• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LynnMCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    Knox County, Indiana
    What I find disturbing is that by legislating against a theory like CRT, that a state authority is seeking to control speech and Freedom of thought.

And some of the legislation in states has been so broad - disallowing teaching on any 'contoversial issue' - that anything someone not care for could be excluded. Would we have to quit teaching about the Civil War?

But then I've not heard of CRT taught in any way in K-12.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    What I find disturbing is that by legislating against a theory like CRT, that a state authority is seeking to control speech and Freedom of thought.

And some of the legislation in states has been so broad - disallowing teaching on any 'contoversial issue' - that anything someone not care for could be excluded. Would we have to quit teaching about the Civil War?

the way that crt is being introduced is as a mandatory teaching spread throughout all subjects. they want it to replace what is neccesary for our children to learn what they need to be functional adults.

i fully support teaching children the FULL, TRUE history of this country, but to only teach "white man bad" is a disservice to our constitution. if it were being offered only at the college level and as part of the critical thinking skills that once were taught in higher education, i don't belive it would generate such controversy.

it is the same as when obama (through executive action) mandated that all schools recieving public funding have to teach gender indentification classes. that is not, and should not be covered under 1st amendment rights.

that is indoctrinisation of the youth of this country. our children are no longer learning the skills needed to be productive citizens. they are teaching them to be confused at their very core.

it makes them easier to control and keeps us, as parents, fighting amongst ourselves.

*edited for spelling*

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep, opponents of CRT do see it as Cultural Marxism. Is there a vast conspiracy by the Jews to undermine the nation using Black people, homosexuals, celebrities, feminists, and atheists? No. I don't think so. Law with historical context seems to be closer to the truth, of CRT, than Jewish World Domination.
    Cultural Marxism is nothing more than a scary bulwark traditional political power has erected to protect their power structure. Their opposition, IMO, is largely based on the fear that the past things they did to the members of this emerging power, will be done to them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

So I assume you'd be fine with having the klan give lectures in schools, right?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep, opponents of CRT do see it as Cultural Marxism. Is there a vast conspiracy by the Jews to undermine the nation using Black people, homosexuals, celebrities, feminists, and atheists? No. I don't think so. Law with historical context seems to be closer to the truth, of CRT, than Jewish World Domination.
    Cultural Marxism is nothing more than a scary bulwark traditional political power has erected to protect their power structure. Their opposition, IMO, is largely based on the fear that the past things they did to the members of this emerging power, will be done to them.

Or you know, just simply observing what they did for the past 2 years, and how things played out legally.

That being normalized is not a desirable outcome.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [Kind of like legislating against positive voter ID and election fraud investigations, eh?]
    [That is so we can label voting fraud as domestic terrorism when we reclaim power in '22. Will be interesting too see the shoe on the other foot]
    You should get out more

Mother Elicia Brand told Fox News that "Sheridan’s statement is disappointing and one sided, as most of the taxpayers, from both party affiliations and all races, in the room were there as parents to advocate for all children to have the highest standard of education, free from politics in the classroom, compelled speech, loss of agency, applied shame or fear of persecution."

Loudoun County School Board denies Critical Race Theory is being taught in classrooms, but evidence seems to contradict that. Fight for Schools PAC, an anti-CRT group in Loudoun, obtained an invoice showing that the district's diversity consultancy billed it for "Coaching support for LCPS leaders - follow up meetings focused on Critical Race Theory Development May 2020." That was billed at $625 per hour for five hours, or $3,750.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How did you manage to pin the tail on the Jew with this? I fail to see a connection.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

that may very well be true to "woke" people but the ones in the know want overall control of our children. why else would they ONLY want to push the agenda of how horrible whites have and are treating everyone of color?

the answer to racism is honest, open dialogue between PEOPLE. not just teaching that "white bad, everyone else victim".

in this current era, there are more truly successful POC than any other time in history. i'm not speaking of the modern day minstrels. i'm talking the millions of people who are secure in their careers, home lives, and standing within their communities.

to teach that only the white man has done wrong to others is the same as the racists of yesterday saying blacks where only good for slaves. it is racism just reversed.

are there still racism in this country? hell yes! but you cannot fix the problems by recreating the same problem and wrapping it in a different color.

there are people that want race to be the centerpeice of american politics. ask yourself why would they want this. they offer nothing as a means to fix the problem they say we need to focus on other than to demand "free" from the same ones they say have done them and continue to do them wrong.

as i've stated before, WE, you, i, the white at the lunch table across the room, the mother playing with her children at the park, are the ones to overcome racism. someone sitting in their mansion or driving their rolls wants us to divide us to comtrol us.

Attachments

• main-qimg-7fa84cd5e085a43ecf96f8e335b7edd7.jpeg
      main-qimg-7fa84cd5e085a43ecf96f8e335b7edd7.jpeg
      78.1 KB · Views: 9

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Is choosing what ought and ought not to be acceptable to teach to impressionable young students in public schools truly a violation of the First Amendment? Would those people (presumably mostly people on the left) making such a claim object to teachers "discussing" Nazi racial theories or creationism with their students? CRT, a politically partisan ideology, seems to me like a subject better suited for wacky elective courses at universities than for your children's compulsory primary/secondary education.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Is choosing what ought and ought not to be acceptable to teach to impressionable young students in public schools truly a violation of the First Amendment? Would those people (presumably mostly people on the left) making such a claim object to teachers "discussing" Nazi racial theories or creationism with their students? CRT, a politically partisan ideology, seems to me like a subject better suited for wacky elective courses at universities than for your children's compulsory primary/secondary education.
    Well said....let the leftists in higher education pay for their own indoctrination

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

There was a civil war? When?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don’t mind if CRT is taught in a way that informs what it is, but not in a context where it’s expressed or implied to be “correct”. Like any dogma it must be taught critically.
    WTF has this to do with the civil war. Go easy on the slippery slope trigger.

How hard have you looked into it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah....you mean the War Between the States or the War for Southern Independence.

LynnMCF may be correct.....maybe they have stopped teaching about it.
    No. That one’s called the Civil War. It’s taught in every school. It has been for many years. The name you gave it is taught by dogmatic ideologues who want to make the South’s part of it into some gallant struggle for freedom.

Reactions: oze
    Top Bottom