Santa Claus

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    WTH is a "forward-thinking hire" ?

Word is vice chair/owner Carlie Irsay-Gordon has been heavily involved in the process, and some around the league believe she’s open to a forward-thinking hire.”
    From the article I do not get a woke connotation. Not sure how exactly to define it but the Rams hiring Sean McVey was forward thinking to me. Tony Dungy would be backward thinking. Heck, Sean Payton may be backward too…

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Word is vice chair/owner Carlie Irsay-Gordon has been heavily involved in the process, and some around the league believe she’s open to a forward-thinking hire.”
    Willing to take a flier on someone whose creds/resume wouldn't normally scream NFL head coach material? But then they have already shown that at least from an interim coach standpoint. Not sure.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I decided to look up what the great internet believes this to mean.

“Forward-thinking companies are the ones that move ahead. They’re innovative, proactive rather than reactive, and they lead the way in their industry. That’s because they decide what they want to achieve and stay laser-focused on the task.”

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I decided to look up what the great internet believes this to mean.

“Forward-thinking companies are the ones that move ahead. They’re innovative, proactive rather than reactive, and they lead the way in their industry. That’s because they decide what they want to achieve and stay laser-focused on the task.”
    Sounds like a Jeff Saturday hire is still in the mix.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like a Jeff Saturday hire is still in the mix.
    I dont have a dog in this race being a Steelers fan but I was hoping to see him really turn the Colts around.

Maybe 20 or so years ago Bob and Tom used to have Jeff on the show quite often and he always seemed like a decent guy. As much as I respect Coach Cowher, I was hoping Saturday would make him eat his words.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The young-ish offensive minds seem to be the coaches taking over the league. Sean McVay. Kyle Shanahan. Nick Sirianni. Mike McDaniel.

If the Colts want to go that direction, Shane Steichen would be a good pick. The Eagles offensive coordinator.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I dont have a dog in this race being a Steelers fan but I was hoping to see him really turn the Colts around.

Maybe 20 or so years ago Bob and Tom used to have Jeff on the show quite often and he always seemed like a decent guy. As much as I respect Coach Cowher, I was hoping Saturday would make him eat his words.
    I've said it before, I would like to see Saturday get a shot where he has the ability to surround himself in a staff of his choosing.
    As interim he was pretty much stuck with who was there. From my perspective that's a serious handicap considering the nature of being an interim head coach means you are taking over someone else's problems

I wouldn't mind seeing him given say a two year contract and see what happens

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've said it before, I would like to see Saturday get a shot where he has the ability to surround himself in a staff of his choosing.
    As interim he was pretty much stuck with who was there. From my perspective that's a serious handicap considering the nature of being an interim head coach means you are taking over someone else's problems

I wouldn't mind seeing him given say a two year contract and see what happens
    My question is, will good coaches work with him? I think some will. There are some coaches stuck under the aura of a great coach that leave other teams to question if the assistant is good, or is the great coach the reason they look good.

I now think there are some coaches that will understand that if they would join Saturday and improve the offense they will get credit for it, and honestly folks, I cannot imagine it could get much worse…

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My question is, will good coaches work with him? I think some will. There are some coaches stuck under the aura of a great coach that leave other teams to question if the assistant is good, or is the great coach the reason they look good.

I now think there are some coaches that will understand that if they would join Saturday and improve the offense they will get credit for it, and honestly folks, I cannot imagine it could get much worse…
    I do think he could find good coaches to work with him. Especially a OC and DC that would likely be very integral in play calling. If they do that and shine fairly well it would just strengthen their resumes.
    Frankly I think if they can improve enough to make the playoffs, it would be a marked improvement. I see it as a sort of rebuilding year and hopefully the QB situation improves and the O line situation improves. I'm sure that's one area Saturday would take personally if he can't get that fixed.

Certainly can't get much worse, especially if they draft a QB that doesn't turn out to be a franchise player.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And man can that potential franchise QB be fleeting. Many, like me, we’re excited watching Purdy on SF. That he suffered a season ending injury in his seventh or eighth game, that may bother him the rest of his life, shows how fragile this whole thing is…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom