• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Irsay said in his press conference that he believes that Ballard would’ve taken Will Levis if all three other QB’s were off the board. Probably would’ve happened via a trade down.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Generally speaking I agree with Ballard's overall philosophy since players are something of a crap-shoot anyway. However, I will admit to being disappointed that they passed on taking ND TE Michael Mayer and instead traded down. They ended up with a corner a few picks later, which they also needed, but Mayer always seemed like a real difference maker everytime I saw him play.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Generally speaking I agree with Ballard's overall philosophy since players are something of a crap-shoot anyway. However, I will admit to being disappointed that they passed on taking ND TE Michael Mayer and instead traded down. They ended up with a corner a few picks later, which they also needed, but Mayer always seemed like a real difference maker everytime I saw him play.
    There certainly more to a great football player than RAS. No one ever accused Payton Manning or Tom Brady of being elite athletes. But they were elite quarterbacks. They just had “it”. And I’d take a player who has “it” over a player just because they are outstanding athletes. You can’t teach just any great athlete “it” and “it” is often found in mediocre athletes.

But the problem is, it’s hard to know who has it and who doesn’t. TB was a 6 rounder. Hate him or not, he had “it” undeniably. Brock Purdy is another great example of someone having “it” with no glaringly obvious athleticism or other clues that he’s an elite QB. Mr nobody, 3rd string bench warmer, gets put into a game on bad luck and then puts on an “it” clinic the rest of the season.

So it’s that hard to pick the guys who have it. So the strategy is, pick the high RAS guys and hope at least some of them also have it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom