• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'd say the lasting effect is the ratcheting of extremism. Bush begat Obama, Obama begat Trump, Trump begat Biden. Not just in pushing the audacity of each successive administration. But furthering the effect of pen and phone replacing legislatures.

But that's about it. Biden has erased everything positive Trump had done, and also has brought forth a world no one but bat **** crazy people would rather live in than the one we had.

I think that's a partisan failure of imagination. Would you rather live in the world that was in 2019, or this one?

Now, I tend to agree with you that there was no Kraken. However, Democrats did more to erode faith in the election process than Trump. Democrats and a few Republican defectors worked behind the scenes in 2020, under the guise of covid election mitigation, to relax the rules. An election season rather than an election day gives the purple haired, gender questionable army of harvesters time to get as many ballots as needed to win each district. Mail in ballots and reduce chain of custody, compared to in-person voting.

Trump's post-election shenanigans did not impact public distrust of elections as much as the exaggerated reporting did. It was pathetic. It was never going to work. It speaks to Trump's character that he'd even try it. But it didn't shake any sane person's confidence in elections as much as rules being relaxed that would favor Democrats by a lot.

Why complain about them? Are they any less ideological than Biden's pick? That's not a claim of whataboutism. It is a challenge that this is not really what you're complaining about. It's not that you don't want partisans on the bench. It's that you don't want right wing partisans on the bench. You disagree with their rulings while agreeing on the left wing ideologues. Is Sotomayor any less of an ideologue than Trump appointees? Keagan? This is what presidents do now. They nominate ideologues. Complaining about the Trump appointees without acknowledging the ideologues you prefer makes you look partisan rather than discerning.

I don't think you even put any thought into that one. Of course Trump's spending was absurd. Overall the tax breaks were modest and inflation was in check until covid. Biden blew the **** off the lid of inflation with his reckless policies.

Don't you think it makes you sound partisan when you hyperbolize the damage Trump has done while ignoring the damage Democrats have done that is more lasting. Trump's administration was pretty tame other than that we did not have a statesman in the Whitehouse during his term. The dammage Obama, and Biden have done is vast and longlasting in comparison.

You look back to other Republican administrations in the past, and those might seem extreme to you after 8 years of Obama. But Trump's policies did not diverge enough from the policies of most Republicans to justify the hyperbole.
    I would say a big distrust in elections as well emanates from the Democrats attempts to resist steps to ensure the integrity of the vote.

Last edited:

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Well so far NYC has spent at least $200 million and that’s just for the initial hearing. Imagine the pretrials, evidentiary hearings and the trial itself…it should cost NYC billions in tax dollars .
    That being said, prosecutors always overcharge crimes and then eventually drop them to actual misdemeanors. I hope Trumps legal team makes the DA’s office spend as much money as possible so the voters/taxpayers learns their lesson!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't even think the 10 commandments would slow the decline.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm.. I believe you said at one time in the 2024 Trump thread that Trump was far more tolerable as a president than a candidate when I posed this question to you in that thread.

Those positive things certainly didn't have a lasting effect after Biden took office. I would say that Biden has had the exact opposite effect both foreign and domestically. It's not even close.

Trump was overseeing an American resurgence and Biden is overseeing a drastic decline because of his (Biden;s) policies.

Here was your response to my question:

Thats fair. I did post that, and it is true: I preferred the version of Trump I saw as president over the version of Trump I see as a candidate.

It doesn’t mean I think either version is good.

Ill take liver and onions over liver and navy beans…but, given the freedom to choose for myself, I would choose something other than liver entirely.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well so far NYC has spent at least $200 million and that’s just for the initial hearing. Imagine the pretrials, evidentiary hearings and the trial itself…it should cost NYC billions in tax dollars .
    That being said, prosecutors always overcharge crimes and then eventually drop them to actual misdemeanors. I hope Trumps legal team makes the DA’s office spend as much money as possible so the voters/taxpayers learns their lesson!!!
    It's unfathomable how much taxpayer money the Democrats have spent to try and get Trump since 2016.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thats fair. I did post that, and it is true: I preferred the version of Trump I saw as president over the version of Trump I see as a candidate.

It doesn’t mean I think either version is good.

Ill take liver and onions over liver and navy beans…but, given the freedom to choose for myself, I would choose something other than liver entirely.
    The point is you admitted that Trump did some positive while he was in office to maintain American prosperity and global standing. Wish I could say the same for Biden. That was my whole reason for going back in that thread to bring it up here and remind you .

My point is that Biden has not done anything near as well as Trump both foreign and domestically in that respect. . As a matter of fact he has done the exact opposite as I pointed out.

I think jamil said it best. Which would you rather have? The prosperity and global standing under Trump's presidency or the drastic decline under Biden?

Last edited:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The point is you admitted that Trump did some positive while he was in office and that was my whole reason for going back in that thread to bring it up here. My point is that Biden has not done as well as Trump both foreign and domestically in that respect. As a matter of fact he has done the exact opposite as I pointed out.

I think jamil said it best. Which would you rather have? The prosperity and world standing under Trump's presidency or the drastic decline under Biden?

I disagree with your core assumption: that previous economic prosperity was somehow Trump’s doing, and that Biden has been its undoing. I think the Relationship between the economy and the executive is more complicated and slower to respond than your dichotomy allows.

However, If we are looking back through the rose-colored glasses, the Obama years were my financial best, I’d take that time of my (financial) life back in a heartbeat.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I disagree with your core assumption: that previous economic prosperity was somehow Trump’s doing, and that Biden has been its undoing. I think the Relationship between the economy and the executive is more complicated and slower to respond than your dichotomy allows.
    Free markets respond well to leadership that pushes freedom. They contract when faced with reductions in freedom…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

However, If we are looking back through the rose-colored glasses, the Obama years were my financial best, I’d take that time of my (financial) life back in a heartbeat.
    If we're going to play that game how have average Americans financially prospered under Biden?

As for myself I would rather by far take the prosperity under Trump across all demographics than Biden. I'm not just thinking of myself.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And 60% of Americans approve. 3/5’s say, eh, **** rule of law. We want him to go to jail and we don’t care why. America is ****ed. It’s just a matter of time.
    I'm seem to remember the same thing with Hillary.

Make no mistake, this ideal is stupid, imho, but it's not as catastrophic as you say, and for those reasons.

TBH, someone may say, "I want to see DJT in jail, and I care don't care why", and sit want blind justice that's fair. They are just saying they don't care if the exact reason is just money, classified documents, attempted election rigging, bribery, for-profit schools... There's a numbers of ways for him to get there, and a lot of people don't care which case gets him to jail, so long as one does.

And I don't see this case being that one.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm seem to remember the same thing with Hillary.

Make no mistake, this ideal is stupid, imho, but it's not as catastrophic as you say, and for those reasons.

TBH, someone may say, "I want to see DJT in jail, and I care don't care why", and sit want blind justice that's fair. They are just saying they don't care if the exact reason is just money, classified documents, attempted election rigging, bribery, for-profit schools... There's a numbers of ways for him to get there, and a lot of people don't care which case gets him to jail, so long as one does.

And I don't see this case being that one.
    Do the NPR colored glasses allow one to see the clear violations of law committed by HRC vs. the made up stuff they are trying to get Trump with?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you ask me Trump has American prosperity in mind with his polices. Can't say the same thing for Old Joe's policies. And speaking of Obama wasn't it he that said we need to start settling for having less growth as the new norm? Trump said eff that. Watch me.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump took on the Chicoms. Biden and his families global influence pedaling syndicate take money from them for personal gain. Shall I continue?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would say a big distrust in elections as well emanates from the Democrats attempts to resist steps to ensure the integrity of the vote.
    Most Americans support Voter ID, for example. It makes sense to everyone. But voter ID makes it harder for dead people to vote.

Top Bottom