• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    As for a camping toilet goes, I feel it depends on how many people and frequency of use. When we overland or camp off grid, we use the below toilet (PETT). It folds down nice, super sturdy/stable, and they make bags that seal and you can throw away. Not the cheapest but def not expensive like some others. BD649C51-EED3-4267-8B0F-E7A8C7E37E34.jpeg
    As for the shower, similar questions. I find for guys weekends or more remote camping (and depending on time of year), we like the black bags that hang and are heated by the sun. You get wet, suds up, and then rinse to conserve water. It may be a little too “roughing it” for some but it’s old faithful for us.

If you want a little nicer then the rinse kits are sweet. They work great for rinsing off muddy kids, dogs, sandy feet, washing dishes, and showering. 726CDBEE-8BC9-4AFA-8DD3-A42496F7557F.jpeg
    If you want the best and all the amenities, I’d go with the Joolca shower set up. System works great, allows for nonstop hot water so long as you have propane and a hose, has great pressure, etc. If you get the kit that includes the shower tent, it’s a two room tent. One side is for showering and the other for changing. Super nice to put toilet in the dry side so it’s a one stop place. Also provides a lot of room so even people over 6’ and broader will have plenty of room. Tent and system also has a bunch of other great features. 6C7A3C61-1D5C-41F5-B4AC-0A12A60C8A23.jpeg 4145E126-2DB4-4A7C-A4B0-B0F3D463B7DC.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is the shower we have used. It with a 5 gallon bucket of water is amazing. This was on one of our superior national forest trips(second one). One set of batteries and 2 1lb propane tanks lasted more than two weeks with every other day use for 2 people. The warmer your water starts out the less propane you will need(ours was barely 50f before heating to 100f). You will need a 5 gallon bucket as well,which is actually convenient as you can store the zodi and anything you need for your shower in it. Side note the thing is designed to be used and abused. The heating element and burner are well protected and rugged. It will last you quite awhile.

We also had a shower tent with a floor. The floor being something you want unless you like standing in mud while showering. Make sure the terrain drains the floor away from the shower entrance. The ex had a piece of outdoor carpet she set up outside of the shower(and another in front of our tent).

A toilet really is based on location. If you are somewhere you can dig grab a folding one with no bottom. Dig a hole a few feet deep,place over the hole. Shovel in a tiny bit of dirt after each use(my ex appreciated it,I could have done without it).

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Bucket + toilet seat + trash bag + kitty litter.

View attachment 254231

Shower? What shower? I'm in the field... baby wipes, or a stream.
    Pretty fancy for a guy “in the field” just saying lol this is not for me I will squat in the woods and use natural water for a quick wash. I want my wife to come with then I get to go more therefore looking for some comforts to keep her coming back for more.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’ll just throw out there the hotness of what was the overlanding world (or was a few years ago); they make a tank, usually aluminum, painted black, that bolts to your bed rack for your tent (you do have a tent on your bed rack of course?) , this tank is 6ish” diameter and 5ish feet long, has a hose hookup for shower head, etc, and an “in” air compressor hookup to connect to your ARB Twin under hood mounted air compressor (don’t tell me you don’t have that!)

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So we use the pop up tent with five gallon bucket and toilet seat. Works really well, but you definitely aren’t gonna be sitting on that thing for a really long time checking email. Buy the best poop bags you can find for it that matters just as much as anything. For cleaning we just use the privacy wipes on our selves and throw some deodorant on, remember you are camping.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I’ll just throw out there the hotness of what was the overlanding world (or was a few years ago); they make a tank, usually aluminum, painted black, that bolts to your bed rack for your tent (you do have a tent on your bed rack of course?) , this tank is 6ish” diameter and 5ish feet long, has a hose hookup for shower head, etc, and an “in” air compressor hookup to connect to your ARB Twin under hood mounted air compressor (don’t tell me you don’t have that!)

I saw a guy with a simple tank setup once out bird hunting. He had a chunk of 6” pvc Bolted down across the front of bed of his truck. Like where A tool box would sit. Had a cap on each end and a clean out tee in the middle. drivers side cap had a 1/2 or 3/4” FIP near the bottom and a simple 1/4 turn hose spigot threaded into that. He’d open up the clean out cap and fill it with water than he could use the hose tap to get water for his hunting dogs. It easily held 4-6 gallons of water, more than enough for a weekend for the dogs. You could do something similar and pain it black and add a fitting to pump air into it.

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    Google "Man helps San Francisco homeless use the bathroom". I copied his list of supplies for our camping toilet and it has worked great for several years. I was able to get everything on Amazon. It was a small tent, just wide enough for someone to sit in but only about 5' tall. LugALoo, which is a bucket with toilet bowl seat and snap shut lid. Scented trash bags and kitty litter. When your done, and the bucket is empty, you toss it all into the empty bucket and snap the lid shut. It's pretty ingenious and, I think, cost under $100 in total.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Gathering parts now between Amazon and Home Depot. So far I got the 2 chamber shower/bathroom tent and a 110v water heater :laugh: :dunno: Am I making something simple a little difficult….. yes. Will it be nice having a private hot shower….. yes. Waiting on fittings and I need to source the 7g toilet also

Top Bottom