Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

A guy I expect to be gone though…

Obviously like any other fan, I'm on the outside looking in. But, his point about Saturday coming in mid season with someone elses coaching staff and limited time to work with those coaches and players really isn't a fair assessment. Any good coach or athlete will tell you the largest part of success comes from who you surround yourself with.

I think he has the goods, just needs a fair opportunity to show it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I thought it interesting that the article makes it a point to bring up the late losses after blown leads as a way to knock Saturday, as if that was somehow worse than all the failed late-game comebacks under Reich. It was a bad season either way, but I fail to see how blowing a lead is worse than never having the lead.

Personally, I'm somewhat disappointed to see that Callahan was eliminated.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought it interesting that the article makes it a point to bring up the late losses after blown leads as a way to knock Saturday, as if that was somehow worse than all the failed late-game comebacks under Reich. It was a bad season either way, but I fail to see how blowing a lead is worse than never having the lead.

Personally, I'm somewhat disappointed to see that Callahan was eliminated.
    I guess it’s because when you have a big lead it’s more probable you’ll win. When you don’t score point’s it’s probable you’ll lose.

If not scoring points is habitual, maybe it’s the team more than the coach. Colts haven’t had a great offense in years. That’s not necessarily coaching. But it could be.

If blowing big leads is habitual, who is that on? I suppose that could be explained by the defense. It’s not like the colt’s defense was awesome. So that’s not necessarily coaching either. But it could be.

If either of those things are due to coaching, it’s probably more on Reich than Saturday though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom