• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah and he also is the CEO, the head honcho, the big cheese, the big kahuna, the President...in other words the guy responsible for actions taken by the executive branch.

We will see. For me the big test will be Michigan...will the voters blame the governor or Trump but I think it could play out nationwide.

But the Democrat governors have been at pains to tell him he can't tell them what to do and it is up to them to decide. I'm going to side, IMO, with the 'progressive wet dream' phalanx. Not sure how the governor can claim to be the ultimate authority on whether and when to shut down, how much, and when to open up without being seen as culpable

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, just to be clear, Trump supporters will view all of his actions as correct? Otherwise the group I am wondering about will exist and have to weigh whether any incorrect actions were worth the cost.

I never said or suggested that.

So, never unambiguously say what you mean, allowing for retconning if your position becomes untenable

Kut becomes inactive

Another member, IMO, adopts that M.O.

Hmmm (In my opinion)

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So, just to be clear, Trump supporters will view all of his actions as correct? Otherwise the group I am wondering about will exist and have to weigh whether any incorrect actions were worth the cost.

I may not agree with everything but it’s certainly not going to make me vote democrat lol

So, never unambiguously say what you mean, allowing for retconning if your position becomes untenable

Kut becomes inactive

Hmmm (In my opinion)

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Kut becomes inactive

Hmmm (In my opinion)

.The reason I post ambiguously is because I don't know as much as you do.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Be careful of something that's just what you want it to be.[video=youtube;5VO6bI-xrj8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VO6bI-xrj8[/video]

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Really not trying to confuse anyone. I usually refrain from personal pronouns to avoid accusatory remarks, but I purposely used it in that post.

Bug seems so convinced that the question seems to be moot to him. He knows the answer I don't. In reading my posts I offered one hint before, think of them as over a beer in a bar. I am always fascinated by people who hold strongly to one position especially because that is not my personality.

I'll offer up another, when I ask a question, it is to get an answer or provoke thought, not an attempt to trap anyone. I am genuinely curious about why people believe what that believe and more so what life experiences led them to such a position.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    still looking for my check from the gov. I've gone to the irs website, filled out what was directed and was told my information does not match theirs. I used both 2018 and 2019 returns. now what?

Don't know.
    Maybe call the IRS? Visit an IRS office, if they're "essential" and open.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The cut to the bones questions are; has Trump lost any of the support he had going into this? NO. Have some that did not support or were on the fence, moved to support him? A little. Has he made any gains with the folks that despise him? NO

I am most interested in how this situation affects the outreach the campaign was making to the minority's of the country and how their views have been affected by Covid-19...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    still looking for my check from the gov. I've gone to the irs website, filled out what was directed and was told my information does not match theirs. I used both 2018 and 2019 returns. now what?

When and how did you file the 2019 return?
    If you filed *AFTER* 03.31.2020 you did not make the cut for the direct deposit that hit this past week. They would have e used 2018 data if avalaible.

Did the 2019 return have your bank info for a direct deposit refund of those returns?

Did you get the 2019 refund of those taxes yet?

The 2nd round of direct deposits is this coming week for 2018 data users and then the last week in april will be for any 2019 april filers they got.

next month they will try and start mailing checks to anyone they dont have bank info on but a 2018/2019 mailing address.

NOTE: if you qualify for the money and dont get in this year you will STILL get in next year when you file your 2020 tax returns. So you wont lose the money just a matter of timing.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    But the Democrat governors have been at pains to tell him he can't tell them what to do and it is up to them to decide. I'm going to side, IMO, with the 'progressive wet dream' phalanx. Not sure how the governor can claim to be the ultimate authority on whether and when to shut down, how much, and when to open up without being seen as culpable

Yeah, Trump is still playing 3D chess while the Dems play checkers.

1. Governors all excited about their new found power and getting their wet dream of reporters shoving microphones in their face.
    2. Trump proposes closing down the borders in New York and New Jersey.
    3. Governors “you can’t do that”
    4. Now the governors own the shut down timing and if not done soon enough it is their fault.
    5. Trump proposes an opening of the economy plan.
    6. Governors insist it is their choice to defer opening.
    7. Now the governors own the the bad economy as businsses are destroyed.
    8. And Nancy eats her ice cream instead of helping businesses survive so they can pay employees.

All Trump has to do is put together another video montage where he was told he didn’t have the power, it belonged to the governors.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One has to wonder if the deaths go too low, if many people who voted for Trump will blame him for economic damage not deemed worth the cost and they won't come out to vote for him this year.
    I wouldn’t blame any president for reacting to the input of experts and taking their advice. When that decision was made the information we had at the time, especially seeing what happened in Italy where they were totally overwhelmed, I think Trump, or any leader had to act on that. In hindsight maybe it’s not as bad as was believed at the time. As it turns out, we probably did not need to shut down everything that was shut down. No one knew that then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom