give them a chance to "take care of their laundry".
    If they don't, then consequences.
    For instance, take away China's trading status.
    Also, going public. China and Russia are not big fans of looking bad on the international front.
    They take care of it, no problem.
    they don't it goes to the news and it goes to the UN.

Fights happen because people think they can get away with it.
    Chamberlain did NOT prevent war.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, make sure to have a President with a backbone, which we don't, and then set down the law.
    If it's Russia, China, Ukraine, etc are we just going to lay down and let them shut us down at will?
    They do it, because they can get away with it.
    Make it financial, or military, and they might think twice.
    You can lay the evidence down, and give them a chance to "take care of their laundry".
    If they don't, then consequences.
    For instance, take away China's trading status.
    Also, going public. China and Russia are not big fans of looking bad on the international front.
    They take care of it, no problem.
    they don't it goes to the news and it goes to the UN.

Fights happen because people think they can get away with it.
    Chamberlain did NOT prevent war.
    And who is going to do all of that?

This has been going on for years.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And who is going to do all of that?

This has been going on for years.

And, because nothing is done, it is getting worse.

We can get to the moon.
    We made a nuke bomb.
    We made a nuke power plant.
    Engineered bridges and dams.
    I'm sure, if we wanted to, we could do something.

Oh. And to add to my previous statement about letting the foreign country get credit for eliminating their own "bad" guys...
    If the "bad" guys are actually State actors, then that evidence can be presented. Along with the carrot/stick.
    If they "fix" it, then they can claim they found and punished someone.
    If they don't, then carrot/stick.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    In thinking about your comment, how far do we, individually, let something go before we do something about it. Think the “Taken” movies. Sure, that dude was trained and had resources. But at some point we reach where we would do something about ‘it’, whatever ‘it’ is. Of course, Taken or cyber security are beyond the scope of most, but even when something is within our scope, what will we do about it? It’s only a matter of time until these hackers get to the grid and we’re all sitting in the dark, unless something is done, by somebody. What will we do? Where is our line? When you have what it takes, you should stand up. (Three fingers pointing back at me and all that)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

"Drag Vlad into the middle of Red Square and execute him in front of his children" is an idea given by Tony Katz several times ober the past few weeks.

What other ideas do you have?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So, maybe we should start a thread, with guesses how high we think the prices will go.
    I guessed after Bidet took office we'll see $4 per gallon by end of summer. $3.19 this evening and summer hasn't even begun yet. I'd be willing to bet close to $5 by beginning of next year

Sure am glad those mean tweets are gone though!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I guessed after Bidet took office we'll see $4 per gallon by end of summer. $3.19 this evening and summer hasn't even begun yet. I'd be willing to bet close to $5 by beginning of next year

Sure am glad those mean tweets are gone though!

Could run a parley wager based on which happens first.... $4/G or Biden replaced by Kommila.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "Drag Vlad into the middle of Red Square and execute him in front of his children" is an idea given by Tony Katz several times ober the past few weeks.

What other ideas do you have?
    Honestly I don't know what to do. I guess old school TV style espionage with secret hit squads might do something.

My focus is on keeping it from happening to the company I work for. It is the focus of most of my time these days.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What I think is..
    When you pay for hostages, you get more hostages taken.
    When you pay pirates, you get more pirates.
    Either businesses need to join together similar to when they'd pay private police (but instead go after hackers), or start petitioning the .gov to get off its rump and fix it.
    Hunt down a few.

Cause otherwise, we're gonna watch our nice complex luxurious system come crashing down.

I've no idea how they track these ransomware guys other than maybe following the money. It's tough to arrest and charge somebody in a foreign country, maybe just pay Mossad to quietly make them disappear.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I've no idea how they track these ransomware guys other than maybe following the money. It's tough to arrest and charge somebody in a foreign country, maybe just pay Mossad to quietly make them disappear.
    We had some guys who were really good at that until the .gov screwed them over for embarrassing pencil necks with scrambled eggs on their shoulders in exercises.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    "US investigators have recovered millions of dollars in cryptocurrency paid in ransom to hackers whose attack prompted the shutdown of the key East Coast pipeline last month, according to people briefed on the matter.
    The Justice Department on Monday is expected to announce details of the operation led by the FBI with the cooperation of the Colonial Pipeline operator, the people briefed on the matter said.
    The ransom recovery is a rare outcome for a company that has fallen victim to a debilitating cyberattack in the booming criminal business of ransomware." Quoted from Clown News Network.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    We had some guys who were really good at that until the .gov screwed them over for embarrassing pencil necks with scrambled eggs on their shoulders in exercises.
    That sounds like you're talking about Dick Marcinko who embarrassed MANY a pencil neck, at the USN's behest and paid the price.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And, because nothing is done, it is getting worse.

We can get to the moon.
    We made a nuke bomb.
    We made a nuke power plant.
    Engineered bridges and dams.
    I'm sure, if we wanted to, we could do something.

Oh. And to add to my previous statement about letting the foreign country get credit for eliminating their own "bad" guys...
    If the "bad" guys are actually State actors, then that evidence can be presented. Along with the carrot/stick.
    If they "fix" it, then they can claim they found and punished someone.
    If they don't, then carrot/stick.
    We can find these hacker's send out black ops units and bring them back to a black ops site put them to work for us.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    "US investigators have recovered millions of dollars in cryptocurrency paid in ransom to hackers whose attack prompted the shutdown of the key East Coast pipeline last month, according to people briefed on the matter.
    The Justice Department on Monday is expected to announce details of the operation led by the FBI with the cooperation of the Colonial Pipeline operator, the people briefed on the matter said.
    The ransom recovery is a rare outcome for a company that has fallen victim to a debilitating cyberattack in the booming criminal business of ransomware." Quoted from Clown News Network.
    Does this statement not make sense to anyone else? Like that’s not exactly how cryptocurrency works. Like, they could trace the blockchain and see the transactions, but you can’t see the end user. At least you’re not supposed to, that’s the whole point.

So either this is more propaganda to further try and discredit Bitcoin, or Bitcoin is in bed with .gov like many say it is.

Top Bottom