• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Back to the cartridges - would they have been 5-in-1 or 3-in-1 blanks; and how much do those blank cartridges physically resemble live cartridges?

All guns are loaded - especially guns that someone else tells you are “unloaded”.
    blank-perfect5in1-reg.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My guess the blanks would be 5 in 1, never heard of 3 in 1s. The 5 in 1 blanks fit 38-40, 44-40 and 45 Colt, very common Colt and Winchester cartridges of the western era.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    For my purposes what blanks look like are not really part of talking about what happened here. If they wanted to see the bullets/rounds in the gun they would be dummy rounds as explained very well in one of the vids linked in the thread. In short looks real but you shake it and a BB bounces around inside of it. From my understanding those are what should have been inside the gun.
    In all honesty the vast majority of the info I am trying to explain here is based on links you guys have provided and then I am adding my perspective from years on set to it. I am not going out of my way to read outside links. I am hearing stories from people who know people........and they very much fall in line with the articles linked in this thread. Not the 2am radio show conspiracy links though lol.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Back to the cartridges - would they have been 5-in-1 or 3-in-1 blanks; and how much do those blank cartridges physically resemble live cartridges?

All guns are loaded - especially guns that someone else tells you are “unloaded”.

How about this instead:

All guns are always guns. ALWAYS keep them pointed in a safe direction (and certainly not at anything you’re not willing to destroy).

Stop thinking it’s okay to think you can do stupid **** with an unloaded gun. Another example of how Cooper’s #1 is a fail.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I think the error is that it makes sense to all of us because we are in the firearm subculture. Stop a random person on the street and ask them to repeat the 4 rules of gun safety and the chances of getting a blank stare will be high. The resident expert in this thread suggested he should have known a decent amount about guns from previous roles. Probably, but I doubt he could recite the 4 rules. He probably got complacent and trusted “the experts.”
    I find people all the time that can RECITE the four rules however having them live them intrinsically is another story.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just speaking for myself here, but if anyone calls the loading gate and cylinder on a single action revolver the hatch and the drum, they don't get to touch any of my guns. Hell, they don't even get to look at them!!

The assistant director on the movie "Rust" admitted to a safety lapse, according to a new search warrant obtained by Fox News.

David Halls was one of the very few people including Alec Baldwin who handled the firearm prior to the accidental discharge that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.

During an interview with detectives, Halls noted: "I check the barrel for obstructions, most of the time there’s no live fire, she (Hannah) opens the hatch and spins the drum, and I say cold gun on set"

Halls said in an affidavit that when armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed showed him the gun before continuing rehearsal after a lunch break, he could only remember seeing three rounds. He advised he should have checked all of them, but didn’t, and couldn’t recall if Hannah spun the drum.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

I read an article that said those blanks had holes in the side of the casing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just speaking for myself here, but if anyone calls the loading gate and cylinder on a single action revolver the hatch and the drum, they don't get to touch any of my guns. Hell, they don't even get to look at them!!

The assistant director on the movie "Rust" admitted to a safety lapse, according to a new search warrant obtained by Fox News.

David Halls was one of the very few people including Alec Baldwin who handled the firearm prior to the accidental discharge that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.

During an interview with detectives, Halls noted: "I check the barrel for obstructions, most of the time there’s no live fire, she (Hannah) opens the hatch and spins the drum, and I say cold gun on set"

Halls said in an affidavit that when armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed showed him the gun before continuing rehearsal after a lunch break, he could only remember seeing three rounds. He advised he should have checked all of them, but didn’t, and couldn’t recall if Hannah spun the drum.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How about this instead:

All guns are always guns. ALWAYS keep them pointed in a safe direction (and certainly not at anything you’re not willing to destroy).

Stop thinking it’s okay to think you can do stupid **** with an unloaded gun. Another example of how Cooper’s #1 is a fail.
    :noway:

The FOUR RULES work. All you have to do is follow them.

NOT overthink them into something they are aren't, with a bunch if silly semantics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom