Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Too funny…

Shawn Smith was given the assignment for the game earlier this week. This immediately sounded an alarm for NFL analyst Warren Sharp, given that Smith tends to favor teams on the road, which happens to be the Chiefs on Sunday.”

“According to Sharp’s data, for games with Smith on the field the home team’s win rate drops from 55.9% to 40.8%. From a betting perspective, the home team goes from covering the spread 50.1% to just 37% of the time.”

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Subject change....
    I heard Mike Chappel on 93.5 while I was picking the kids up from school. He was asked about Irsay's current condition. His tenor and tone on the subject sounded like the start of a eulogy. Not good. He was on with Querry. The audio might be out there somewhere. It didn't sound good coming from Chappy. I guess an embarrassing stint in rehab would be better than final days of congestive heart failure. Irsay has some baffoonery in his mannerisms. But he's been a good steward of the team and a straight shooter about his personal struggles. Best wishes to him and his.

Back to regular programming....
    I'm glad the Ravens choked. I'm indifferent to the Super, er, big game winner. I'm sick of T. Swift! For that reason alone I'll cheer for Purdy and drink beer regardless.

There is still, to my knowledge, zero evidence that the reported medical incident had anything at all to do with a drug OD.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Too funny…

Shawn Smith was given the assignment for the game earlier this week. This immediately sounded an alarm for NFL analyst Warren Sharp, given that Smith tends to favor teams on the road, which happens to be the Chiefs on Sunday.”

“According to Sharp’s data, for games with Smith on the field the home team’s win rate drops from 55.9% to 40.8%. From a betting perspective, the home team goes from covering the spread 50.1% to just 37% of the time.”

In this case, the refs had basically nothing to do with the outcome. The Ravens came out flat on both sides of the ball, and played that way the entire game. They just got out-played.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There is still, to my knowledge, zero evidence that the reported medical incident had anything at all to do with a drug OD.
    To be clear, I'm not suggesting his emergency was an OD. The Carmel police suggested it. I'm more making the point that if one had to choose between the embarrassment of falling off the wagon vs. dying of heart failure, yeah, I'm guessing rehab would be better. I don't know anything about Irsay's condition. But the known data points are not looking positive. I sincerely hope Irsay is shown alive and well again at some point.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    To be clear, I'm not suggesting his emergency was an OD. The Carmel police suggested it. I'm more making the point that if one had to choose between the embarrassment of falling off the wagon vs. dying of heart failure, yeah, I'm guessing rehab would be better. I don't know anything about Irsay's condition. But the known data points are not looking positive. I sincerely hope Irsay is shown alive and well again at some point.
    And their medical qualifications to suggest that are... what, exactly? It is equally plausible that they saw someone who was known to have had prior issues with drugs (painkillers, IIRC), and made an incorrect assumption. That they administered Narcan, which had no effect, seems to suggest that their assumption was incorrect.

As for known data points: Irsay is unwell. That appears to be true. He has looked frail/feeble for some time now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    And their medical qualifications to suggest that are... what, exactly? It is equally plausible that they saw someone who was known to have had prior issues with drugs (painkillers, IIRC), and made an incorrect assumption. That they administered Narcan, which had no effect, seems to suggest that their assumption was incorrect.

As for known data points: Irsay is unwell. That appears to be true. He has looked frail/feeble for some time now.
    This is weird. I think we have the same opinion. The Carmel police listed it as overdose/poisoning. I'm sure they've witnessed plenty of OD's. Maybe they're unhappy about his accusations, IDK. I wish him well. I'll leave it at that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom