• Status
    Not open for further replies.

selectSt4r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2020
    Hamilton Co
    Given the blazing fast approval some people around here are getting, and the complete lack of anything on my record, at this point I can only assume our local CLEO simply doesn't like guns or gun owners and is sandbagging applications simply for the sake of doing so.

Took a week for my Chief to get around to it. Sorry about your luck.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    FWIW, I dropped off my paperwork for my Lifetime LTCH at my local Sheriffs(Cass County) office on 28 Feb 2020. On 02 March 2020 I received an e-mail from them stating that they had completed their part of my background check and my "package" was being transferred to the ISP for further action and completion. Barring any unforeseen problems I should have my permit in 60 days from the date of the e-mail sent me that day.

ChefJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Given the blazing fast approval some people around here are getting, and the complete lack of anything on my record, at this point I can only assume our local CLEO simply doesn't like guns or gun owners and is sandbagging applications simply for the sake of doing so.

I work for the government and I'm not sure why it's taking so long to get my license approved.

Dabird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2020
    New Albany
    Began the process on 3/14.. finger printed on 3/16 with paperwork dropped off to the local yokels on the 16th.

Momma has received her larry, in the mail, today 4/3. It's only for 5yrs but it's a start.

Almost identical timeline here. Applied on the 14th, fingerprinted on the 16th. Local processing on the the 20th. Application approved yesterday 4/2.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Got my Indiana drivers license 5-15-2020, about an hour later had completed the on line portion and scheduled and paid for fingerprinting this Monday 5-18-2020. I will post as things happen. I was surprised only $11.95 for the fingerprints. Back when I was in Illinois I had to get fingerprinted to be a CCL instructor and it cost me over $50.00. Jim.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Far out! I was actually able to get into the web site to check my status. Got fingerprinted on 6-30-2020 and stopped on my way home and paid my local fee. Have been trying to check my status for a week but kept getting the "Sorry" message until today. So I am now waiting local approval, moving along. Now a question, when the status goes to "approved" but I have not received it in the mail can I start to carry? IIRC having the license on your person is not required but I could be wrong.
    It was may 15 when I got my drivers license from Illinois changed to Indiana and Indiana requires residents carry with an Indiana license. This is understandable but I still have a Utah and a Florida license to carry so have been carrying on those in Indiana since 2003. It will be nice to be able to carry again. Jim.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Far out! I was actually able to get into the web site to check my status. Got fingerprinted on 6-30-2020 and stopped on my way home and paid my local fee. Have been trying to check my status for a week but kept getting the "Sorry" message until today. So I am now waiting local approval, moving along. Now a question, when the status goes to "approved" but I have not received it in the mail can I start to carry? IIRC having the license on your person is not required but I could be wrong.
    It was may 15 when I got my drivers license from Illinois changed to Indiana and Indiana requires residents carry with an Indiana license. This is understandable but I still have a Utah and a Florida license to carry so have been carrying on those in Indiana since 2003. It will be nice to be able to carry again. Jim.

Different for everybody, but this is my experience in 5/2018

5/21 Online App completed
    5/22 Prints completed
    5/23 Local fee paid
    5/24 Local sent to ISP
    5/25 State Approved

Unbelievably fast - just awaiting hard copy in the mail

RobertTheBruce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2020
    Greenwood
    Different for everybody, but this is my experience in 5/2018

5/21 Online App completed
    5/22 Prints completed
    5/23 Local fee paid
    5/24 Local sent to ISP
    5/25 State Approved

Unbelievably fast - just awaiting hard copy in the mail

wow, you've been waiting almost 6 weeks to get it in the mail?

I just achieved Approved status on Sat (7/5)

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    I updated my address and ordered new card
    Updated/ applied 5/5
    Then couldn't get on because to much web traffic site said.
    Finally was able to check staus online 7/3 it said approved
    7/7 got the new pink card in mail
    Seems like they are slammed, a month and 2 days just to get a new card with updated address.
    Dont know but hopefully maybe this info will help someone who anxious
    Have a great day all

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom