• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The number of people who are OK with no due process because ORANGE MAN BAD! scares the CRAP out of me.
    Yeah. We’ve always had crack pots and vigilante types. But even with our political opponents we always had a certain compact on the rule of law. So even our opponents could tamp down those crack pots. It seems increasingly the crack pots are in charge now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Nah. I draw the line at threats of physical violence.
    Meh. People need to warned about the potential consequences of their actions.

Do we have precedence in our nation's history for excluding a candidate for President based on feelings? Without adjudication, trial and conviction?

We are creeping towards the fouth box...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This is one angle

Interesting article.

Most removed from office right after the Civil War. One guy in 1919 who was actually convicted of espionage, but later got it overturned and served in Congress. And one guy convicted of trespass (yes...trespass) in 2022.

None of them Presidents, of course.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Interesting article.

Most removed from office right after the Civil War. One guy in 1919 who was actually convicted of espionage, but later got it overturned and served in Congress. And one guy convicted of trespass (yes...trespass) in 2022.

None of them Presidents, of course.

And, I'm trying to remember when Trump was convicted of insurrection.
    Or charged with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Alan Dershowitz states that the 14th amendment is not for a State Court to decide.
    It is Federal.

He states, do you REALLY think the post Civil War States would have given the Southern States the ability to decide?

Also, it applied to Senators and Representatives.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nah. I draw the line at threats of physical violence.

You're going to have a rough time as things continue to unfold, then.

I guess you're the type that welcomes in a home intruder and makes them a sandwich. This situation is more dire than someone breaking into your house, this is someone attempting to take over the country.

I don't know how it can be spelled out in a more obvious way than someone literally removing the opposition candidate from the vote. A candidate largely believed to have the polling to win the election.

Tell me, when you can no longer vote your way out of a situation, what option is left?

Last edited:

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It boggles my mind that we have the democrats ready and willing to do absolutely anything to maintain power yet our "allies" the republicans sit on their hands playing nice.

Why are the U.S. Marshalls not taking Hunter in to custody? It's time to stop playing nice, the lovely thing is our side doesn't even have to break the law, all they have to do is enforce it and they could bring the left to its knees. Unfortunately precious few of them have the balls and they'll have accomplished dick aside from more press conferences and more hearings where no one answers a question come November. I'll wait here for them to prove me wrong.

Been listening to them whine about the FBI in hearings for months now. I got an idea, cut their budget. Do something FFS.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    It boggles my mind that we have the democrats ready and willing to do absolutely anything to maintain power yet our "allies" the republicans sit on their hands playing nice.

Why are the U.S. Marshalls not taking Hunter in to custody? It's time to stop playing nice, the lovely thing is our side doesn't even have to break the law, all they have to do is enforce it and they could bring the left to its knees. Unfortunately precious few of them have the balls and they'll have accomplished dick aside from more press conferences and more hearings where no one answers a question come November. I'll wait here for them to prove me wrong.
    It's my belief that Dems and Republicans are just opposite side of the same rear end. It's all political theater just to maintain the status quo. Them at the top and we the people their servants.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I don't disagree with you but as I do with the covid ********, I prefer to maintain a 30,000' view on as much as I can and not get drug down into the weeds where perspective gets skewed.

It was clear to me extremely early on that Covid was not being reported nor handled appropriately and there was a clear effort to create as much hysteria as possible. It was just as clear to me early on that Trump was a threat to the establishment, not because he's a foul mouthed blowhard who can't allow even the slightest ding in his ego but because he wasn't going to be easily manipulated by money. He wasn't impressed nor threatened by the big money actually running the country so they've pulled out all the stops.

Honestly I cannot understand how anyone can consider what all has been attempted to de-platform this man over the past decade and maintain even the slightest level of respect for the establishment in this country. Our government and country are as corrupt as any that has ever existed on this planet. Money and power are all that matters, we're allowed what freedoms are convenient now. Apparently being able to vote for someone who has already held the office is a bridge too far when it comes to our "freedoms" so they're going to fix that now. I'll be glad when it's over so we can go back to living under the illusion of freedom.
    You nailed that Phylo, you roam around thinking you’re alone and after reading that, there are probably more of us than them but get no attention. I guess it isn’t bad enough yet. I remember when he ran the first time he wasn’t my guy, but by the time primaries get to Indiana we have to pick over the crumbs. I told my daughter who was old enough to vote that I can think of a billion reasons he doesn’t need to run but a billion reasons he can’t be paid off.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Been listening to them whine about the FBI in hearings for months now. I got an idea, cut their budget. Do something FFS.
    It's not gonna happen.

There is no political action at the national level that is going to happen.

If we can't start doing it at the local level nothin is going to change.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's my belief that Dems and Republicans are just opposite side of the same rear end. It's all political theater just to maintain the status quo. Them at the top and we the people their servants.
    One thing that I’ve noticed. Republican establishment doesn’t mind playing the opposing party. All the issues Republican voters care about. They don’t care. They send you junk mail telling you how hard they’re working for the things you care about. Then make back room deals with the people standing against what you care about. That doesn’t sound like allies to me. That sounds more like grifters.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    One thing that I’ve noticed. Republican establishment doesn’t mind playing the opposing party. All the issues Republican voters care about. They don’t care. They send you junk mail telling you how hard they’re working for the things you care about. Then make back room deals with the people standing against what you care about. That doesn’t sound like allies to me. That sounds more like grifters.
    Agreed which is why I shouldn't be restricted to voting only for someone backed by one of the corrupt organizations.

Top Bottom