Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude, I used to believe that one should vote for whoever wins the primary even if it isn't your guy, but after reading how so many INGOers are never going to vote for Trump no matter because; feelings I'm starting to feel more like **** it, if I can't have Trump then burn it down

IMO it may be headed there anyway. DeSantis could turn out to be Crenshaw with two good eyes and start giving McConnell a reach around as soon as he gets in office and we're back to business as usual
    Is that really a recent insight? I think whether Desantis=Crenshaw is something it seems that Trumpers are eager to believe with weak evidence to support it. I guess I'm more pragmatic anyway. I'll vote for whomever opposes bat **** crazy at this point. I don't think Trump is the guy who can stop the crazy. I'm not sure there is a person who can stop the crazy. But even Trump is closer to not-crazy.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Dude, I used to believe that one should vote for whoever wins the primary even if it isn't your guy, but after reading how so many INGOers
    Do you have a tally of that “so many ingoers”?
    are never going to vote for Trump no matter what because; feelings I'm starting to feel
    So, because; feelings bad but I’m starting to feel ; ok?
    more like **** it, if I can't have Trump then burn it down
    I’ve said this a lot, not about trump just conservative constitutional govt, and been told that we can’t burn it all down…
    IMO it may be headed there anyway. DeSantis could turn out to be Crenshaw with two good eyes and start giving McConnell a reach around as soon as he gets in office and we're back to business as usual
    As Jamil said, “could”, but as you’ve said, we don’t know about him. Many here just don’t know about trump, past performance is not indicative of future results, not because trump but because he’ll be so mired down by the swamp.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Poor Bug. I hope he can pull out of the tailspin he's in from the jet wash of "so many Ingo'ers" saying that they would never vote for Trump again. "Pull up Goose!"

Dunno how many "so many" is but I'm pretty sure there is at least an equal amount that have said they would vote for Trump in the general if he wins the primary even if their guy didn't win.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Dude, I used to believe that one should vote for whoever wins the primary even if it isn't your guy, but after reading how so many INGOers are never going to vote for Trump no matter what because; feelings I'm starting to feel more like **** it, if I can't have Trump then burn it down
    I don't see what one has to do with the other. Are you saying that you are willing to let anti-Trumpers sway your vote?
    There seems to be far more "never Youngs" on INGO than "never Trumps", and I have already let Young know how disappointed I am with some of his votes, and will remember them come his next primary. However, I will *never* cede a Senate seat to the loonie left. Same as every single Presidential election since 1988.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Dude, I used to believe that one should vote for whoever wins the primary even if it isn't your guy, but after reading how so many INGOers are never going to vote for Trump no matter what because; feelings I'm starting to feel more like **** it, if I can't have Trump then burn it down

You did get Trump. You even had two years of control of all three branches of government.

We still have Obamacare.
    We still have Hillary walking free.
    We still have no wall.

Basically, he was unable to deliver on any of the promises he made. The accomplishments he claims are all action points on McConnells agenda…not Trumps.

These are all artifacts of choosing a party outsider for The top seat…the party has to spend time and effort organizing itself around the new regime before it can get to work.

Biden was able to reverse so much of what Trump “accomplished” in he first few months in office because the political machine was already set up to accept his leadership.

The mistake that trumpers continue to make is a belief that the swamp can be drained…or that anyone in the ruling class would actually want to, including Trump. He came to wallow, not wash up.

If Rs want to control government, their voters need to support the whole team, not just their favorite player.

If your team keeps losing, maybe it’s time to change up the roster.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

The answer is it requires DJT to be a different human being. To adapt, change his tactics not his viewpoints, and "be like water, my friend." He has no capability to do that.

I don't think that this is the best idea (be a different human being, change his tactics) for someone in his position. [Although I am a big fan of Bruce Lee's writing.] Here's why.

People, in general, like consistency. Part of the reason I support DT is that he is who he is. If you go back to interviews he did in the 90s (?) he was warning about the same issues he is now, the same issues that are hurting our nation. The way he took no BS from the media (or other politicians) and was not afraid to strike back was what made me have hope.

People are fickle and easily confused. If he changes those things then that is a sign of inconsistency and unreliability. As an example, someone made the comment about how Crenshaw seems to have changed. That would result in a loss of support from the people that got him there.

As another example, if you look at Elon Musk and his changing positions on things he is losing some support - at least there have been negative comments from people with large "followers" that look at this negatively. Because people are fickle and easily confused, and these people have large followers they are (probably) inadvertently taking support away from Musk. This is despite Musk having come out and said that there will be dumb thing that may be tried and Twitter will absorb what is useful, discard what is useless.

If you mean that he might do well to take the edge off to make him more palatable to a wider base of people, I would still disagree. His enemies will see that as weakness and try to take advantage of him. That will result in him looking worse when he hits back.

I'm ok with sitting back, supporting him, and seeing what he has. So far he has succeeded in areas that literally everyone was betting against him.

Even Bill Gates was not insulting DT after their meeting. DT facilitated a peace deal in the Middle East. DT brought many manufacturing jobs back to the United States. Unemployment and food stamps claims hit a low. The DOW closed above 20,000 for the first time in 2017 and topped 30,000 in 2020. For the first time in nearly 70 years, the United States had become a net energy exporter.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Serious question. All of the negative personality traits about Trump that people are so hung up on aside could it be said that he at least did well enough policy wise in office both foreign and domestically to maintain American prosperity, security and standing despite having the jackals hounding him throughout his presidency with bull**** investigations and constantly trying to undermine his presidency?

Last edited:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Serious question. All of the negative personality traits about Trump aside could it be said that he at least did well enough in office both foreign and domestically to maintain American prosperity and standing despite having the jackals hounding him throughout his presidency with bull**** investigations and constantly trying to undermine his presidency?

I could agree with that…for the most part…until we get the the 2020 election. Trump, the President, was far more tolerable than Trump, the candidate, but his behavior during the election and the aftermath fully negate any credit he might have earned for it…(in my opinion).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you have a tally of that “so many ingoers”?

So, because; feelings bad but I’m starting to feel ; ok?

I’ve said this a lot, not about trump just conservative constitutional govt, and been told that we can’t burn it all down…

As Jamil said, “could”, but as you’ve said, we don’t know about him. Many here just don’t know about trump, past performance is not indicative of future results, not because trump but because he’ll be so mired down by the swamp.
    I think maybe two have voiced that? So definitely that's enough to burn it down. One is bad enough. Maybe you just give them a stern tealing. But two. Oh yeah, you definitely burn that ************ down.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Poor Bug. I hope he can pull out of the tailspin he's in from the jet wash of "so many Ingo'ers" saying that they would never vote for Trump again. "Pull up Goose!"

Dunno how many "so many" is but I'm pretty sure there is at least an equal amount that have said they would vote for Trump in the general if he wins the primary even if their guy3 didn't win.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think maybe two have voiced that? So definitely that's enough to burn it down. One is bad enough. Maybe you just give them a stern tealing. But two. Oh yeah, you definitely burn that ************ down.

I think he got hacked.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could agree with that…for the most part…until we get the the 2020 election. Trump, the President, was far more tolerable than Trump, the candidate, but his behavior during the election and the aftermath fully negate any credit he might have earned for it…(in my opinion).
    Yeah that certainly didn't help. At least in terms of the things he actually said and did. I suspect there are a lot of reports from less than honest reporting that you might believe are true that might not be so true. But, the bull-**** with Mike Pence/certification is something he did, overtly, willfully, and that turned a lot of people off on Trump. That's one of the reasons I suspect he can't win. Some supporters are just done with him.

For Trump to get those people to trust him again would take some humility and contrite behavior. And that's just not within his capability. He can't admit anything he's done was ever wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Dunno how many "so many" is but I'm pretty sure there is at least an equal amount that have said they would vote for Trump in the general if he wins the primary even if their guy didn't win.
    Well. See. That doesn't count. I've been told many times why. Probably Bug will have to remind me again because I must not have been paying attention. I suspect it has to do with binary thinking™. You're either all in or all out. Supporter or NeverTrumper.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't see what one has to do with the other. Are you saying that you are willing to let anti-Trumpers sway your vote?
    There seems to be far more "never Youngs" on INGO than "never Trumps", and I have already let Young know how disappointed I am with some of his votes, and will remember them come his next primary. However, I will *never* cede a Senate seat to the loonie left. Same as every single Presidential election since 1988.
    Bug and I have had conversations about this stuff off and on for a long time. I've thought he might stay home in November if Trump doesn't win. I've asked him that before and he's assured me that of course he would vote for DeSantis if he won the nomination. But now he's hedging, I think not as much because of two or three people on an internet forum, but because of propaganda he's accepted uncritically at face value. Since he's been hinting things like, "I have a Dan Crenshaw vibe about DeSantis," I've suspected that no matter what, if Trump loses, he stays home. It's Trump or nothing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Bug and I have had conversations about this stuff off and on for a long time. I've thought he might stay home in November if Trump doesn't win. I've asked him that before and he's assured me that of course he would vote for DeSantis if he won the nomination. But now he's hedging, I think not as much because of two or three people on an internet forum, but because of propaganda he's accepted uncritically at face value. Since he's been hinting things like, "I have a Dan Crenshaw vibe about DeSantis," I've suspected that no matter what, if Trump loses, he stays home. It's Trump or nothing.
    Tit for Tat. You're not gonna vote for my guy so I'm not gonna vote for your guy when I otherwise would've committed to voting for whomever the nominee is.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I voted against Hillary the first time.

I voted against Creepy Joe the second time.

Please Dear God let all who run be truly worthy of being voted FOR this time.

This coming from someone who has voted for both sides of the aisle in his lifetime.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have said this before, I believe this is what is going to happen. Trump and his people are going to destroy any other candidate and Trump is unelectable, so we are stuck with another Dem.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You did get Trump. You even had two years of control of all three branches of government.

We still have Obamacare.

The mandate was lifted though. Which didn't actually do anything of note.

We still have Hillary walking free.
    Yeah, anyone thinking she was ever going to get locked up was delusional. Trump didn't really start that nonsense until the crowds started shouting it. And so he pandered.

We still have no wall.
    We don't have *no* wall. Some wall was built. Biden stopped it as soon as he took office.

Basically, he was unable to deliver on any of the promises he made. The accomplishments he claims are all action points on McConnells agenda…not Trumps.
    That's not actually true. He did a lot of the things he promised. It's just that most of it was done by executive order and Biden canceled those orders as soon has he got in office. But the point about McConnell's agenda is also true. McConnell played Trump like a used fiddle.

These are all artifacts of choosing a party outsider for The top seat…the party has to spend time and effort organizing itself around the new regime before it can get to work.

Biden was able to reverse so much of what Trump “accomplished” in he first few months in office because the political machine was already set up to accept his leadership.
    Wait. Is that another way of saying, deep state? :):

The mistake that trumpers continue to make is a belief that the swamp can be drained…or that anyone in the ruling class would actually want to, including Trump. He came to wallow, not wash up.
    This is true I think. Trump didn't coin that phrase either. His fans did and he just picked up on it and pandered that too. I'm not even sure everyone thinks of the same thing when we say "clean the swamp". It's a mess now, and I'm not certain it can be cleaned.

If Rs want to control government, their voters need to support the whole team, not just their favorite player.

If your team keeps losing, maybe it’s time to change up the roster.
    Democrats have a pretty good gig right now that makes it very hard to unseat them. With mail-in voting they have a lot of things to exploit. Ballot harvesting is a big deal and that favors Democrats way more than it does Republicans. It should be illegal, but that's just not gonna happen. It pays too many dividends for Democrats. They don't need no cheat-Kraken to win elections. The supply of blue/purple haired bat **** crazy progressive activist ideologues willing to go door to door and do whatever it takes to win, are endless. Plus, there are plenty of Zucker bucks to pay them whatever they need.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have said this before, I believe this is what is going to happen. Trump and his people are going to destroy any other candidate and Trump is unelectable, so we are stuck with another Dem.
    Trump starts slumping in polls and they have to dig out the "Dan Crenshaw" propoganda to try to destroy him. And whether he's another Dan Crenshaw or not remains to be seen. Just oddly coincidental that everyone uses that angle on cue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom