• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Ok, so I looked up the Ohio gun laws, and it seems a bunch of gobbly-gook to these untrained eyes.
    I know Ohio is a reciprocity state, but can someone in the know fill me in on the following:
    1: Do private gun free zones hold the force of law in Ohio or Cleveland.
    2: Anything out of the ordinary in Cleveland that could get me in trouble with the law?

Thanks,
    Johnny C

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Ohio is now a CC state, so no worry on the LTCH anyway
    Ohio “permitless carry” only applies to those 21 and older. (OH code 2923.111)

The age is 18 IF you have a license from another state. So, it may matter if one is 18, 19, or 20 yrs old.

Per handgunlaw.us, OH has state preemption, so in theory, there shouldn’t be anything “special” about Cleveland.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I travel to OH frequently. I cant remember the last time I saw one of their force of law signs. Literally cant. So I wouldnt worry about it.

If you see one of these displayed prominently, disarm or turn around. This exact sign must be prominently displayed for you to get into trouble.

F7111.png

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I travel to OH frequently. I cant remember the last time I saw one of their force of law signs. Literally cant. So I wouldnt worry about it.

If you see one of these displayed prominently, disarm or turn around. This exact sign must be prominently displayed for you to get into trouble.

F7111.png
    No blued revolvers?

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    If you have a knife clipped to your pocket and asked you respond no it is a tool. A knife is a weapon but if a tool is not a weapon. This is what my brother who lives in Ohio tells me. I own live stock an do use it as a tool also.

Top Bottom