• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I too abuse LOL.
    I prefer the company of my dogs and woods.

I hate consumer culture.I even hate the term consumer and think it should have a negative connotation.Planned designed obsolescence is evil,as are most single use disposable items.

I do not understand how people can watch 7-9 hours of tv a day.I have not watched more than 30 hours of TV in the last 5 years.

I like to read and write.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    In high school, I woud never listen to anything other than country music. For me, nothing else existed.

Today, my Iphone has all sorts of music. From elvis, Motown, nirvana, Mötley Crüe, and Elton John.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I got carded, seriously carded, the week I turned 40. She was looking me up and down, it was kinda creepy. I hadn't had that since I was 16. I finally had to say to her, "Why would I make a fake ID saying I was 40?" Note: I never made one for myself. I, um, understand it was possible to make really good ones. I don't know about things like that. I'm just waiting for one of them to say they think I'm my son's son. He dresses better than I do, and is more clean cut.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I got carded, seriously carded, the week I turned 40. She was looking me up and down, it was kinda creepy. I hadn't had that since I was 16. I finally had to say to her, "Why would I make a fake ID saying I was 40?" Note: I never made one for myself. I, um, understand it was possible to make really good ones. I don't know about things like that. I'm just waiting for one of them to say they think I'm my son's son. He dresses better than I do, and is more clean cut.
    This post made me think of my confession!

I hate, and I do mean HATE people who INSIST on carding for the dumbest of things. For example, I'm a 22 year old male who can't go into walmart and purchase Lucas fuel injector cleaner without the cashier going, "Umm..I need to see your ID." Any time I'm not not asked for my ID (which is rarely), it takes everything I have not to hug this person.

Kid you not, I once saw a cashier DEMAND, not ask, to see the ID of a "well above 40" individual who had grandchildren with them. When this individual could not find said ID (most likely left in car), the cashier took the alcohol away, and told them they couldn't sell it to them. I wanted to common sense smack the crap out of that cashier

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    This post made me think of my confession!

I hate, and I do mean HATE people who INSIST on carding for the dumbest of things. For example, I'm a 22 year old male who can't go into walmart and purchase Lucas fuel injector cleaner without the cashier going, "Umm..I need to see your ID." Any time I'm not not asked, it takes everything I have not to hug this person.

Another one. Kid you not, I once saw a cashier DEMAND, not ask, to see the ID of a "well above 40" individual who had grandchildren with them. When this individual could not find said ID (most likely left in car), the cashier took the alcohol away, and told them they couldn't sell it to them.

I refuse to present ID when I purchase a video game. I don't care if it's NC-17, I've been over 17y/o longer than I was under 17! Plus anyone under 17 with a full beard and retreating hair line should be allowed to purchase any damn game he wants!

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    My confession..... Last night, while starting a new project on my wood lathe, I was listening to Elton John's Greatest Hits album.
    Very 1st concert I ever went to was Elton John's 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' tour, Oct. of '74, I do believe @ the Oakland Coliseum.

I was a Journey fan before Journey was 'cool' (pre-Steve Perry). Still have their first 4 albums in vinyl!

I also enjoy woodturning! Plan on setting up my shop once we get settled into the new place.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I refuse to present ID when I purchase a video game. I don't care if it's NC-17, I've been over 17y/o longer than I was under 17! Plus anyone under 17 with a full beard and retreating hair line should be allowed to purchase any damn game he wants!
    Make a "Go **** yourself" card. Any time that happens, present them with said card and walk away. I've strongly considered doing such a thing

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Another confession....

I enjoy my other hobbies much much more than shooting guns.

Hobbies are mountain biking, road biking and woodturning.

I made a thread last week about selling my AR build for another gun. NOW I'm thinking of selling it to finance my other hobbies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I told everybody I was cut off by a blue car and that's why I wrecked my motorcycle. Well........I flipped it over backwards doing a wheelie.

I pooped my pants 2 months ago.

Top Bottom