Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He does not know the law. Just giving you what he thinks is the law.

[FONT=&quot]IC 35-47-2-1Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and sections 2 through 2.1 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

Archive copy of old IC
    [/FONT]

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without a license or by person convicted of
    domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and section 2 of
    this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on
    or about the person's body, except in the person's dwelling, on the
    person's property or fixed place of business, without a license issued
    under this chapter being in the person's possession.

Notice the last line is now omitted.

Jlpace97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Madison county
    Yeah I’ve read that code before and I don’t plan on carrying outside my property until I get my actual card. Just to avoid any possible long drawn out interactions with the local pd. Also my iwb holster I ordered hasn’t came in yet so I’ve only got my owb holster and while I can conceal my firearm pretty well with it. I’m opting to avoid any circumstances of being stopped without my physical card on me.

thanks for the code. And info.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You may do as you please.

I recommend you read and understand IC 35-41 Criminal culpability, 35-43 Offenses against property, and 35-47 weapons.

The police memorize what is against the law, they o not spend a lot of tome worrying what is legal and often it is your responsibility to be the knowledgeable one.

Or you can just take it like a man.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah I’ve read that code before and I don’t plan on carrying outside my property until I get my actual card. Just to avoid any possible long drawn out interactions with the local pd. Also my iwb holster I ordered hasn’t came in yet so I’ve only got my owb holster and while I can conceal my firearm pretty well with it. I’m opting to avoid any circumstances of being stopped without my physical card on me.

thanks for the code. And info.

Nothing wrong with the "better safe than sorry" approach. 2A Tom did provide chapter and verse, and as many INGOers have learned over the years we are quite often the subject matter experts on gun law. One thing to keep in mind: not everyone is as familiar with gun laws in Indiana as many here on INGO are. After all, "Gun" is our middle name.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm curious to see if the wait time dramatically increases after the "free" licenses are made available.
    I've had a lifetime license for what seems like a lifetime now. I had to wait all of about 4 months to apply for the lifetime because my 4 year still had about 10 months left before it's expiration.
    I've considered applying for the new 5 year to be exempt from the background checks, but wonder how long it will take.

ChefJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    i too was approved on the 14th. Everyday mail has ran since then I’ve came home from work looking for that certain envelope and nothing but bills so far

I'm still waiting to be approved. It took them awhile to even say my local fees had been paid. Almost 4 days before it said that I paid local fees, but they got the money immediately.

Jlpace97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Madison county
    I'm still waiting to be approved. It took them awhile to even say my local fees had been paid. Almost 4 days before it said that I paid local fees, but they got the money immediately.[/QUOTE

hmm mine changed to approved and gives me an issue date, expiration date and license number. That all popped up about an hr after leaving my sheriffs department

Jshelley95

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Clarkshill
    Lucky you

I'm still waiting to be approved. It took them awhile to even say my local fees had been paid. Almost 4 days before it said that I paid local fees, but they got the money immediately.[/QUOTE

hmm mine changed to approved and gives me an issue date, expiration date and license number. That all popped up about an hr after leaving my sheriffs department

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    2/05/2020 - Applied online
    2/10/2020 - Prints
    2/11/2020 - Paid local fee

2/25/2020 - ...still waiting on local approval.

None of that same day local turnaround in these parts.

ChefJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    2/05/2020 - Applied online
    2/10/2020 - Prints
    2/11/2020 - Paid local fee

2/25/2020 - ...still waiting on local approval.

None of that same day local turnaround in these parts.

Same here mine still says pending local approval. I've bought a new EDC in the mean time.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Same here mine still says pending local approval. I've bought a new EDC in the mean time.

Given the blazing fast approval some people around here are getting, and the complete lack of anything on my record, at this point I can only assume our local CLEO simply doesn't like guns or gun owners and is sandbagging applications simply for the sake of doing so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom