• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So we shut down our entire way of life for what we don't know under force of government?

Did you notice in the beginning of this it was HEAVILY suggested that people stay in because of how contagious this all was?
    Did you also notice that people basically just ignored that HEAVILY suggested warning?

If you can't see the threat, then there isn't a threat, apparently. People were NOT policing themselves and their families.
    Did some governors overreach? Sure. We knew that would happen. Rebel all you want, that's fair, but don't put the rest of us in danger while doing it.

I don't like this crap either.
    Have you seen Spain or Italy lately? We got lucky so far but it's far from over. The sooner people ACCEPT that, the sooner we can salvage what's left of our country and try to move on.

"Acceptance" That's the goal here so we can all get on board. (it's the fifth and last stage. you know)

(now is when the numbers and models get trashed as propaganda for the federal overreach plan) :rolleyes:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And we may never have that recipe again. ;)

Jimmy Webb. One of my favorite composers/songwriters.

A Tramp Shining Adios. After All The Loves Of My Life. All I Know. All My Love’s Laughter. Alyce Blue Gown. Angel Heart. Another Lullaby. Asleep On The Wind
    Belmont Avenue
    By The Time I Get To Phoenix
    Carpet Man
    Cheap Lovin’
    Christiaan No
    Cloudman
    Crying In My Sleep
    Dancing Girl
    Didn’t We
    Do What You Gotta Do
    Dream Worth Keeping
    Dreams/Pax/Nepenthe
    Easy For You To Say
    Eleventh Song, The
    Elvis And Me
    Evie (See Euie)
    Epilogue
    Everybody Gets to Go to the Moon
    Feet in the Sunshine
    For TV Show “Tales From the Crypt”
    Loved To Death
    Gayla
    Grow Young
    Highwayman, The
    The Hive
    Honey, Come Back
    I Don’t Know How To Love You Anymore
    I Keep It Hid
    If These Walls Could Speak
    If This Was the Last Song
    If You Must Leave My Life
    If You See Me Getting Smaller
    In The Final Hours
    Interim

Is There Love After You?
    It Won’t Bring Her Back
    It’s A Sin When You Love Somebody
    Someone Else
    Just Like Always
    Just This One Time
    Lady Fits Her Blue Jeans
    Light Years
    MacArthur Park
    Marionette
    Mixed Up Girl
    The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
    Mr. Shuck ‘n’ Jive
    My Christmas Tree
    Name Of My Sorrow
    Ocean In His Eyes
    Oklahoma Nights
    Once In The Morning
    One Of The Nicer Things
    Only One Life
    Orange Air
    P.F. Sloan
    Paper Chase
    Paper Cup
    Piano
    Postcards From Paris
    Pocketful of Keys
    Requiem: 820 Latham
    Rosecrans Blvd.
    Saturday Suit
    Scissors Cut
    See You Then
    Shattered
    She Moves, Eyes Follow
    Skylark, A Meditation (See Skylark)
    Skywriter
    Someone Is Standing Outside
    Still Within The Sound Of My Voice
    Summer’s Daughter
    Sunshower
    That’s The Way It Is
    That’s The Way It Was
    The Girls’ Song
    The Hymns From The Grand Terrace
    The Magic Garden
    The Yard Went On Forever
    These Are All Mine
    This Is Where I Came In
    This Is Your LifeTime Flies
    To Make It Easier On You
    Too Young To Die
    Up, Up And Away
    Wasn’t There A Moment
    Watermark
    What Does A Woman See In A Man
    Whatever Happened To Christmas
    When Can Brown Begin
    Where Do Unicorns Go
    Where The Universes Are
    Where’s The Playground, Susie
    Where Words End (Just Across the River)
    Wichita Lineman
    Wooden Planes
    Worst That Could Happen, The
    You Can’t Treat The Wrong Man Right
    You Might As Well Smile

THE LAST UNICORN
    The Last Unicorn
    Man’s Road
    In the Sea
    Now That I’m a Woman
    That’s All I’ve Got to Say
    The Last Unicorn Part 2
    Forest Awakens: The Unicorn Forest/The Hunters
    Red Soup
    Red Bull Attacks
    The Cat
    The Tree
    Haggard’s Unicorns
    Bull-Unicorn-Woman
    Unicorns in the Sea
    Unicorn and Lir

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Did you notice in the beginning of this it was HEAVILY suggested that people stay in because of how contagious this all was?
    Did you also notice that people basically just ignored that HEAVILY suggested warning?

If you can't see the threat, then there isn't a threat, apparently. People were NOT policing themselves and their families.
    Did some governors overreach? Sure. We knew that would happen. Rebel all you want, that's fair, but don't put the rest of us in danger while doing it.

I don't like this crap either.
    Have you seen Spain or Italy lately? We got lucky so far but it's far from over. The sooner people ACCEPT that, the sooner we can salvage what's left of our country and try to move on.

"Acceptance" That's the goal here so we can all get on board. (it's the fifth and last stage. you know)

(now is when the numbers and models get trashed as propaganda for the federal overreach plan) :rolleyes:

I just posted this in a different thread but it goes here as well.

They never said they were going to stop the spread, it was a foregone conclusion that the spread would be the spread, we were just trying to slow it so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system which we did. It is going to run its course and humans cannot stop it. We still do not have vaccines for viruses we have been studying for near 40 years.

Arrogant affluent Americans must come to grips with a reality, modern medicine has made it possible that millions of Americans can live with major health issues that would have been fatal just 40 years ago. There are things that can erase those gains and C-19 seems to be one of them. The healthy strong cannot stop living so those with major morbidities have less risk. Those folks actually need the healthy strong to take care of them.

Several countries chose not to lockdown and do not seem worse than those that did. Science just does not know and decisions that affect the majority negatively cannot be made without solid evidence to base those decisions on.

And just where is the balance of all those documented that die from economic collapse? Are their lives not just as important? The people that will lose their jobs, their marriages, their homes, the savings they worked their entire lives for, and their lives? Those sucked into depression and suicide, drug and alcohol dependence, all of that is well known to be part of any recession, not to mention depression. So It is about more than just C-19 victims, it's about everyone and there are multiple facets to consider here...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I just posted this in a different thread but it goes here as well.

They never said they were going to stop the spread, it was a foregone conclusion that the spread would be the spread, we were just trying to slow it so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system which we did. It is going to run its course and humans cannot stop it. We still do not have vaccines for viruses we have been studying for near 40 years.

Arrogant affluent Americans must come to grips with a reality, modern medicine has made it possible that millions of Americans can live with major health issues that would have been fatal just 40 years ago. There are things that can erase those gains and C-19 seems to be one of them. The healthy strong cannot stop living so those with major morbidities have less risk. Those folks actually need the healthy strong to take care of them.

Several countries chose not to lockdown and do not seem worse than those that did. Science just does not know and decisions that affect the majority negatively cannot be made without solid evidence to base those decisions on.

And just where is the balance of all those documented that die from economic collapse? Are their lives not just as important? The people that will lose their jobs, their marriages, their homes, the savings they worked their entire lives for, and their lives? Those sucked into depression and suicide, drug and alcohol dependence, all of that is well known to be part of any recession, not to mention depression. So It is about more than just C-19 victims, it's about everyone and there are multiple facets to consider here...

Rep inbound. This is spot on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do people still go on Facebook? And why again? :dunno:

(other than funny pix and vids)

Yeah. They do still go on Facebook. Facebook is the place people go to put forth a false face, a fake front, the face of the life they wish they had, so they can make their "friends" think that their lives aren't as ****ed up as they are. And so they can get their fake news tailored to their world views so they can confirm their moral superiority.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah. They do still go on Facebook. Facebook is the place people go to put forth a false face, a fake front, the face of the life they wish they had, so they can make their "friends" think that their lives aren't as ****ed up as they are. And so they can get their fake news tailored to their world views so they can confirm their moral superiority.

Wow. Some of that sounds like INGO.
    Especially that moral superiority stuff.

I usually just post jokes on Facebook.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow. Some of that sounds like INGO.
    Especially that moral superiority stuff.

I usually just post jokes on Facebook.

Well. I don't know about that. But I'm just going by what I see posted by people I know. They only post the perfect things about their families. And I can understand that. Wanting to put your best face forward. But dang, I know these people and I know their lives aren't perfect.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have I mentioned my older sister's closet democrat is an effing moron? (no, really, he's an independent that just happens to like everything the D's say and hates everything R's say... but he's Independent :rolleyes:)

He has a nasty habit of comparing small country's reactions to events to ours, bi***ing about how poorly we do compared to them. Really? Thats like me taking out a little league team for ice cream and somebody bi***ing about how I didnt take the entire small town out for ice cream. First of all, I couldnt afford it, second of all there isnt enough product in that DQ to serve everyone in the small town in one night. So even if I had the $$ it wouldn't be possible.

He recently compared us to Cuba: "Castro was able to create a great socialized medical infrastructure. Its so good people travel there for cancer treatment because they are so far ahead of everyone else." Really? you are going to compare a small island dictatorship to a Constitutional Republic that cannot seize wealth arbitrarily, tax the population at whatever they choose, and dictate what everyone does for the good of the state? Sure, they may have one of the best medical infrastructures in the world. But at what cost? Poverty for all?

Today he contrasted us to S Korea. "SK is testing everyone for Covid-19! There is no reason a country as great as ours couldn't do the same." Really? You are telling me they found 50m test kits? I call shenanigans. As of 3/15 they could process 10k tests a day. That would take 13.6 years to actually test everyone like he claimed. This dumbf*** couldnt think critically and google his way out of a wet paper bag. He takes everything he reads at face value and doesnt bother to think "wait, could they REALLY be doing this? They must. After all, it is written that they are!" When pressed, he couldnt understand how we couldnt magically come up with 360 million test kits and process them within a week. :facepalm: Even if we wanted to, we couldnt :poop: out test kits that fast because there just arent enough specialized labs to make them.

And it seems like every single thing he get behind falls apart with a simple application of logic and google-fu. Many of our debates end with him unable to defend his poorly formed opinion because he just cant defend his position with facts and logic. Yet he still stick to his guns.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Just the people who loves cats are that way.

Dog lovers don't care whether you judge them.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You are going to end up a turducken.

Happy nightmares. :)

tenor.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Have I mentioned my older sister's closet democrat is an effing moron? (no, really, he's an independent that just happens to like everything the D's say and hates everything R's say... but he's Independent :rolleyes:)

He has a nasty habit of comparing small country's reactions to events to ours, bi***ing about how poorly we do compared to them. Really? Thats like me taking out a little league team for ice cream and somebody bi***ing about how I didnt take the entire small town out for ice cream. First of all, I couldnt afford it, second of all there isnt enough product in that DQ to serve everyone in the small town in one night. So even if I had the $$ it wouldn't be possible.

He recently compared us to Cuba: "Castro was able to create a great socialized medical infrastructure. Its so good people travel there for cancer treatment because they are so far ahead of everyone else." Really? you are going to compare a small island dictatorship to a Constitutional Republic that cannot seize wealth arbitrarily, tax the population at whatever they choose, and dictate what everyone does for the good of the state? Sure, they may have one of the best medical infrastructures in the world. But at what cost? Poverty for all?

Today he contrasted us to S Korea. "SK is testing everyone for Covid-19! There is no reason a country as great as ours couldn't do the same." Really? You are telling me they found 50m test kits? I call shenanigans. As of 3/15 they could process 10k tests a day. That would take 13.6 years to actually test everyone like he claimed. This dumbf*** couldnt think critically and google his way out of a wet paper bag. He takes everything he reads at face value and doesnt bother to think "wait, could they REALLY be doing this? They must. After all, it is written that they are!" When pressed, he couldnt understand how we couldnt magically come up with 360 million test kits and process them within a week. :facepalm: Even if we wanted to, we couldnt :poop: out test kits that fast because there just arent enough specialized labs to make them.

And it seems like every single thing he get behind falls apart with a simple application of logic and google-fu. Many of our debates end with him unable to defend his poorly formed opinion because he just cant defend his position with facts and logic. Yet he still stick to his guns.

People also go to Tijuana Mexico for cancer treatments. That is not because they are good at it - it is because they will do unproven stuff and take a chance it might work. When people are facing death they are willing to take chances and those places are willing to take their money.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    With the presumption that you are a male, that is spoken like someone that has no understanding of the female sex. It is where the female members of families share family news and photos of kids and celebrations. Many families no longer even live in the same state today and social media allows them to stay connected. It is believed by many that the Trump 2016 team won a lot of female votes on FB and they are hell bent that doesn't happen again.

Also great for veteran's to keep track of shipmates.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Umm, Cuba's medicine is anything but "great".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Umm, Cuba's medicine is anything but "great".

Pretty much a propped up MSM scam over all.

I have had to literally fire every member of my family (my side) save for 1 sister and she understands that approaching a discussion in the manner as described above will get you annihilated with facts and truths. But over time her Dem. upbringing has lost its place in the light. The tds is fading away as the reality of what we have been assailed with over the last 10 years is a scam of epic levels. That is what drives the left into the ground. They absolutely refuse to see the idiocy in the direction they have taken. That the end result is a vacuum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom