Not open for further replies.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Relax,
    Most of us have the advantage of ancestral immunity it’s powerful if you are European decent or African from America not all of us will make it but we have a large head start.

BTW
    Ebola would kill about all of us it kills the host so fast it cannot spread.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is CWDE the country club version of CBRN? I don’t think buying life safety stuff at 5he gun show or Army/Navy store is in my future. I’m looking for a source for fresh up to date stuff. Lots of LE uses M40’s still but I may jump to a 50 or an Avon respirator when funds allow. Hadn’t thought much of CBRN threats, but it’s now back on my radar.
    It was CWDE when I was sucking rubber in an M17 (that's the gas mask the MP tossed up to the retired Colonel on the Embassy grounds in Saigon when the Tet Offensive started. The gas mask was tossed up after the 1911 was tossed up but I digress) those filters won't help. Those were the ones that "you'd will die before you could change them out in a chemical environment."

What was your question again? Was it concerning the color of the filter?

Edit: CWDE is Chemical Warfare Defense Equipment. CBRN (formerly NBC) is why there is CWDE.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I have a box of M-44s and a few M-40s. I could always use an update but I feel confident they'll be fine for now. :yesway:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was CWDE when I was sucking rubber in an M17 (that's the gas mask the MP tossed up to the retired Colonel on the Embassy grounds in Saigon when the Tet Offensive started. The gas mask was tossed up after the 1911 was tossed up but I digress) those filters won't help. Those were the ones that "you'd will die before you could change them out in a chemical environment."

What was your question again? Was it concerning the color of the filter?

Edit: CWDE is Chemical Warfare Defense Equipment. CBRN (formerly NBC) is why there is CWDE.
    Army never used the term that’s why I wasn’t familiar. I grew up in the 80’s Army we used the M17, but were going to the M40 as I was going to not care anymore. I was looking for a reliable source for fresh cans for the -40.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Our Flu is killing more people in the US that this Chinese Flu, be more concerned by that. Wash your filthy hands...

And put your arm, nose into the inside of the elbow, to sneeze or cough. STOP with the cover with your hand, you just put the contagion on your hands to spread around.

And for Gods sake, wash you hands after the bathroom. This issue is even in the women's room today as I hear from my wife and her friends.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    And put your arm, nose into the inside of the elbow, to sneeze or cough. STOP with the cover with your hand, you just put the contagion on your hands to spread around.

And for Gods sake, wash you hands after the bathroom. This issue is even in the women's room today as I hear from my wife and her friends.

Maybe it's Mother Nature preparing the Big Cull?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

You’re probably safer NOT washing your hands after the bathroom as long as you don’t **** on your fingers.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Family member works at a level 1 trauma center as an ER doctor. Asked him what he knows.

He is fearful for his 6 month old baby. Hospital has sleeping quarters so he will not have to go home and expose his wife and child if it gets going in the area. They appear to know how to spot it but it takes resources. Overall it will not be as bad in the USA.

They are training on very specific hand washing, PPE and gown and boogie wearing and removal techniques....

He also said a lot of the protective gear is made and imported from China. Purchasing is sourcing other suppliers if the China items are disrupted.

He said when the entrance doors get removed from public bathroom entrances you'll know it's bad...the virus is acting like it was engineered and the odds of "just" randomly picked up many traits to increase the spread is remote.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You’re probably safer NOT washing your hands after the bathroom as long as you don’t **** on your fingers.

Reminds me of a story that a guy I used to work with told me. Apparently he didn't wash his hands after using the urinal and someone admonished him for it saying, "Didn't your dad teach you to wash your hands after going to the bathroom?" His answer was, "No, my dad taught me not to pee on my hands." :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    its looking more and more likely that the corona virus is a military asset.

881kUyY.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Reminds me of a story that a guy I used to work with told me. Apparently he didn't wash his hands after using the urinal and someone admonished him for it saying, "Didn't your dad teach you to wash your hands after going to the bathroom?" His answer was, "No, my dad taught me not to pee on my hands." :):

If one believes that washing their hands is due to getting pizz on them they are just ignorant. Human genitalia are a warm moist environment that is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. And you thought you controlled all the sex that went on down there.

Heck one can drink pizz and it will not hurt you in all but rare cases...

Additional point, I will admit that I have been in a few bathrooms that I did not wash, as I felt I was cleaner the the facilities. But I see guys in high end fancy restaurants not wash...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If one believes that washing their hands is due to getting pizz on them they are just ignorant. Human genitalia are a warm moist environment that is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. And you thought you controlled all the sex that went on down there.

Heck one can drink pizz and it will not hurt you in all but rare cases...

Additional point, I will admit that I have been in a few bathrooms that I did not wash, as I felt I was cleaner the the facilities. But I see guys in high end fancy restaurants not wash...

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating NOT washing after taking a whiz, but I just thought the guy's reply was funny. :):

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I wash my hands before and after I take a wiz.
    My hands? They have been exposed to and/or touching shopping carts, door handles, animal poop and worse.... other peoples dirty hands.

So yes, I wash my dirty disgusting hands before going anywhere near up my clean blind cave dweller that has been hanging in his clean cozy hammock all day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom