• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) joined Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures on Mother’s Day weekend.

Bartiromo broke news this morning that cell phone records show there was a shutdown at the Wuhan Virology Lab in October of 2019.

Cell phone data suggests the roads around the Wuhan lab was shut down for a number of days in October.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) joined Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures on Mother’s Day weekend.

Bartiromo broke news this morning that cell phone records show there was a shutdown at the Wuhan Virology Lab in October of 2019.

Cell phone data suggests the roads around the Wuhan lab was shut down for a number of days in October.

​They mean December. It was December. Definitely December.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. I'm sure he will give it back but he will make them nag him a little while. He didn't like the whole idea of the government being so f***ing stupid they send a check out to someone that they know is deceased. They put "DECD" right after her name which stands for "deceased".

This has happened to a lot of people. Too many people. It falls in the category of the government ****ed up. If the check has been cashed the government instructions are to send a check from his personal account. I wouldn't particularly trust them to get it straight right away either. In other words I wouldn't be the first to send in the money - give them a chance to start keeping records so he might get credit for sending it in and they don't come looking for their money a second time.

Sounds like a bug in the system.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sounds like a bug in the system.

Yes.
    Basically anyone that FILED in 2018 or 2019 was issued the trump bucks. If you died in 2018 your estate would have filed taxes for you in 2018 and on those taxes the estate writes

John Doe DESECEASED
    on the forms and the name of the person who is filing for the deceased. So that is what the IRS has on file.

IRS does not track if you are alive or not. SSA does that.
    To the IRS you are mover really dead.
    There are some cases where you die say in 2020 but income for 2020 is not reported to you until 2022. Your estate would file in 202w showing you are dead. Then in 2022 and amendment to your 2020 filed in 2021 would be done in 2022 to show the extra income for whatever reason.

The IRS does not care if you died in 2020. Only that taxes were still due to them in 2021 for 2020 that your estate is just reporting in 2022.

Death has no meaning for the IRS and taxes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Even Brix doesn't believe the CDC numbers. From a Salon article based on WaPo reports.

Want to guess the headline of the article that appeared in?

"As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it's safe to inch back to normal"

I'll take your word for that headline.

I just had a conversation with a friend who fairly moderate but definitely sees things from a left wing worldview. He said it's time to start things up, but that we should do so cautiously so that we don't overstretch healthcare infrastructure. He thought we could start opening some things back up now, but emphasized that testing needs to be better before we open everything up. And while there are some things open to argument in that position, it's a reasonable position to take. In other words, it's not as bat **** crazy as that headline. My point is that I kinda think most level-headed people are quite capable of seeing through bull**** like that. I think that the fringe people who take that headline seriously are deep inside their own information bubbles and represent a fringe, maybe even a relatively sizeable fringe. I suspect that notwithstanding the voluminous left castrati, the world of sane individuals grows weary of nonsense.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watching WTHR's noon news. They're doing a story about the rise in Poison Control Center calls due to the increased use of cleaning chemicals and disinfectants. Also some people mixing bleach and ammonia. :n00b:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Watching WTHR's noon news. They're doing a story about the rise in Poison Control Center calls due to the increased use of cleaning chemicals and disinfectants. Also some people mixing bleach and ammonia. :n00b:

Bleach and Ammonia....
    Well, that will get rid of the virus. Guaranteed.

....and kill everything else around it.

If they live, at least they'll learn some chemistry. The hard way. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes.
    Basically anyone that FILED in 2018 or 2019 was issued the trump bucks. If you died in 2018 your estate would have filed taxes for you in 2018 and on those taxes the estate writes

John Doe DESECEASED
    on the forms and the name of the person who is filing for the deceased. So that is what the IRS has on file.

IRS does not track if you are alive or not. SSA does that.
    To the IRS you are mover really dead.
    There are some cases where you die say in 2020 but income for 2020 is not reported to you until 2022. Your estate would file in 202w showing you are dead. Then in 2022 and amendment to your 2020 filed in 2021 would be done in 2022 to show the extra income for whatever reason.

The IRS does not care if you died in 2020. Only that taxes were still due to them in 2021 for 2020 that your estate is just reporting in 2022.

Death has no meaning for the IRS and taxes.

The IRS and SSA should work together better. The IRS could help inform the SSA DMF (Dead-Mother-****er) system. Maybe they do. Anyway, all checks that the IRS sends out should probably cross-referece the DMF and not send the check if the person's SSN is in the file.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SSA always know when you die no matter your age and whatever entity creates the death certificate will inform SSA about it for their records.

I think their is a law or two that does not allow SSA to share any information with anyone else. IRS does send earnings data to SSA but that is a one way street in terms of data sharing. Has something to do with privacy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If i believe half the stuff i hear about cannabis, all pharmaceutical companies will be out of business within the next decade.

Don't forget hemp. Anything can be made out of hemp. I can't wait for the next big breakthrough. Hemp truck bodies. Lighter than steel or carbon fiber, and stronger than both. Or maybe an indestructible hemp sports cup to protect what's important. They could probably make both heat insulation and heat conductors out of hemp. Hemp Rona masks maybe?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...He thought we could start opening some things back up now, but emphasized that testing needs to be better before we open everything up. And while there are some things open to argument in that position, it's a reasonable position to take. In other words, it's not as bat **** crazy as that headline...

How much better?

The thing I don't get about X number of tests being required, at least tied to reopening, is that just because someone has a negative today doesn't mean they will tomorrow, 2 days, a week from now.

How much and how often will we ALL have to be tested before it's "safe" to get back to work, to school, etc? With the large numbers of asymptomatic people that appear to be associated with this bug, it would seem to me that even healthy people with no symptoms would need to be tested on a very regular basis.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    SSA always know when you die no matter your age and whatever entity creates the death certificate will inform SSA about it for their records.

I think their is a law or two that does not allow SSA to share any information with anyone else. IRS does send earnings data to SSA but that is a one way street in terms of data sharing. Has something to do with privacy.

There are a lot of restrictions around sharing the DMF. Law enforcement has access to this information, as well as medical providers in certain contexts. There are laws protecting PII, and also that limit access to the DMF itself. I'd be surprised though if the IRS was prohibited from using it, and I'm not sure that they don't use it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't forget hemp. Anything can be made out of hemp. I can't wait for the next big breakthrough. Hemp truck bodies. Lighter than steel or carbon fiber, and stronger than both. Or maybe an indestructible hemp sports cup to protect what's important. They could probably make both heat insulation and heat conductors out of hemp. Hemp Rona masks maybe?

Already been done man! Like, didn't you see "Up in Smoke" man? ;)

iu

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How much better?

The thing I don't get about X number of tests being required, at least tied to reopening, is that just because someone has a negative today doesn't mean they will tomorrow, 2 days, a week from now.

How much and how often will we ALL have to be tested before it's "safe" to get back to work, to school, etc? With the large numbers of asymptomatic people that appear to be associated with this bug, it would seem to me that even healthy people with no symptoms would need to be tested on a very regular basis.

Like I said, that argument can be had. Reasonable people can make their points and counterpoints and still be sane. The argument that absolutely gets us nowhere is the one happening between the two fringes. Practically speaking no, we not gonna wait until [STRIKE]hell freezes over[/STRIKE] there is no more risk before we start opening some things up. And practically speaking, no, we're not just gonna open everything up everywhere immediately. There is a sane boundary of reason that we can operate in where a consensus is possible.

But just indulging the argument for a moment, testing everyone and doing the contact tracing like they're talking about would be ideal. But practically speaking I think it's a fantasy. The tests don't seem to be all that reliable, and they're not all that easy to do. There's a big lag between testing and results. Perhaps if they did some kind of continuous random sampling it might help. But to do comprehensive testing with contract tracing, that's just not gonna be possible anytime soon. And I don't think it's necessary. As we open things back up the danger is as before, overstressing the infrastructure. So maybe do random sampling in the municipal areas to determine potential hot spots that need focused attention. And then maybe you implement some kind of mass testing, contract tracing and quarantining in just those areas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom