Not open for further replies.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    First, people whom from southern China always like to try to eat some weird *****, bats, rats, snakes, armadillos, whatever.

Remember SARS? It was traced to Prairie Dogs. NO, Prairie Dogs are rodens, NOT DOGS.

And, the communist party leaders in the local level has a long tradition of covering up disasters, accidents and disease outbreaks.

What you know now, is just a tip of the iceberg.

But, one thing they can do better than every other country, is to shut down a whole city of 11 million in a blink.

Had they actually closed Wuhan right when the news started coming out, maybe. What China is really good at is denying there's a problem, procrastinating, finally doing grandiose gestures too late to help and the Party taking all the credit (and blaming Japan if at all possible). Typical too little, too late, but hey they're building a new 1000 bed hospital to care for the affected in Wuhan...

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/...HJ8MC5x14kQXG8ABgqjZ3WUC9erJnwBZCtvGibDnB0Oh8

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I've been away for a few days. Not been following this.

It appears there is a surge in orders of airtight goggles, n95 and p100 masks. Higher dollar full face and half mask respirators with p100 cartridges are also selling at a higher rate.

P100 filters/respirator or masks are what you want if you don't have any. N95 is ok but not perfect. Don't forget protecting your eyes and other skin openings.

its because you can get infected via your eyes.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/art...me-down-wuhan-coronavirus-after-saying-it-was

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Which part? Most of it is intel gathered over the past few months. The 3% I got from the Casey Hendricks show while driving home from the airport after my latest deployment.

Found it fascinating and wanted to read more on it. I generally focus more on the economic war than other forms...

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Be aware and take reasonable precautions at this point. Things get more serious if we get to phases 5/6.

WHO Pandemic phase descriptions:
    asExdAl.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This **** is gonna make me break out the M40. No freaking clue where it’s stuffed either? Anyone know where to get fresh M40 filters?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This **** is gonna make me break out the M40. No freaking clue where it’s stuffed either? Anyone know where to get fresh M40 filters?

Next 1500? M40 took the same filters as the MCU2P. I haven't been inside in a while, but the surplus store in Bedford had a metric crap-ton of CWDE stuff last time I stopped.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Next 1500? M40 took the same filters as the MCU2P. I haven't been inside in a while, but the surplus store in Bedford had a metric crap-ton of CWDE stuff last time I stopped.
    Is CWDE the country club version of CBRN? I don’t think buying life safety stuff at 5he gun show or Army/Navy store is in my future. I’m looking for a source for fresh up to date stuff. Lots of LE uses M40’s still but I may jump to a 50 or an Avon respirator when funds allow. Hadn’t thought much of CBRN threats, but it’s now back on my radar.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    US consulate in Wuhan will evacuate its diplomatic personnel and some other American citizens on Tuesday

Looking at this... realizing no one has it under control... and knowing China is covering up a lot of it... it feels like this one could be bad, and get around the world before it goes away.

But we also built up the ebola outbreak... dunno.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Had they actually closed Wuhan right when the news started coming out, maybe. What China is really good at is denying there's a problem, procrastinating, finally doing grandiose gestures too late to help and the Party taking all the credit (and blaming Japan if at all possible). Typical too little, too late, but hey they're building a new 1000 bed hospital to care for the affected in Wuhan...

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/...HJ8MC5x14kQXG8ABgqjZ3WUC9erJnwBZCtvGibDnB0Oh8

It's not a "hospital", more of a concentration camp.

It's a top-down political system, none of the lower lever officials wants to be the badnews bear to their next up.

The military medical corp have taken over the 15 hospitals in Wuhan since yesterday.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That new "Hospital" will end up being a bunch of large tents and/or pop-up buildings but one will have a huge pit in the middle.

vdYzCv8.gif

....and probably all of them by the time it's over.

Got a feeling there will be more of these sites. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom