• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This china flu thing certainly is scary and I do not think we will ever know the truth since China has been covering it up since it began. I am glad doomsday predictions were never realized at the volume that was predicted. I am sorry for those who died and will die as a result of this virus. That said, I cannot help but think that many many individuals are using this as a platform to change America. I understand the reasoning behind social distancing for prevention, but as this so called curve begins to level, it appears the grip of many in power is tightening up inappropriately. As we see light at the end of the tunnel for this virus, we see a train headed our way. The light seemingly is coming from the roar of a power sucking engine that is certainly more deadly than this doomsday virus.

I am more fearful of the political beast that is emerging from the virus. This beast will be much harder to overcome than this, or any other, virus. It will have an everlasting effect on our country.

Change is happening, get used to it. It's just about to get wild.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    THE SUBWAYS SEEDED THE MASSIVE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC IN NEW YORK CITY

http://web.mit.edu/jeffrey/harris/HarrisJE_WP2_COVID19_NYC_13-Apr-2020.pdf

arnie.gif

mtinner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    somewhere in ohio
    Thanks jedi, for your information. I was late in filling my 2019 return, but was thinking they would be using my 2018 return. All the bank information, and address they have is correct. Don't really need the money right now, so I'll just sit back and wait. Thanks again.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Interesting point of view from upstate NY. Much like with their gun laws, their coronavirus policies are being dictated by standards that might be appropriate for NYC, but definitely don't make sense for the rest of the state. In fact, the situation in NYC is so bad, that it is truly throwing off national statistics.

Here’s How Much Downstate New York Is Skewing the United States’ Coronavirus Numbers

I grew up upstate, in the Adirondacks area. The situation is worse than Illinois. Chicago is 2.72 million within a state of 12.66 million (21.5%) and it manages to dominate state politics. NYC is 8.4 million within a state of 19.75 million (42.5%) and not only dominates state politics, they think NYC and NYS are the same thing. They think 'upstate' starts anywhere north of Westchester County

When I lived there, NYC always wanted to become the 51st state (this is before they avoided bankruptcy by the skin of their teeth) and the rest of the state was ready to volunteer to dig the moat for the separation - by hand

I can't really remember any governor, Democrat or Republican, who wasn't a cog in the big city machine. The non-NYC 97% of the state is largely rural and beautiful, the other cities (Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, Binghamton) are hollowed out rust belt zombies. Albany, which as the capitol and seat of government, is the exception; kept alive by a continuous transfusion of taxpayer money

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Caught some late news on 59 this morning, protest group wanting all the prisoners in the Indy jail released because of covid or at least have their sentences shortened. Makes me wonder if in the end covid will have simply been a buffet table for criminals of all sorts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom