• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Hope ya feel better soon.....I've been down with the VID since Sunday...
    Other than an occasional cough and lack of energy.....I have no complaints.
    We should hang out! LOL

I’m so tired of sitting in this house. I was so close to going fishing just for something to do, then I got the “you could always get the border of the garden ready for spring”

Nevermind, I’m in pain and sick ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This mirrors my experience too.
    I knew when I had the cold sweats and aches that it wasn’t a normal sick, but I wasn’t sure because I didn’t have anything respiratory. Now the cough is starting but it’s so minimal that it’s barely noticeable.

Glad yours was minor, hoping this is the downhill.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I knew when I had the cold sweats and aches that it wasn’t a normal sick, but I wasn’t sure because I didn’t have anything respiratory. Now the cough is starting but it’s so minimal that it’s barely noticeable.

Glad yours was minor, hoping this is the downhill.
    Fevers are awesome, huh

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    First time around the body aches lasted almost 3 days. I wanted someone to shoot me. Lol. Second time less than 12 hours.
    Some years ago I was the sickest I have ever been with West Nile fever. West Nile virus will kill you, West Nile fever will just make you wish you were dead…

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got my results back, positive for Covid.

Sunday night was freezing cold and sweating. Muscles ached worse than ever. Monday same thing. Tuesday wasn’t as bad. Wednesday felt fine other than aches. Thursday felt fine. Today I have a cough and sneeze but nothing too bad.

I'm on day 6 of being sick and day 4 of a fever that just won't stop. I'm really hoping I'm on the downhill portion as this :poop: is getting old.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I got hit with something last year where I was just sitting in my chair after supper and within 30 minutes got freezing cold, had the shakes, and was very weak. The EMT had to help me to the ambulance. Never had any pain, cough or nausea. I recovered over the next few hours enough to go home and rest. It took the next week or so to be back on my feet. Negative for flu and cv. Whatever it was was unlike anything that has ever happened to me before, I assure you.
    Was it between 27 March and 4 April? :@ya:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As someone who studied LEAN in college, I can certainly say it looks and sounds great in theory, but in the real world, any hiccup anywhere in the line can cause major chaos in the entire system.
    Yup.
    We needed a part. We weren't supposed to store parts locally, because "duplication of parts".
    So we called the central storage facility, they had one.
    It was the wrong one.
    Well, we'll just call the salesman.
    It's Friday night, on a 3 day weekend.
    We start calling and bribing people.
    None to be had in the area.
    Manufacturer has none on the shelves, but they'll make them if we buy 1,000 of them.
    We finally find one, on the other side of the country.
    Ship if "overnight".
    Finally, after losing millions of dollars in production, and paying over a hundred times the cost of the object.. we get running.

We store parts locally now.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yup.
    We needed a part. We weren't supposed to store parts locally, because "duplication of parts".
    So we called the central storage facility, they had one.
    It was the wrong one.
    Well, we'll just call the salesman.
    It's Friday night, on a 3 day weekend.
    We start calling and bribing people.
    None to be had in the area.
    Manufacturer has none on the shelves, but they'll make them if we buy 1,000 of them.
    We finally find one, on the other side of the country.
    Ship if "overnight".
    Finally, after losing millions of dollars in production, and paying over a hundred times the cost of the object.. we get running.

We store parts locally now.

I worked at an independent oil refinery in the 80's, in the pump-parts warehouse. They bought into the LEAN theory to save $$, until one day it was too lean, and they lost millions. After that, we had an unlimited budget.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I worked at an independent oil refinery in the 80's, in the pump-parts warehouse. They bought into the LEAN theory to save $$, until one day it was too lean, and they lost millions. After that, we had an unlimited budget.

I worked for TGI Fridays back in the 80's. Never had heard of LEAN back then, but JIT inventory was just starting to be a "thing". We used to have to "86" some of our more popular menu items because we were out of non-perishable ingredients to make them. Just totally stupid.

Top Bottom