Not open for further replies.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'd guess that Baldwin is one of those "smart guys" that can't be taught anything.
    Flight instructors deal with these kinds of people all of the time. Like I said before, Baldwin will skate. There is too much money and liberal power riding on him in Hollywood. Santa Fe is a hotbed of liberal thought, too. I can imagine that the sheriff is under a lot of pressure to put this on the lowest common denominator and move on.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    This is a man who is so convinced of his own importance, he believes that he must still impart his wisdom to the world even when tired beyond the point of putting a coherent sentence together.
    He had more time to babble about vaccine than he did to follow safety rules on HIS set.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Flight instructors deal with these kinds of people all of the time. Like I said before, Baldwin will skate. There is too much money and liberal power riding on him in Hollywood. Santa Fe is a hotbed of liberal thought, too. I can imagine that the sheriff is under a lot of pressure to put this on the lowest common denominator and move on.

Went through instrument school with a guy like that.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Daily wire saying they were using some of the set guns (i refuse to use prop gun) for target practice a few hours before the slaughter

Shooting 100+ year old Colt SAAs is a great experience. Holding working history in your hands.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Quiet! I'm walking around with paperclips on my Pfizer injection site and trying to use a microscope on one of the Theranos blood testing vials.

I gotta concentrate. No more conspiracies til I'm finished!
    Wait. Didn’t you come up with a conspiracy theory in this very thread? :)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Everyone’s making this too complicated. I don’t care if it’s a movie set. I don’t care if it’s a “prop gun”. I don’t care if somebody told Baldwin “it’s cold (not loaded)”. I will go back to my rule number one: ALWAYS keep guns pointed in a safe direction.

Anyone who would take what they know to be a real, functioning firearm and point it at another human being and pull the trigger without verifying what’s in it deserves to be held liable for their negligence.

And I don’t care if you’ve worked on a movie set. Taking someone else’s word for it doesn’t cut it in my book. And I can see someone doing this with a fake gun or a rubber gun but anyone with a semi functioning brain can pick up a revolver and know if it’s real or not.

Furthermore, why did Baldwin have to point the gun at crew members in the first place? Obviously, this was not in the script as they were off camera. Game, set, match. Baldwin deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law for his actions and so does anyone who had anything to do with live ammo being anywhere near that revolver.

I’ve heard the phrase “comedy of errors” before but this one is new, call in a “tragedy of errors”.

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Everyone’s making this too complicated. I don’t care if it’s a movie set. I don’t care if it’s a “prop gun”. I don’t care if somebody told Baldwin “it’s cold (not loaded)”. I will go back to my rule number one: ALWAYS keep guns pointed in a safe direction.

Anyone who would take what they know to be a real, functioning firearm and point it at another human being and pull the trigger without verifying what’s in it deserves to be held liable for their negligence.

And I don’t care if you’ve worked on a movie set. Taking someone else’s word for it doesn’t cut it in my book. And I can see one doing this with a fake gun or a rubber gun but anyone with a semi functioning brain can pick up a revolver and know if it’s real or not.

Furthermore, why did Baldwin have to point the gun at crew members in the first place? Obviously, this was not in the script as they were off camera. Game, set, match. Baldwin deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law for his actions and so fits anyone who had anything to do with my love ammo being anywhere near that revolver.

I’ve heard the phrase “comedy of errors” before but this one is new, call in a “tragedy of errors”.
    The answers to all of your questions have either been answered in this thread or in articles linked in this thread.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

And I don’t care if you’ve worked on a movie set. Taking someone else’s word for it doesn’t cut it in my book. And I can see one doing this with a fake gun or a rubber gun but anyone with a semi functioning brain can pick up a revolver and know if it’s real or not.

Furthermore, why did Baldwin have to point the gun at crew members in the first place? Obviously, this was not in the script as they were off camera. Game, set, match. Baldwin deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law for his actions and so fits anyone who had anything to do with my love ammo being anywhere near that revolver.

I think the error is that it makes sense to all of us because we are in the firearm subculture. Stop a random person on the street and ask them to repeat the 4 rules of gun safety and the chances of getting a blank stare will be high. The resident expert in this thread suggested he should have known a decent amount about guns from previous roles. Probably, but I doubt he could recite the 4 rules. He probably got complacent and trusted “the experts.”

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County

What is a 'prop gun?' District attorney takes 'issue with descriptions of the firearm used'​

On Tuesday, Santa Fe County District Attorney, Mary Carmack-Altweis, "took issue with descriptions of the firearm used in the incident" as a prop gun.
    "It was a legit gun," she told the New York Times. "It was an antique-era appropriate gun."

Fox News Digital spoke to armorer and founder and president of Dark Thirty Film Services, LLC, Bryan W. Carpenter, who explained the term.

"The term prop gun is a term that's been used incorrectly," he noted. "A true prop gun is a gun that's made out of rubber. Either soft rubber or hard rubber, and/or plastic, and they're used when you don't need a real gun.
    "In other words, it's not going to be firing blanks," he explained. "You use them for stunt performers who are going to be coming through a window, or the gun's going to go flying across the floor in a scene, or they're having a fight scene where they're going to be hitting each other with the gun, or for rehearsals where a gun is not needed."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom