• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Several years ago, there was an occasional (monthly almost) little swap meet in a parking lot across from Providence High School on Saturdays. Does anyone know about this, who organized them and if they still hold them with warm months coming up?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    They had one last week end, got a book about my former company, ACL, and an 8th AF banner, there were guns, and uniforms, neat little show. One guy had a Taurus PT99, but we couldn't make a trade, he wanted cash, I wanted to trade... I follow a guy who runs it, so Tommy, or anyone PM me, and I'll tell you his name, he posts on FB when they are having the show

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    They had one last week end, got a book about my former company, ACL, and an 8th AF banner, there were guns, and uniforms, neat little show. One guy had a Taurus PT99, but we couldn't make a trade, he wanted cash, I wanted to trade... I follow a guy who runs it, so Tommy, or anyone PM me, and I'll tell you his name, he posts on FB when they are having the show
    That figures I would have missed it! I will PM you so I can get the name to follow on FB for the next one.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    How big of a thing is this? Worth a couple hr drive?
    Usually 4 or 5 tables, just some military uniforms and medals, and a few guns, memorabilia and such. If you were to find the ONE thing you’ve been wanting, then it might be worth the drive…. I found these.

Attachments

• IMG_4817.jpeg
      IMG_4817.jpeg
      405.1 KB · Views: 9
    • IMG_4808.jpeg
      IMG_4808.jpeg
      447.4 KB · Views: 9

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I'll agree with MrSmitty, it's not big but I've managed to find a jewel or two. One was a beat up old bayonet I bought because it looked neat probably 3 or 4 years ago. Turns out to have been a model 1913 British bayonet repurposed for the US after they entered into WWI in 1917. It fits my trench gun project perfectly and saved me from hunting down a reasonably priced (HA!) M1917 bayonet. Just ordered a pair of grips off ebay and it will work perfect for my project.

Found some ammo for one of my son's odd rifles there and passed on a Jungle Carbine that I wish I hadn't because it was gone the next month when I had the cash. It was priced good too, I still kick myself for that one. I always bring extra cash with me to things like this now, lesson learned.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    The last time I went there was a couple of cool things that I picked up. They had stopped them for a while because one of the guys that put it on died. I'm not on Facebook so I didn't know they had started them up again. That's great to hear. For you guys that are on Facebook and see the dates they have them maybe post here?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The last time I went there was a couple of cool things that I picked up. They had stopped them for a while because one of the guys that put it on died. I'm not on Facebook so I didn't know they had started them up again. That's great to hear. For you guys that are on Facebook and see the dates they have them maybe post here?
    littletommy said the next one is tentative for May 11.

Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    I'm one of the guys who puts it on. Me and another guy named Craig. No one died. With my old work schedule, I rarely had the right weekend off, so we just kept putting it off waiting on my schedule and the weather to both align. We're going to try to have them every month on the second Saturday. That all hinges on the weather since it's outside.

Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    I'll agree with MrSmitty, it's not big but I've managed to find a jewel or two. One was a beat up old bayonet I bought because it looked neat probably 3 or 4 years ago. Turns out to have been a model 1913 British bayonet repurposed for the US after they entered into WWI in 1917. It fits my trench gun project perfectly and saved me from hunting down a reasonably priced (HA!) M1917 bayonet. Just ordered a pair of grips off ebay and it will work perfect for my project.

Found some ammo for one of my son's odd rifles there and passed on a Jungle Carbine that I wish I hadn't because it was gone the next month when I had the cash. It was priced good too, I still kick myself for that one. I always bring extra cash with me to things like this now, lesson learned.
    One thing I always tell people is that there's always something at our show that you won't find anywhere else. We all collect and sell different stuff too, so there's not a bunch of the same stuff across everyone's tables.

Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    No problem. His wife is a friend of my wife. I’ve been wanting to get him over here to metal detect my place and my daughters.

Craig sold his metal detector last year. I bought it. We've been metal detecting together for about 10 years. It was sad to see him sell it. His knees have gotten so bad though, so I get it.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I'm one of the guys who puts it on. Me and another guy named Craig. No one died. With my old work schedule, I rarely had the right weekend off, so we just kept putting it off waiting on my schedule and the weather to both align. We're going to try to have them every month on the second Saturday. That all hinges on the weather since it's outside.
    Well I'm glad that's the case! I was told that someone died and that's why there hadn't been put on for a while. That's awesome you guys have continued it I'm not on Facebook so I don't see the announcement for it. Thanks for the heads up!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    One thing I always tell people is that there's always something at our show that you won't find anywhere else. We all collect and sell different stuff too, so there's not a bunch of the same stuff across everyone's tables.

It would be nice to get a text when there's going to be a show...Just sayin'.....

I don't get out much anymore but I sure love that show.......

Top Bottom