• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Not sure if I should post this here or over at Good, Bad and Ugly in Marketplace. Since that area doesn't seem to have a lot of traffic, I'd post it here. If Mod thinks that I post it in the wrong place, please help me move...

Like to share my experience with CMMG while it's still fresh. I placed an order on the 5th of this month from CMMG web site, for an M4 profile 22 upper with SS bolt, 2 25rd long skin mags, and a BHOA. They didn't send me any email update, didn't call to let me know my order would be perpetually in the "Processing" status, but they charged my credit card. A week after I placed the order I called them. The lady on the phone said the M4 profile upper was out of stock. It'd be near the end of month that they'd have it in stock again. I said okay and waited...

Call them again today like 10 minutes ago, figured it's getting closer to the end of month and maybe they got their stock refill earlier. The lady who answered the phone said, it'd be December the 14th, at the latest, that they'd ship the package. Hearing that it was delayed for another two weeks, I griped, said that you guys charged my card and kept on delaying the shipping date. She said your card was charged? I said yes. She asked me to hold on. Came back in a minute and said, you would receive your order Friday of next week. That means November the 30th (so was the M4 upper out of stock, or in?)...

Feels like they run their business like clockwork, broken clock that is. I like the features of their 22 conversion upper like the bolt hold open, working forward assist, etc. And since my lower is a CMMG too, I chose them again. Didn't expect the order "Processing" to be processed like this...

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Hopefully it works out soon.
    There's going to be more of that go on as the panic buying ramps up.
    You're probably like a bunch of us that from time to time decide to buy something and now we have the price/availabilty/backlog crap to contend with.
    This is actually a good time to just lay low and ride it out.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That's too bad about the yanking around. I always hate that. On a positive note, my CMMG .22LR upper is all I was hoping for when I bought it, so I think you'll be happy with your purchase once it shows up.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    You may find they're pushing you to the front of a line because your card was charged. In that case, you may be glad they did.
    I wouldn't throw them under the bus unless I knew the whole story.

All that said, I personally don't like anyone charging me anything until my goods are shipped, unless it's a down payment for work scheduled or in progress with a clear delivery date.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    You may find they're pushing you to the front of a line because your card was charged. In that case, you may be glad they did.
    I wouldn't throw them under the bus unless I knew the whole story.

All that said, I personally don't like anyone charging me anything until my goods are shipped, unless it's a down payment for work scheduled or in progress with a clear delivery date.

Yup, that what the lady said, when I asked her "So the upper is actually in stock now?". She didn't exactly say yes or no (kinda like those politicians), but said something like I'm the first in line for shipping. I just find their answer given to the customers about their in-stock status, flip flop at will depends on whether the customer has paid or not, kind of ... interesting :rolleyes:

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's too bad about the yanking around. I always hate that. On a positive note, my CMMG .22LR upper is all I was hoping for when I bought it, so I think you'll be happy with your purchase once it shows up.

Thanks, I certainly hope so. My CMMG 14.5" carbine has never given me any issue. Other than a heavy trigger (not sure if ARs are supposed to have heavy triggers, my carbine has heavier trigger than my 10/22), it's all good...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As with many on line businesses they want the money ASAP and you will get the parts and pieces when they get them. If I ever have this experience I try to Cancel and move on as many others offer the same parts. In your case it is understandable to want specifics and wait for the product you desire. For them to pull the money from your card without having the product to ship is in my mind a devious practice.

Hope it works out well for you.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Only thing I've bought directly from CMMGwas my .300 blk barrel. Similar story, the barrel was in but the gas block wasn't available. It took a few weeks to get it all together. While I was ticked about it at the time, I basically forgot about it because in the end, it shoots great and all is well.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Online merchants generally don't, by policy, charge you before they ship.

Last edited:

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I ordered a .556 upper from PSA about a month ago. When I received my credit card statement, I discovered that they had charged me before shipping. I decided to give them a week before contacting them about it due to the great service I have received from them in the past. The day I was going to call them, I received my conformation email that my upper was on the way. I don't like getting charged before the order is sent but I guess it worked out.

I also want to say that I have a CMMG .22 upper and cannot be more pleased with it. I love having a .22 that matches my .556 perfectly. I did buy mine at a local shop so I cannot comment on the service at CMMG. They do make a great product and mine has been well used:)

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    UPDATE: It's last day of November, no upper at my door step yet, and my order status online is still saying "Processing". Call CMMG the third time in a month, and asked more management/VP to complain. A lady in charge in the retail sales answered. Explained her the situation, she confirmed that my order hadn't been shipped yet. She apologized and said she'd go and check if she could make some arrangement. Came back and said she was able to switch some order around, and my order would be out the door this afternoon. Sounds like what I was told last week. I thanked her and hung up. We'll see if this time they got their acts together...

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Final update: They kept their words this time. The upper arrived yesterday (the 3rd), the complete order. Everything look fine, good fit and finish. I'll see if I get to shoot it this weekend, and post some feedback on how it runs...

Top Bottom