• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Lucas had his license suspended for 60 days and will have to enter an alcohol and drug abuse program. However, he will be able to drive for business-related purposes Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until Aug. 11.

BAC. Can be a factor also when making a plea agreement
    Things I don't believe about this incident:

1. That his BAC was only 0.08 (edit: or 0.097)
    2. That he actually did, or honestly believes he did, park his wrecked vehicle behind a paint shop to avoid an "oil spill" in the parking lot

If you're too drunk to know that you need to call an Uber rather than attempt to drive home drunk, then you're way too drunk. If you're that impaired at 0.08 BAC, you probably shouldn't be drinking at all, ever.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Things I don't believe about this incident:

1. That his BAC was only 0.08
    2. That he actually did, or honestly believes he did, park his wrecked vehicle behind a paint shop to avoid an "oil spill" in the parking lot

If you're too drunk to know that you need to call an Uber rather than attempt to drive home drunk, then you're way too drunk. If you're that impaired at 0.08 BAC, you probably shouldn't be drinking at all, ever.
    He was .097, not .08. Not sure where the .08 keeps coming from, other than that being the legal limit. Still not what I would consider falling down drunk though.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Still sounds like a good amount of arm waving. I get it that there may be personal items he doesn't want to discuss but from what I've read, that's a lot of wreckage for a .097.
    I have to wonder how long the period was from time of finishing drinking to time of blowing the meter or blood draw?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sad situation. I know Jim has been a long time friend of the RKBA community, but this was not a very good look for him

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I will say though, I feel bad for his wife...she's a very nice lady. I can't imagine how she's feeling about all of this...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm guessing there may have been an... administrative delay in taking the blood draw?
    Thats my guess also, just look at how long they were on the scene when the first officer found him.
    If that was a commoner, we would have been cuffed and stuffed in a matter of minutes.
    I think they can decipher a BAC based on current levels, back to some point in time. How accurately they can do it and how far back, I don't know.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    .097....pffft. Nope.
    In the big picture there are many drunks out on the road most nights. He just happened to be the drunk driving the wrong way with a missing bumper, missing tires and, apparently, an egregious oil leak. Most of the other drunks probably drove home without incident. 'Ol Jim might want to better know his limits if a BAC of .097 gets him this tore down.

Top Bottom