• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got this BUL 9mm 'Commander' awhile back and have been having some fun with it. I think they are pretty good solid values for what you get but they have a lot of MIM if that bothers you, but it's how they keep the costs down. This gun I wouldn't have any issue with keeping it stock as it was fitted nicely as it comes but it seemed like a nice quick project to update it a bit. For this one I got one of the Stan Chen magwells, they are designed to match up pretty close with factory bevels and the couple i've tried so far work well. You could always do a final blend but the fit was good enough I didn't even feel like I needed to. I did change out the split type hammer they come with and just put a lower cost standard hammer I got off ebay and it worked well, I got a decent trigger job out of it. I did replace the trigger because I just didn't like the cut-outs of the factory trigger but that's just me. I put a Novak night sight front on it and kept the factory rear. I serrated the rear so I had to replace the blued extractor with a stainless one from Wilson so I went ahead and put in an EGW oversize firing pin stop, both both of those parts aren't really that expensive. I had AllenM flatten and serrate the slide top which turned out great as always. I serrated the rear 40 lpi and did a good mild dehorn around the entire pistol, the front of the slide was nicely dehorned so I didn't have to touch that. John from Highsmith here in Greenfield shortened the barrel a bit and recrowned it for me. After everything I did a soft bead blast to blend the new work back in.

JTrP6sXl.jpg

g8RNfuTl.jpg

fGkpcXFl.jpg

0rqjGLUl.jpg

MBWzxoml.jpg

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I also recently got a BUL commander (45acp). Not a fan of the black front sight.

The front sight you put on, is there a part number, or special type of dovetail cut?

Top Bottom