Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This season is officially over. For me, at least. That’s at least 50 hours the next 15 Sundays I can use doing more constructive things. Getting emotionally involved in this team is an absolute waste of time.
    Give it two more weeks to know for sure. If the Colts are 0-3-1 after playing the Chiefs and Titans, hang up the cleats.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Replacing Ballard or Reich?
    Reich should maybe go back to being OC. That's clearly what he wants to do, and after 5 years, he hasn't shown that he can focus/deliver effectively as a Head Coach. His MO is teams that enter games unprepared, with no apparent game strategy designed to address the team being played, in terms of minimizing disadvantages and maximizing advantages. He seems to want to stay in the offensive play-calling weeds, and sometimes gets too cute by half, doing so (see: Wildcat to Hines).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ok I just looked up the score.. I'm confident that Irsay will be inebriated this evening. Some probably won't get much sleep and I bet the atmosphere/tune in their staff meeting tomorrow (or tonight) will not be fun.

Well I had hoped this year would much better than last. I like Reich but it's getting hard to defend him in conversation. But, I still can't blame a coach for poor basic performance by players. Lack of blocking, dropped balls" basic skills failures are on players...like missed field goals lol.
    It wasn't the players' fault that the team decided not to practice Friday.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Reich should maybe go back to being OC. That's clearly what he wants to do, and after 5 years, he hasn't shown that he can focus/deliver effectively as a Head Coach. His MO is teams that enter games unprepared, with no apparent game strategy designed to address the team being played, in terms of minimizing disadvantages and maximizing advantages. He seems to want to stay in the offensive play-calling weeds, and sometimes gets too cute by half, doing so (see: Wildcat to Hines).
    And he seems unable to make adjustments during the game…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, I'm sure it wasn't. But, I don't think having practice on Friday would have made a hill of beans difference. The players are struggling to execute the basic skills function of their respective positions.
    So you either have to think the players suck and would be terrible on other teams too.

OR

The coaching staff is failing to properly prepare then for the games.

Which is it?

I believe that the majority of Colts players would be on other teams rosters. It the coaching. I believe BB could take this team to a SB…

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    So you either have to think the players suck and would be terrible on other teams too.

OR

Which is it?

I believe that the majority of Colts players would be on other teams rosters. It the coaching. I believe BB could take this team to a SB…
    I have been a fan of Reich, but I think it's time for him to go. I like the guy, but something just isn't working. Even Carson Wentz is looking pretty decent in Washington.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

OR

Which is it?

I don't think it's a one or the other problem, but a mix of both failing.
    I will start with Reich. As head coach it's ultimately his responsibility to have the team prepared for individual nuances for each team and to have a tailored game plan for each game. IMHO, he needs to let his OC/DC's take over play calling duties and focus on the big picture of players and time management etc.

The players, yes I think if they weren't on the Colts roster they would be on someone else's.
    But, a coach can only push a player so much. If a player isn't doing their job to get themselves prepared for a game there's nothing a coach can do about that. They have to be studying film, taking care of the aches, pains and minor injuries. They have to be putting in 100% focus and breaking away from their own playing tendencies. By that, I'm talking about "tells" that they may have in anticipation of certain play types. Receivers have been dropping balls like they have skillets in their hands. You can't put that on a coach. That's all on the receiver and the person throwing the ball. Ball placement, catching the ball first then pulling it in. The "chemistry" or a QB/receiver being in sync with each other is about repetition at speed. They don't need the coach to do that.

The coaching staff has to find a way to break a cycle of bad play to rally the team and pull them out of the mud so to speak (But, that's also the responsibility of the team captains). This is one reason I think Reich needs to hand off the play calling duties. He need sto focus on keeping the team focused and working in harmony, identify when a player is struggling and address it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

OR

Which is it?

[Cries in Jerry Hugues]

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I don't think it's a one or the other problem, but a mix of both failing.
    I will start with Reich. As head coach it's ultimately his responsibility to have the team prepared for individual nuances for each team and to have a tailored game plan for each game. IMHO, he needs to let his OC/DC's take over play calling duties and focus on the big picture of players and time management etc.

The players, yes I think if they weren't on the Colts roster they would be on someone else's.
    But, a coach can only push a player so much. If a player isn't doing their job to get themselves prepared for a game there's nothing a coach can do about that. They have to be studying film, taking care of the aches, pains and minor injuries. They have to be putting in 100% focus and breaking away from their own playing tendencies. By that, I'm talking about "tells" that they may have in anticipation of certain play types. Receivers have been dropping balls like they have skillets in their hands. You can't put that on a coach. That's all on the receiver and the person throwing the ball. Ball placement, catching the ball first then pulling it in. The "chemistry" or a QB/receiver being in sync with each other is about repetition at speed. They don't need the coach to do that.

The coaching staff has to find a way to break a cycle of bad play to rally the team and pull them out of the mud so to speak (But, that's also the responsibility of the team captains). This is one reason I think Reich needs to hand off the play calling duties. He need sto focus on keeping the team focused and working in harmony, identify when a player is struggling and address it.
    I see what you are saying, but this has been going on for too long. When you have these problems for a game or two it is usually a player problem, but when it goes on for years it becomes more of a coaching/leadership problem. Whatever the problem is, I just hope they get it figured out so we can start having more enjoyable conversations on this thread. LOL.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Glad I quit watching when they stated kneeling/going woke. Getting a boat load done on the weekends. And both the Mrs. and myself were die hard fans for different teams, and now neither can even name the qb on those team. Don’t miss it a bit. Both our dads were WWII vets.

Reactions: oze

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Genuinely hilarious how many people continually post in this thread that all say the same thing.

“I don’t care about football. Football is for woke losers. Just wanted to pop in and make sure everybody here is totally aware of how much I don’t care. Have fun wasting your time guys. I’ll be over here not caring. Just to recap: football is stupid and I don’t care about it.”

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Genuinely hilarious how many people continually post in this thread that all say the same thing.

“I don’t care about football. Football is for woke losers. Just wanted to pop in and make sure everybody here is totally aware of how much I don’t care. Have fun wasting your time guys. I’ll be over here not caring. Just to recap: football is stupid and I don’t care about it.”
    They're like vegans... Just want to make sure everyone knows how virtuous they are. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

It's the same as if I were to go into the CZ or SIG threads and let everyone know that their choice of firearms sucks (not saying that - just an example).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    From Peter King:

Jacksonville is 5-30 since the start of the 2020 season…0-17 on the road.

Highlights (or, in the case of the Colts, lowlights) in that 35-game Jaguars span:

• While the Jags are 5-30 since opening day 2020, Indy is 20-14-1.
    • Since opening day 2020, Jags are 3-2 against Indianapolis, 2-28 against everyone else.
    • Jags QBs (Minshew, Lawrence) in the three wins over the Colts: seven TD passes, zero interceptions, 127.2 rating.
    • Colts QBs (Rivers, Wentz, Ryan) in the three losses: two touchdown passes, six interceptions, 68.9 rating.
    • On the day of the last Colts’ victory over the Jaguars in Jacksonville, Odell Beckham Jr., made the catch of his life, the one-hander in the end zone on Sunday Night Football for the Giants that made him famous.
    Ain’t players in my book…

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Glad I quit watching when they stated kneeling/going woke. Getting a boat load done on the weekends. And both the Mrs. and myself were die hard fans for different teams, and now neither can even name the qb on those team. Don’t miss it a bit. Both our dads were WWII vets.
    Many of us understand but can separate the political bs from the entertainment. Thanks for sharing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom