• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    SCOTUS confirms health care workers are no longer protected under the Constitution. I see they are easing into this.
    It has little to do with the Constitution. It has to do with taking government money. When you make a deal with Uncle Sugar, you generally have to jump when he says jump. It's been that way forever.

If those hospitals stopped taking Medicare and Medicaid money they could ignore the mandates too.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It has little to do with the Constitution. It has to do with taking government money. When you make a deal with Uncle Sugar, you generally have to jump when he says jump. It's been that way forever.

If those hospitals stopped taking Medicare and Medicaid money they could ignore the mandates too.
    As far as I can tell, it came down to “we pay the bills so we make the rules.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

The problem is that purity word. The same type of justices that would uphold a sodomy law as states rights would vote for this but the justices that would create privacy in the constitution would not find that privacy in this case. The so called conservative justices will maintain a purity that will often go against the conservatives but the left justices will flitter like a flag.

I am tired of heads they win, tails we lose…

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Very interesting references to Donald Trump

The thing that jumps out at me in his video is that he shows graphs indicating that the hospitalization rate in the US is at 400 per million and then has quotes from medical professionals saying that the medical system is on the verge of collapse. It has never really occurred to me before just how few people the medical system is actually capable of caring for at the same time. The idea of a more serious pandemic is truly frightening!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...It has never really occurred to me before just how few people the medical system is actually capable of caring for at the same time. The idea of a more serious pandemic is truly frightening!

Hospital are like any other business. You plan for 'normal' business conditions. Sq. footage, staffing, equipment, etc. Too much of any of that, you're losing $$$ and will soon be out of business.

Now, I will say that with the proliferation of MBAs we have running around preaching the gospel of LEAN, everything needed for 'normal' conditions has been cut to the bone. The slightest uptick in orders/patients can lead to serious shortages in all the things you need to run the business.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Hospital are like any other business. You plan for 'normal' business conditions. Sq. footage, staffing, equipment, etc. Too much of any of that, you're losing $$$ and will soon be out of business.

Now, I will say that with the proliferation of MBAs we have running around preaching the gospel of LEAN, everything needed for 'normal' conditions has been cut to the bone. The slightest uptick in orders/patients can lead to serious shortages in all the things you need to run the business.
    As someone who studied LEAN in college, I can certainly say it looks and sounds great in theory, but in the real world, any hiccup anywhere in the line can cause major chaos in the entire system.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    As someone who studied LEAN in college, I can certainly say it looks and sounds great in theory, but in the real world, any hiccup anywhere in the line can cause major chaos in the entire system.
    There are some great practices you can pick up from it that do really help.

But the MBA crop that's been churned out in the last 10-20 years were taught that it's the greatest thing since the assembly line and it's merit shall not be questioned.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

So the hospital has no extra syringes, the distribution has no extra syringes, the manufacturer has no extra syringes, the manufacturer has no labor or materials for extra syringes, the material suppliers have no extra materials for extra syringes, the dead have no need for extra syringes…

Is that about it?

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Just got my results back, positive for Covid.

Sunday night was freezing cold and sweating. Muscles ached worse than ever. Monday same thing. Tuesday wasn’t as bad. Wednesday felt fine other than aches. Thursday felt fine. Today I have a cough and sneeze but nothing too bad.
    Hope ya feel better soon.....I've been down with the VID since Sunday...
    Other than an occasional cough and lack of energy.....I have no complaints.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Just got my results back, positive for Covid.

Sunday night was freezing cold and sweating. Muscles ached worse than ever. Monday same thing. Tuesday wasn’t as bad. Wednesday felt fine other than aches. Thursday felt fine. Today I have a cough and sneeze but nothing too bad.
    Take the horse paste. You probably have worms anyway. :cool:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I got hit with something last year where I was just sitting in my chair after supper and within 30 minutes got freezing cold, had the shakes, and was very weak. The EMT had to help me to the ambulance. Never had any pain, cough or nausea. I recovered over the next few hours enough to go home and rest. It took the next week or so to be back on my feet. Negative for flu and cv. Whatever it was was unlike anything that has ever happened to me before, I assure you.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    On vacation till the end of the month.
    In fact, I just pulled my 2nd retirement paperwork package from the mail today.
    Need to take it to the union tomorrow to make sure I get it filled out okay, and back into the mail.
    Good luck. This process can be painful. I had 4 pensions and 2 separate 401K's. I started a year before retirement and it took nearly the whole year. :wallbash:

Top Bottom