• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The CDC reporting issue has some nuance to it.

Does anyone believe that it is accurate to the exact positive/death? No. That's unrealistic.

After some delay, does it eventually get to a reasonable level of accuracy for purposes of policymaking? Probably. Hopefully. Sure, why not.

If the CDC was artillery, raining shells on the virus while responsible to not hurt the economy with friendly fire, how long should we wait for them to attain 'a reasonable level of accuracy'

If they want to call the shots on policymaking, I think it is incumbent on them to have a very high level of accuracy and to fully explain themselves when they change policies that they previously supported

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Morons.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...weapons-north-carolina-sandwich-shop-n1204081

hero1.jpg

hero2.jpg

hero3.jpg

hero4.jpg

Bunch of ****ing larpers. :):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Putting this here because it’s related to the CV thing.

Watching the Trump show in the evenings when he interacts with the press is usually entertaining. I’m not sure what to make of this one though. It was a non-sensical question, I’ll say. I don’t think Trump intended it to come of as racist. I think he saw it as an opportunity to slam China for the pandemic but the fact he said it in response to a question brought by (I’m assuming — dangerous I know) by a woman of Asian descent is a rookie error.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/11/trump-storms-off-press-conference-ask-china-remark/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Watching the Trump show in the evenings when he interacts with the press is usually entertaining. I’m not sure what to make of this one though. It was a non-sensical question, I’ll say. I don’t think Trump intended it to come of as racist. I think he saw it as an opportunity to slam China for the pandemic but the fact he said it in response to a question brought by (I’m assuming — dangerous I know) by a woman of Asian descent is a rookie error.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/11/trump-storms-off-press-conference-ask-china-remark/

Yeah, hard to construe that as racist. He just brushed off a little chihuahua nipping at his ankles I think.

ETA: Something something big dogs, stay on the porch.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I don't know that he meant it to be racist, but irregardless it's disgusting for any head of state to dismiss a question like that. Then he avoids the next woman without even letting her ask her question.

Idiocracy couldn't make leadership look any worse than this guy does.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So it begs the question.
    What was stolen?
    What freedom did we lose?
    What did .gov prove with this?

I have some opinions on this but would like to hear what others have to say.

As for the map. Why is it divided by 1/3 of the cases?
    Not sure I fully understand that portion of the data?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So it begs the question.
    What was stolen?
    What freedom did we lose?
    What did .gov prove with this?

I have some opinions on this but would like to hear what others have to say.

As for the map. Why is it divided by 1/3 of the cases?
    Not sure I fully understand that portion of the data?

99% of the country represents 1/3 of the deaths.

zero chance NY would have shut down if the red spot was in north Dakota

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What was stolen?
    See question 2
    What freedoms did we lose?
    Right to assembly, freedom to congregate at church, freedom to go to the beach, park, gun ranges, sit down and have a meal at a restaurant, freedom to buy guns, etc (may not pertain to every state, county, or city) but it did/has/is happening
    What did .gov prove?
    Well in my eyes, their incompetence. But I believe it was a trial run on what freedoms Americans are willing to give up in a time of manufactured crisis

Just my :twocents: of course

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Why are we speaking of this in the past tense? This pandemic has a ways to go.

I agree the response should be different in different places, but there wasn't time for a 6 mo debate.

Now is a good time to change practices rather than keeping things closed.

I actually think we've learned a lot that helps:
    - We understand that a lot of infected folks are asymptomatic (so much more focus on masks now)
    - We understand that fever is not a necessary symptom and that relying on fever to determine if someone needs medical attention is not appropriate
    - We understand that sometimes people with very low oxygenation feel fine (silent hypoxia) - but that can be detected with simple and cheap pulse oximeters
    - We have a broader range of symptoms to look for than fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, and muscle pain: new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, sore throat, COVID toe, heart issues
    - We see workplaces with tight arrangements as higher risk, requiring more surveillance and earlier intervention - the same for nursing homes and prisons
    - We see that health facility workers who have sustained exposure without a break seem to be more susceptible to severe cases (cytokine storm); some indication that having a 14-day work shift followed by a sustained off period (7-10 days) may be better
    - We've learned that proving patients can significantly improve their oxygenation in many cases almost immediately
    - We've learned that breathing issues may not be a type that benefits as much from simply pushing air in
    - We continue to see lower death rates in areas where hospitals are not overwhelmed
    - We see African-Americans, Hispanics & Native Americans having especially high mortality rates with COVID-19, at least suggesting that patients from these groups might benefit from earlier intervention and a closer look for symptoms; ditto for people who are obese or diabetic
    - We see kids as being proportionately much less affected than adults
    - We're gaining some (limited) clarity on medications that assist/harm in different presentations/stages of the disease
    - We've got more (but still not enough) PPE for healthcare workers -- and that should help reduce the toll of death on these folks
    - We've got more (but still not enough) test capacity and the tests return results fast enough to be a lot more useful
    - We're in the very earliest stages of making antibody testing available, though we still don't know how persistent the antibody effects are or whether people who had asymptomatic cases develop a strong antibody reaction

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom