• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Over the past year and 1/2 I have been restoring my 1998 BMW M3 Sedan. Now that the car is mechanically sound I'm focusing on the body and paint. The car does not look bad at all for 13 years old but has many issues including nicks, dings, dents, scratches, a bit of rust, orange peel etc. I've been trying to put it back to the original condition like it rolled off the lot in 1998.

AllenM
    has been a long time member of INGO and owns Diamond Collision in Avon.

Indianapolis IN Auto Body - Avon IN, Plainfield, Speedway, Brownsburg

292 S. County Road 800 E.

Avon, Indiana 46123
    (Behind Lowe's) | Directions
    M-F: 7:30am - 5:30pm
    317-272-6820

We have had many members use his services with excellent results and I'm happy Diamond Collision is an INGO advertiser. Before meeting Allen I had done some searching for Indiana Body Shops and in particular... Indiana Body shops that specialized in BMW / other European cars. Got many estimates around the NE side but none of the shops really impressed me and some of the estimates were outrageous
    :wow:.

I met with Allen yesterday and he will be fixing all the body issues and repainting the entire vehicle. He will be tearing it down and putting it back together so we are ordering some parts to freshen it up including a new windshield, moldings, emblems, some trim pieces etc.

I took a couple of pictures of my car at Allen's shop. I'm going to bring the car back soon and will be posting daily updates and pics as Allen and his crew work their magic. We will be sure to post pics of the damaged areas so you can see the before and after. I'm excited
    :rockwoot:

xvdwh.jpg

Prior to visiting Allen I detailed the car the weekend before for a BMW open house in Westfield. Here are some shots of the car when I picked it up in NYC. It was originally a California car and spent a couple of years out east. I flew into Laguardia on a Saturday morning and drove it back home the same day. I had a PDR guy go through it and had the bumper resprayed. Wish I had brought it to Allen first and had it all done at once.

sU9XZ.jpg

MYXwm.jpg

xsm1G.jpg

0LgXL.jpg

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Allen has a very large, incredibly well equipped and clean shop. We hope to be holding some INGO car and truck events here in the near future :ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ahhh Allen has the Boss' car! :runaway:

It's in great hands. ;) Can't wait to see the "after" shots!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    My paint guy is listed in post #1 :D Diamond Collision.

Check back on this thread and you can see the before and after shots plus the entire process day by day.

That is a very nice bmw I have a 04 RX8 and this winter I will be doing the same to her. Maybe I need to look up your paint guy for the work.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ya it looks good. This isn't a very badly damaged car but when I bring it back we are going to take close ups of the damaged area so you can see before and after shots. :yesway:

Where are the damaged areas? The car looks great already.:dunno:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :evilangel:Can we start a collection now to bribe Allen into putting a large ball bearing inside one of the panels?

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    But he doesn't have the daily!

99 Corolla - beige interior with blue drivers seat (beige headrest ;)) - 5 spd - 210,000 miles - 40 mpg :):

SNU5o.jpg

Don't hate.....

Ahhh Allen has the Boss' car! :runaway:

It's in great hands. ;) Can't wait to see the "after" shots!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I assume your using a rotary buffer allen? are you using menzerna compounds and polishes?

once the repairs are done and the car is repainted and clear coated it will be wetsanded and recleared. I do not anticipate the need for any significant buffing.
    heavy colorsanding and buffing is not really healthy for the life of a paint job anyway.

All I anticipate is some minor de nibbing and lite buffing.
    I have not used menzerna. Even though this is a European car and menzerna is a euro product I do not believe you would be able to tell the difference between it and the system we use.

our system leaves no sanding marks and no swirl marks. Very nice system.

Yea it's a rotory buffer. If shops depend alot on buffing there could be an issue :)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    what system are you using? trizact? I love the menzerna stuff when I'm doing newer euros, other than that I'm a chemicals guys nut through and through.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    what system are you using? trizact? I love the menzerna stuff when I'm doing newer euros, other than that I'm a chemicals guys nut through and through.

Sorry for the slow reply Tyler. My home computer decided it was at the end of it's life and quit working.

I am using Presta, We don't use Trizact much any more. Most of the time with the presta it is just an unnecessary step

Car Care Products: Presta Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polish, Buffing Compounds, Body Shop Detailing Products

It is one of the best products we have used over the years

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Looks like I'm dropping the car off Saturday. I placed an order Monday for several replacement parts including trim, mouldings, emblems and more. Allen noticed the front end above the bumper had been pushed in so I bought a new piece for that and it arrived today. Since the car will be coming apart and painted I want to fix all body issues now and do it right! Rest of the parts should be here tomorrow!

vookM.jpg

Top Bottom