• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I've kind of gotten away from following NASCAR over the last 2-3 years. I forgot it was time for Daytona until I heard about Stewart getting into some problem about weighing his car today.

Watched a condensed 30-minute rerun of the '79 race where Bobby Allison and Cale Yarborough beat up their cars and then tried to beat up each other as King Richard Petty, Future Boogity Guy and Super Tex A.J. Foyt come around to steal their 1-2-3 finish. Two things are evident: the cars actually had brand-identifiable features and the stands were absolutely full from top to bottom. Ahhh, the good ol' days.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Watched a condensed 30-minute rerun of the '79 race where Bobby Allison and Cale Yarborough beat up their cars and then tried to beat up each other as King Richard Petty, Future Boogity Guy and Super Tex A.J. Foyt come around to steal their 1-2-3 finish. Two things are evident: the cars actually had brand-identifiable features and the stands were absolutely full from top to bottom. Ahhh, the good ol' days.....

Brand loyalty was 1st.
    Driver loyalty was 2nd.
    With some not so much but the stands were full of brand marked shirts/jackets.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are you watching this crazy assed new "knock out" qualifying?
    Hard to understand and unorganized, but it's more racing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm good with them trying to wring some more entertainment out of the sport.
    Not much of a golf or basketball fan and it's too cold to fish. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I get the entertainment thing, but I wonder when the last time was that they went two seasons back to back with NO rule or format changes?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I get the entertainment thing, but I wonder when the last time was that they went two seasons back to back with NO rule or format changes?
    I think they've been moving backwards in popularity and trying to change that. They see what's happened to open wheel and don't want to be there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think they've been moving backwards in popularity and trying to change that. They see what's happened to open wheel and don't want to be there.

Then they should take these drivers, put them in 1970's vintage cars with the skull-cap helmets and "stock" steering wheels and go for it. :D

Top Bottom