• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I think they've been moving backwards in popularity and trying to change that. They see what's happened to open wheel and don't want to be there.

They're there. Their :poop: changes during the past decade or so have done more than economics to empty the stands and send the brand :toilet2:. I'll take an afternoon at Winchester Speedway or Eldora any day over NAPCAR today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They're there. Their :poop: changes during the past decade or so have done more than economics to empty the stands and send the brand :toilet2:. I'll take an afternoon at Winchester Speedway or Eldora any day over NAPCAR today.

Cookie cutter spec race cars will empty the stands like a strong enema.
    They did not understand the fan base. They tried to change it around to fit a corporate narrative.....epic fail.
    Same thing with open wheel. The college educated suits have ruined it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was a lot more fun when they ran what rolled off the production line.

They actually had to have some shine runner skills to drive them back then.
    These days 1/4 to 1/2 Lb. of pressure in a right front will move you up in the pack. Or it will send you to the back.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Daytona 500 qualifying: a bad clusterf**k?

Tony Stewart made his opinion of group qualifying at Daytona known via Twitter.
    “Today use to be about showcasing the hard work from the teams over the winter. Now it a complete embarrassment for our series. #NASCAR” — Tony Stewart (@TonyStewart)
    Kenny Wallace, working on the FOX broadcast of the session tweeted:
    “I will say ‘This is eXciting’ maybe crazy or silly or stupid BUT it is a SHOW” — Kenny Wallace (@Kenny_Wallace)
    That prompted Stewart to send the following tweet:
    “@Kenny_Wallace that’s not a show, it’s a joke and you know it” — Tony Stewart
    A tweet from Bob Margolis then came, saying:
    “@TonyStewart @KevinHarvick @Kenny_Wallace Might your opinion be different if your cars were in the final group” — Bob Margolis (@BobMargolis)
    That tweet also brought a replay from Stewart:
    “@BobMargolis @KevinHarvick @Kenny_Wallace absolutely not. It’s a great format for everywhere but Daytona and Talladega” — Tony Stewart

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Daytona 500 qualifying: a bad clusterf**k?

Tony Stewart made his opinion of group qualifying at Daytona known via Twitter.
    “Today use to be about showcasing the hard work from the teams over the winter. Now it a complete embarrassment for our series. #NASCAR” — Tony Stewart (@TonyStewart)
    Kenny Wallace, working on the FOX broadcast of the session tweeted:
    “I will say ‘This is eXciting’ maybe crazy or silly or stupid BUT it is a SHOW” — Kenny Wallace (@Kenny_Wallace)
    That prompted Stewart to send the following tweet:
    “@Kenny_Wallace that’s not a show, it’s a joke and you know it” — Tony Stewart
    A tweet from Bob Margolis then came, saying:
    “@TonyStewart @KevinHarvick @Kenny_Wallace Might your opinion be different if your cars were in the final group” — Bob Margolis (@BobMargolis)
    That tweet also brought a replay from Stewart:
    “@BobMargolis @KevinHarvick @Kenny_Wallace absolutely not. It’s a great format for everywhere but Daytona and Talladega” — Tony Stewart

They keep ****ing around with the process in an attempt to bring back the fans.
    They have no idea what a race fan really is.
    They are lost.

Top Bottom