jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, I get that.

I just don't recall any of the previous infectious pandemic rehearsals having a clinical emphasis on it. Faulty memory, not important back then, probably an issue on my side of the analysis.

[h=2]The second case in New York raises the prospect of the virus spreading locally.[/h]
    GGov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced on Tuesday morning a second confirmed case of the coronavirus in New York, saying that a man in his 50s in Westchester County, just outside of New York City, had tested positive.
    The patient had no history of recent travel to any known places where the virus is spreading and had not come into contact with other infected people, suggesting that the pathogen is spreading locally.
    The patient, whose test was confirmed overnight in New York City, is a lawyer who works in Manhattan and lives in New Rochelle
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/world/coronavirus-news.html

??? Got it via public transportation maybe???

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    ??? Got it via public transportation maybe???

I doubt it. His sons private school was closed today. A lawyer that can afford a private school in the New York area is not taking the subway.
    He also lives in New Rochelle

Compared to cities of a similar size, New Rochelle is very much on the safe side. The city's crime rate is the 14th lowest in the country, and the lowest of similarly sized cities both Westchester County and New York state.

Lets just say it is a well off area compared to most of the cities in the USA.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I doubt it. His sons private school was closed today. A lawyer that can afford a private school in the New York area is not taking the subway.

I actually have a colleague that meets the reported description of this guy. It is worth the money for him to hire a guy to drive him into the city in the morning, then home in the evening instead of the train/subway/cab. The time he bills making phone calls or reading in the back seat pays for it.

Anyway, during the day, the driver is allowed to do Uber/whatever until the lawyer needs to go home. No way to know who else gets in the car.

Even so, NYC professionals still interact with people/stuff people have touched when they walk through their buildings or eat lunch or go to meetings.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    (Sign of relief)
    then it's just affecting the rich, the politicians and the religious fanatics.

InGo members are sssaafeee!!

Pee on your hands twice a day!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ummm... Wow.

Iranian coronavirus count jumps 50% in one day. Well, maybe they are just doing a better job at identifying it...

Or maybe not...

I'd have to say that I wouldn't be surprised if more of their senior leadership succumbs if they practice their faith this way.

Edit:
    I'm not aware of any other country having such a problem specifically with legislators and other national leaders.
    Coronavirus Infects 23 Iranian Lawmakers As Ayatollah Orders Military to Help Fight Spread

What's the military going to do? Stop people from licking stuff? Or shooting them after they do?

As a kid, I told my Dad, "It hurts when I do this".
    He told me to stop doing that.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Coronavirus: France to requisition face masks for use by health professionals, those infected

French authorities will requisition all face mask stocks and production in coming months, President Emmanuel Macron said Tuesday, reserving them for use by those infected with the coronavirus and those working in the healthcare industry.

"We will distribute them to health professionals and to French people infected with the coronavirus," Macron said on Twitter.

https://www.france24.com/en/2020030...or-use-by-health-professionals-those-infected

Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said earlier Tuesday that he had ordered France's consumer and anti-fraud watchdog to open an investigation after reports that prices had doubled or even tripled.

"I'm ready to regulate prices of masks and gels by decree if the abuses are numerous," he said on Twitter.

They should do the same thing in the US, with ammunition prices, before a presidential election. :dunno:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    He's denying transmission through air, which I thought was still up for grabs. I think I've heard it called 'aerosolized"?

Never heard it called snake associated before. Definitely appeals to my religious senses.

Many important points!

He spoke about "droplets" in the air (aerosolized). The air itself will not harm you but droplets in the air may harm you. The virus is in the droplet.

Excellent points to follow.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The second case in New York raises the prospect of the virus spreading locally.

GGov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced on Tuesday morning a second confirmed case of the coronavirus in New York, saying that a man in his 50s in Westchester County, just outside of New York City, had tested positive.
    The patient had no history of recent travel to any known places where the virus is spreading and had not come into contact with other infected people, suggesting that the pathogen is spreading locally.
    The patient, whose test was confirmed overnight in New York City, is a lawyer who works in Manhattan and lives in New Rochelle
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/world/coronavirus-news.html

I wish they'd stop saying they haven't come into contact with an infected person. Well yeah, they have, at least indirectly. It's not just popping up out of nowhere.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    2zF1j8t.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So how clean is your mail and packages? :dunno:

I have a few boxes in a 3 week quarantine at the moment. You?

I use purell surface sanitizer. On the box,and all contents. Get rid of the box,and then sanitize and wash my hands.
    Mind you I purchased 4 gallons of it 2 weeks ago from amazon.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom