• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Hammer and Nigel hadn't said anything about the story until 5:30. Then they had Tony Kinnett on, who promptly suggested Lucas should resign. His logic was that mistakes are one thing, but breaking a law while being in charge of making them was "avoidable."

Big avoidable one. He's damn lucky he didn't kill anyone.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I will not judge on drinking and driving and wrecking. We all make mistakes and do stupid stuff. Leaving the scene however is character defining of a low life individual trying to get away with something. Not much use for em….. and there are more and more avoiders each day. Alleged that is.

Much more respect for those who own up to their actions.
    Usually, leaving the scene means a "woman not his wife" (aka bimbo) was in the car. Leaving the scene helps keep that tid-bit from showing up in the town police beat.

I'm sure he was just being a gentleman.

"S-she needed a ride home, an' I (burp) din wanna leave her wif a Lyft driver..."

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Usually, leaving the scene means a "woman not his wife" (aka bimbo) was in the car. Leaving the scene helps keep that tid-bit from showing up in the town police beat.

"S-she needed a ride home, an' I (burp) din wanna leave her wif a Lyft driver..."

Don't take this as me siding with people driving drunk. I DO NOT.

That said, for many years our legal system has made a driver who has consumed even lesser volumes of alcohol guilty of any and everything involved with the vehicle accident.

30 years ago, we had a friend's child get killed after darting into the road. Terrible tragedy with this wild, totally unbehaved child. It was not a shock though, as this child was never raised to listen. Everyone who knew the family knew who was at fault.

The woman who hit the child was on the way home from having a couple drinks at the bar. She went to prison.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Don't take this as me siding with people driving drunk. I DO NOT.

That said, for many years our legal system has made a driver who has consumed even lesser volumes of alcohol guilty of any and everything involved with the vehicle accident.

30 years ago, we had a friend's child get killed after darting into the road. Terrible tragedy with this wild, totally unbehaved child. It was not a shock though, as this child was never raised to listen. Everyone who knew the family knew who was at fault.

The woman who hit the child was on the way home from having a couple drinks at the bar. She went to prison.
    A drunk can be completely stopped at a red light, get hit by a speeding buffoon with a suspended license and the drunk is going to jail. Heck, even if the drunk in my example were below the legal limit, most insurance companies would likely fight a payout since the driver was under the influence, albeit legal to drive. I too do not condone drunk-driving.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

You never know but…he recently married his current wife.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guy Relford speaking on this now, subbing for Hammer on Hammer and Nigel.

Recap...
    Guy commented that Lucas is his friend and wished him the best, in one sentence. Very noncommittal and lawyer-like. What would be expected.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And he will probably be re-elected.
    I don't know, Didier stands a good chance.

I'm less offended about the DUI and more offended that his wife has pancreatic cancer and he can't retire and be by her side for the limited time she has left.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Reported on Hammer and Nigel, (from the police report?)...

Lucas supposedly hit a guardrail, then drove for two miles on three flat tires.

:ugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ugh. It gets worse...

:(

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This reminds me of a story...

Many years ago a buddy and I were out driving REALLY late at night. We'd just left Denny's and were just goofing off when we saw a guy near State & Goshen in Fort Wayne spewing sparks from his front tire. We had passed him and turned around to see what was up and if we could offer help.

Sure enough we get back to the intersection and even with just the illumination from street lights we could see a cut in the street from where his tire had been throwing sparks. He had carved a small rut into the street.

We followed it for about six (6) blocks when it turned into a driveway, so we just went on. He made it it home.

The irony of my story is that the buddy I was driving with is named Jim.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom