• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Not true. House passed it in 2017 and McCain sunk it in the senate, while Trump begged the senate to pass it…
    I wasn't aware of this, or otherwise had forgotten it. Was it a full repeal like they voted on repetitiously under O', or was it a lesser version? Regardless, the R's playbook was phony appeasement for the disgruntled while the bogus "Affordable" care act carried on with ever-increasing costs. A bill that included a large cutout for the elected and their staffers. If only these SOB's had to actually live under the same laws they straddle us with.....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wasn't aware of this, or otherwise had forgotten it. Was it a full repeal like they voted on repetitiously under O', or was it a lesser version? Regardless, the R's playbook was phony appeasement for the disgruntled while the bogus "Affordable" care act carried on with ever-increasing costs. A bill that included a large cutout for the elected and their staffers. If only these SOB's had to actually live under the same laws they straddle us with.....
    The fact is, they never had a filibuster proof majority.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

On this topic, it appears to me obummercare cannot be repealed. The consolidations of practice’s that were sold to the conglomerate hospital systems by the doctors, the making of most doctors into employees, the records conversions, and a host of other things can never be put back in the tube…

So frustrating to see commercials from my insurer saying you can get insurance through them for $10 a month, yep freeloaders can get $10 a month insurance, working folks pay $1750 a month for the same policies, the $10 policy may even be better…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    On this topic, it appears to me obummercare cannot be repealed. The consolidations of practice’s that were sold to the conglomerate hospital systems by the doctors, the making of most doctors into employees, the records conversions, and a host of other things can never be put back in the tube…

So frustrating to see commercials from my insurer saying you can get insurance through them for $10 a month, yep freeloaders can get $10 a month insurance, working folks pay $1750 a month for the same policies, the $10 policy may even be better…

The Central State's thumb needs to be removed from commerce. I see nothing in the Constitution which authorizes their meddling for other than interstate commerce. Claiming any interstate commerce clause authority over health Care is a stretch beyond belief.

Preamble to the Bill of Rights, 10th Amendment, 9th Amendment! It should all be found unconstitutional.

Non-citizens, in other words Giant healthcare corporations, have no business interacting with servants of the people. The fact they helped write Obamacare should be considered somewhere between subversion and bribery.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

So it wasn't just him. He was just the one that was supposedly waffling and said no.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So it wasn't just him. He was just the one that was supposedly waffling and said no.
    He was the final vote needed and seemed to indicate he would vote yea, but he voted nay. I suppose if one wanted to play semantic games you could equally blame any nay vote from either party but he was the last batter at the plate and he struck out for passing that bill…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He was the final vote needed and seemed to indicate he would vote yea, but he voted nay. I suppose if one wanted to play semantic games you could equally blame any nay vote from either party but he was the last batter at the plate and he struck out for passing that bill…
    It isn't semantics. You said he single handedly stopped it. There were at least two other Rs that were against it. That means those three stopped it, not just McCain.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It isn't semantics. You said he single handedly stopped it. There were at least two other Rs that were against it. That means those three stopped it, not just McCain.
    They knew who they didn’t have, they thought they had McCain‘s vote. He single-handedly stopped it, Technically since it was just one vote from passage anyone that did not vote for it single-handedly stooped it with their single vote…

“Asked whether he was supportive of the bill, McCain answered with a grin: “Yes. You think I wouldn’t be?”

“If it’s not through regular order, then it’s a mistake. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t vote for it,” McCain said. Pressed on whether he could support the plan if it did not go through committee, he replied: “Yeah. but it’s wrong. Doesn’t make it right to do that.”

“McCain seemed to be strongly leaning in favor of the bill then, an explosive development given that he was the surprise “no” this summer. His office then put out a statement saying he preferred a bipartisan approach and needed to study the bill further.”

“The perceived openness from McCain accelerated Graham and Cassidy’s plans.”

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

I wonder how many of these folks voted for the ****cago mayor and for obiden.
    And this is just a tiny portion of the illegals that have been transported to Chicago... imagine if it was anywhere near the magnitude of the border towns.

Top Bottom