• ...and so much more!
  • jdadkins87

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2023
    Aurora,Indiana
    We need a season really bad i own Indiana wildlife Control service ... I am a nuisance wildlife control operator and get calls about them all the time but cant do anything as of now..

GOD BLESS

JDAS

jdadkins87

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2023
    Aurora,Indiana
    that bill also adds a bonus turkey license ?
    Every time they bring up a bobcat trapping season they put it in a bill package that gets the anti's attention and they show in big groups and there's not enough trappers to show to support it.. this is just my opinion from what i have seen in the past..

God Bless

JDAS

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Try this link and scroll down to SB 241. I mentioned it in the 2A Legislation thread, but this is definitely Great Outdoors vice 2A.

This bill is on the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association's (ISRPA) bill tracker. In other words it's on ISRPA President Charlie Hiltunin's scope.

My focus is more 2A, but ISRPA is also supporting SB 241 and SB 49 (Catastrophically Injured Veteran Hunting.)

Someday in the future (read that as when I'm retired) I'll be able to focus on a broader range of bills. Until then, the 2A will be where I'm at.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    They are definitely around in many countries I just don't think they are as big of a nuisance as some think they are. Be interesting to know how many nuisance permits are issued each year to take them now in Indiana.
    www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/wildlife-resources/animals/bobcats

Here is the latest map of reported Bobcats….personally I would only back a Trapping season NO hunting seasons(same as Otters)

Last edited:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Try this link and scroll down to SB 241. I mentioned it in the 2A Legislation thread, but this is definitely Great Outdoors vice 2A.

This bill is on the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association's (ISRPA) bill tracker. In other words it's on ISRPA President Charlie Hiltunin's scope.

My focus is more 2A, but ISRPA is also supporting SB 241 and SB 49 (Catastrophically Injured Veteran Hunting.)

Someday in the future (read that as when I'm retired) I'll be able to focus on a broader range of bills. Until then, the 2A will be where I'm at.

Thanks…..Here are some more natural resource matters

iga.in.gov/legislative/2024/bills/senate/144/details

iga.in.gov/legislative/2024/bills/house/1384/details

iga.in.gov/legislative/2024/bills/house/1401/details

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've hunted Kentucky on and off over the past decade and a half and the landowners and hunters down there have a very different opinion of them than we do here. I suspect it won't take long and there will be plenty of people on board with controlling their numbers up here.

I don't consider them a nuisance or pest and I like that they're re-establishing up here. They will have an impact on the small animal and bird populations when they move in to an area. I've heard a lot of complaints about the damage feral cats cause, bobcats are just a bigger version of the same thing and probably a bit better at hunting than a feral.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You have a grey squirrel problem? I wish I had that problem.

On a related note, the wife said she pulled a squirrel out of the freezer and is making squirrel gravy today. Can't wait to head home for lunch break. :drool:

They behave poorly here. Taking immature fruit off the gardener's trees and throwing it on the ground and chewing on the deck. They are a shoot on sight animal here, but there are still plenty for predators.

Top Bottom