• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Write in candidates are a diversion not a viable choice in an election. So hypothetically, in this case, we have a NRA rated B candidate, a NRA F rated candidate on the ballot, and a write in NRA A rated candidate, the latter has about a 1% chance of winning from the research I have seen on the topic. That is not a viable candidate, heck, the write in could not even win the primary. It is very possible that the write in will siphon off enough votes the F rated candidate can win.

That is creating a win for the worst possible candidate to spite a B rated candidate, not an outcome I want to live with. We must defeat those B rated candidates in the primaries, not elect F rated to prove a point. This is not school yard stuff…
    Maybe you should have had this discussion with Young to convince him that he needed to vote in a manner that made him an A rated NRA candidate so this election wouldn’t be as tight as it is. His voting record across the board has created this issue.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Interesting point made by Tim Pool here, around the 15:00 mark.

He discusses the stabilization of the US dollar and the drop of Canadian and Mexican dollars to reach parity, and the subsequent trade-without-borders paradigm that Morris touched on in the previous video. What’s interesting about both is that they come from very different sources but they brush against the same topic of regional control and the destruction of sovereign borders. I’m not a fan of coincidence.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe you should have had this discussion with Young to convince him that he needed to vote in a manner that made him an A rated NRA candidate so this election wouldn’t be as tight as it is. His voting record across the board has created this issue.
    Maybe you should get off your duff and nominate who you want, and fund that candidate to office. Not my fault the whiners here failed to accomplish the mission. I did my part, I worked to get other voters to vote for Young‘s competition and voted so in the primary. Now I will vote for the most viable candidate to further the issues I hold dear.

Is it perfect? No. But it is the best I can vote for…

Anything else is…. (Don’t want to be kicked out of here.)

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've stayed out of that one.

Yeah, I don't know why I bother trying. Might as well embrace the chaos.

I am proud to announce that I will be writing myself in for Senate. I would do a better job than Todd Young or Danny what's his name.

Deal with it.
    It would help if INGO activity was thought of as more like conversations among friends, when one topic wanes or is exhausted the conversation is likely to move in unpredictable directions

If you take part in a group that is discussing FTF in the real world, say, how much the Colts suck and they tire of the subject and go off on some tangent, do you complain that they won't stick to the original subject or just move on if the new direction is not compelling?

The divergences from orthodoxy will damp themselves out eventually, faster if something new comes up about the original subject. Until then, perhaps relax a little

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The time to have that issue out was the primary

Make sure you get what you like otherwise you'll have to like what you get. Now is the time to pull together behind the best available choice

Take the example of the Pennsylvania senate race. Lot's of people don't like Oz, but does it make sense for conservative voters to whinge and not vote for him and wind up with Fetterman?

There are worse things than needing to vote for someone who can actually get elected

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It would help if INGO activity was thought of as more like conversations among friends, when one topic wanes or is exhausted the conversation is likely to move in unpredictable directions

If you take part in a group that is discussing FTF in the real world, say, how much the Colts suck and they tire of the subject and go off on some tangent, do you complain that they won't stick to the original subject or just move on if the new direction is not compelling?

The divergences from orthodoxy will damp themselves out eventually, faster if something new comes up about the original subject. Until then, perhaps relax a little
    BF2AA00E-F9AA-4821-99F9-12E3EE983247.jpeg

But also, you’re right. If someone sees a thread title and clicks on it out of interest and it’s already 3 pages long they have to kinda know that there will most likely be some sorting out to do.

Whether it’s fun or annoying depends a lot on how much you care about the subject.

Your comparison of friends in conversation is spot on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And people are more upset by a voluntary agreement calked an HOA than they are the takeover of the USA…
    People don't like to be told what to do - at any level. It is a key American trait

The tell would be to sunset the obligation to the HOA after a few years and give title holders an opt-out

If as many people as you think see the value in it, you'll be fine

If not, maybe you'll heed the implied lesson

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    People don't like to be told what to do - at any level. It is a key American trait

The tell would be to sunset the obligation to the HOA after a few years and give title holders an opt-out

If as many people as you think see the value in it, you'll be fine

If not, maybe you'll heed the implied lesson
    An HOA is a voluntary organization, don’t want one, simply buy a house without one. Actually the homeowners can dissolve the association anytime they wish. The covenants still stand, but they can agree not to enforce them. Some associations do dissolve themselves, usually in older neighborhoods.

Top Bottom