• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    .08?

I understand that is the legal limit in Indiana.... but based solely on the reporting of driving on rims and such it sounded more like .18

Maybe Lucas' sweetheart deal included his pleading JUST to .08 BAC? Right at the legal limit?

On the issue of intoxication, I can attest that there are folks who manage their alcohol habit quite well. Just add a little THC, they turn to jello. :stretcher:

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    DAMMIT JIM!

I consider Jim to be a friend. We're the same age, both from the 812, graduated high school the same year (White River and Brownstown between us,) even though we never met until 2017. He's somebody we could count on for pro-2A action.

I don't know what he has going on in his life. I hope he gets right with his problem.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    THC wouldn't show up in the breathalyzer. Let's see if they release the results of the blood draw before we go accusing him of using pot.

You listened to the interview on WIBC, right?

Only so much reading between the lines of what Lucas said, correct?

We know of Lucas' backstory is on legalization of pot, don't we?

I'm just guessing. Recon you could call it educated guessing though?

:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You listened to the interview on WIBC, right?

Only so much reading between the lines of what Lucas said, correct?

We know of Lucas' backstory is on legalization of pot, don't we?

I'm just guessing. Recon you could call it educated guessing though?

:dunno:
    No, I didn't listen to the interview. I can't stand talk radio. Yes, I know about his stance on legalization of pot and I agree with it. I know you are vehemently opposed to it. Educated guessing? Maybe, but I'd prefer to wait for the results. I don't condone drunk driving, nor would I approve of driving under the influence of MJ.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maybe Lucas' sweetheart deal included his pleading JUST to .08 BAC? Right at the legal limit?

On the issue of intoxication, I can attest that there are folks who manage their alcohol habit quite well. Just add a little THC, they turn to jello. :stretcher:

One of my lifelong friends has regularly has blown over .42 on a few occasions. He is now in his third or fourth 28 to 60 day detox clinic.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Lucky he is not dead of poisoning.
    Well, yea. Hes a 111 lbs of nothing he used to be. He's dead already, his body just doesn't know it yet.
    I've learned to much about alcohol early onset Alzheimer's. None of us in our circle of yaa, yaa's had any idea he was drinking as hard as he was/is.
    We have been brothers for 60 years now, we enlisted together, worked overseas on and off together in Somalia & Rwanda when we were young men. He did 8-9 years with the French
    Foreign Legion through the late 90's, he was a mans man.

Heres his pic from jail last month when I posted his cash bond for not showing up for a court date for calling 911 over 30 times looking for someone to talk to.
    IMG-20230306-WA0000.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, yea. Hes a 111 lbs of nothing he used to be. He's dead already, his body just doesn't know it yet.
    I've learned to much about alcohol early onset Alzheimer's. None of us in our circle of yaa, yaa's had any idea he was drinking as hard as he was/is.
    We have been brothers for 60 years now, we enlisted together, worked overseas on and off together in Somalia & Rwanda when we were young men. He did 8-9 years with the French
    Foreign Legion through the late 90's, he was a mans man.

Heres his pic from jail last month when I posted his cash bond for not showing up for a court date for calling 911 over 30 times looking for someone to talk to.

Tough road...and sad....particularly when it is a friend.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

One of my best buddies from grade school got caught up in heroine later in life....his ride ended in his late 40s leaving behind his children and a grandchild. Still miss that guy.

I leaned from that experience that the ones we most often want to help often do not want it.... and you cannot force it. Something I just had to lean to accept.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    One of my best buddies from grade school got caught up in heroine later in life....his ride ended in his late 40s leaving behind his children and a grandchild. Still miss that guy.

I leaned from that experience that the ones we most often want to help often do not want it.... and you cannot force it. Something I just had to lean to accept.
    Yep, not much one can do with or for an addict. He's in WV so I can be there in 7 hours or so.
    I drag his ass to the court dates and a few of us try to be his advocate, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. His last court ordered rehab he got up and walked out after a few days.
    The good Sheriff sent two Deputy's to his home two days later and cuffed and stuffed his ass in the cruiser. He went to jail with a pair of boxers and a wife-beater, for 17 days he learned nothing.
    As a sixty's and seventy's kid most likely like you, I know plenty that are dead from drugs, this is the first with the drug alcohol.
    Thanks.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yep, not much one can do with or for an addict. He's in WV so I can be there in 7 hours or so.
    I drag his ass to the court dates and a few of us try to be his advocate, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. His last court ordered rehab he got up and walked out after a few days.
    The good Sheriff sent two Deputy's to his home two days later and cuffed and stuffed his ass in the cruiser. He went to jail with a pair of boxers and a wife-beater, for 17 days he learned nothing.
    As a sixty's and seventy's kid most likely like you, I know plenty that are dead from drugs, this is the first with the drug alcohol.
    Thanks.
    Hangin there buddy

Top Bottom