• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe Ballard thought he could assemble a great football team that could be run by a game manager type (like those in the link) and skip all the risk of constantly using resources to try to find a QB that would make it. it did not work…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Going off-track and revisiting the Andrew Luck retirement, I just realized something. If he had retired in 2017 when he got hurt, we would have known that we needed a QB in the 2018 draft. We drafted Quinton Nelson in that draft to protect Luck, not knowing we would soon be needing a QB. The next player selected after Nelson was Josh Allen!
    I had never seen this point put together like this prior to your post. It has really made me even more disappointed in how Luck handled the situation.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I had never seen this point put together like this prior to your post. It has really made me even more disappointed in how Luck handled the situation.

A huge article came out recently on Andrew Luck. First time he has spoken on the record about everything.

He said the timing of his retirement was the biggest regret of his life. Looking back he said he should have done it after the season.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A huge article came out recently on Andrew Luck. First time he has spoken on the record about everything.

He said the timing of his retirement was the biggest regret of his life. Looking back he said he should have done it after the season.
    I do appreciate that he recognizes this and regrets it. I’m sure it tarnished his reputation with many fans.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m sure it tarnished his reputation with many fans.

Which is unfortunate really. He was an amazing quarterback who did a lot of awesome things for the team and the city.

He basically said he retired because he didn’t like who he was when he 100% committed to football.

It’s a fascinating story to me. He didn’t want to sacrifice his entire life to becoming the goat. He had all the talent in the world but walked away to maintain his humanity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When Luck retired the Colts lost their franchise QB with no plan in place to replace him. That put them 2-3 years behind for sure. How are the Patriots doing theses days? What about the Rams with Stafford injured. Steelers without Big Ben? I'm not sure any one person is to blame but Irsay may be too patient.

Or foolish. Carson Wentz was supposed to be the guy. He wasn't. Then Matt Ryan was supposed to be the guy. He isn't. I think they'll have to figure out how to get a high draft position and go get a QB.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Or foolish. Carson Wentz was supposed to be the guy. He wasn't. Then Matt Ryan was supposed to be the guy. He isn't. I think they'll have to figure out how to get a high draft position and go get a QB.
    I don't think Ryan was ever supposed to be the guy. He was a stop gap like Rivers. Both are/were at the end of their careers.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

As I’ve said before, Ballard’s philosophy is to NOT give up a bunch of draft capital and take a big risk on a rookie QB. That’s the vision that he sold to Irsay.

We’ll probably be picking in the 8-12 range. I honestly think there is a significantly higher probability of him trading down and getting more picks then him staying where he is or trading up.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It can be worse... I'm watching the Baltimore - Pittsburgh game. Mitch Trubisky has come in for an injured Kenny Pickett. He has thrown 3 interceptions in just 4 possessions!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom