• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I'm ok with that trade. I don't think the Colts are going to get wrapped up in wheeling and dealing if they wanted someone with that first round pick. Having multiple picks in the early rounds seems smart... unless you have a high 1st rounder.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm not going to question Ballard's crystal ball at this point.
    I figure the player he had wanted or projected to be available isn't there or who he wants he thinks will be available later.
    He's done great the last 2 years so let's see how it works out.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm not going to question Ballard's crystal ball at this point.
    I figure the player he had wanted or projected to be available isn't there or who he wants he thinks will be available later.
    He's done great the last 2 years so let's see how it works out.

https://fox59.com/2019/04/25/colts-trade-first-round-draft-pick-for-two-second-rounders/

I'm glad Colts made the trade. My Redskins got a much needed edge rusher to compliment a pair of big, young D-tackles.

I'm cautiously optimistic about their selection of Dwayne Haskins at QB too. I thought he might not make it to 15.

I know it's just one round, but the Skins are making moves that a real team would make. It's a big change from the clown show they usually are.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Think what you want of Mel Kiper, but his only job has been evaluating the draft since the 80’s. He only gave one A rating this year, and it was to the Colts. There’s a lot of respect around the league for what Ballard and Co are doing.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Think what you want of Mel Kiper, but his only job has been evaluating the draft since the 80’s. He only gave one A rating this year, and it was to the Colts. There’s a lot of respect around the league for what Ballard and Co are doing.

I wish they could have come away with another DT. But I wasn't sure about last year's draft either. Ballard know what he's doing, even if he and I aren't always on the same page.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How many of Kiper's picks pan out? I looked into him a decade ago and he was wrong on every single suggested pick year after year. I've paid him no attention at all since then.

People that are good at evaluating talent have jobs working for successful teams that consistently put good players on the field. Kiper has never worked for one of those teams afaik.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    How many of Kiper's picks pan out? I looked into him a decade ago and he was wrong on every single suggested pick year after year. I've paid him no attention at all since then.

People that are good at evaluating talent have jobs working for successful teams that consistently put good players on the field. Kiper has never worked for one of those teams afaik.

He may not want the travel schedule that pro scouts have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom