• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    We put up with Mayor Hamie pissing and moaning about the laws down here in Bloomington about gun laws. Meanwhile the drug and homeless issues became so big, guns were swept under the rug.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If any videos of Hogsbutt hiding out in his basement during the "Summer of Love 2020" exists it would make for some fun viewing. I would bet that worthless sack of **** freaked out panicking along with lots of crying lol while the downtown part of the city was torched, looted, murders, and burned do to his failures plus being to scared and mentally weak to try to stop it all from happening.. This worthless bill of his he wanted is another example of his Mayorship.. It will do nothing which is good for the 2A people in Marion country. Plus will do nothing to stop the root of all problems with all the homicides in the city. The saying, " You Can't Fix Stupid" speaks a lot about that guy. View attachment 286493

Nobody is asking hog***, "Where were you when the rioters were burning and looting the city and law enforcement was told to stand down?

Where were you on May 29, 2021, May 30, 2021, and May 31 of 2021?

Where the **** were you and what the **** were you doing?"

Hell, not a single political commercial, reporter question, radio commentator... NOTHING. Hell, maybe hog**** was too drunk to even know.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They can't sue until they try to enforce.
    There are provisions in the laws that do not require the people to break that law to be able to challenge them. The Colorado woman who just won at SCOTUS concerning not building a website against her beliefs did not have to refuse to build one, be charged, and then challenge the law.

I’m sure it may not be easy but it can be done…

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    He is the most conservative of our lifetimes, which statement is a sad one to make but it is true…
    My crystal ball shows one or more lawsuits challenging the Indianapolis/Marion County ordinance very soon. If successful under Indiana law, they'll get quadruple damages for at least the legal fees incurred. An attorney can bill themselves at their standard hourly rate.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The promoters will probably go elsewhere if the city starts imposing new rules on it. I'm sure they can find another spot that will welcome their business.

It's a boondoggle. What happens to all of the people in Indy who own semi-auto rifles? What happens to those in Beech Grove, who are surrounded by Indy?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    It's a boondoggle. What happens to all of the people in Indy who own semi-auto rifles? What happens to those in Beech Grove, who are surrounded by Indy?
    They have to turn them in for destruction just like a surrendering army stacks arms, and pay for the destruction cost of each one at $1000 per firearm. Regarding Beech Grove and other cities enclaved by Indianapolis: too bad, so sad, but they're glad. It's for their own good. Indianapolis and Marion County know what's good for the Beech Grove hillbillies if the single digit IQ Walmart Deplorables living there are incapable of it. Failure to comply is punishable by a scofflaw's dogs being euthanized and their home, with all contents, being used for fire department practice.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There are provisions in the laws that do not require the people to break that law to be able to challenge them. The Colorado woman who just won at SCOTUS concerning not building a website against her beliefs did not have to refuse to build one, be charged, and then challenge the law.

I’m sure it may not be easy but it can be done…
    A few things lead me to my conclusion.

One, Indiana courts have previously ruled that laws can remain on the books even if voided by the preemption law. The difference here would be that this is a new law instead of an existing law. This lawsuit was by someone on this forum against the City of Hammond.

Two, the law is not written to be in effect until the preemption law is not. I don't see the courts ruling against the city for something that isn't even in effect until some future event takes place.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    A few things lead me to my conclusion.

One, Indiana courts have previously ruled that laws can remain on the books even if voided by the preemption law. The difference here would be that this is a new law instead of an existing law. This lawsuit was by someone on this forum against the City of Hammond.

Two, the law is not written to be in effect until the preemption law is not. I don't see the courts ruling against the city for something that isn't even in effect until some future event takes place.
    Yeah, there won't be any lawsuits.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Thanks for the heads up, but this is different than all the silly Hogsett name calling in that other thread. (As if name calling does anything other than make us look juvenile. :scratch:)

OUR state capital city council passing gun control regulation is a bigger deal than a mayor running for reelection. It's a reflection on our state, highlighted nationally by the NRA.

:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom