• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I've never had a rebel flag but reading some of these comments I feel like I need one tattoo'd on y forehead to keep some of you ******* away. I deal with enough ******** daily, don't need anymore of these types making the day ****tier.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The only way they can make my day ****tier is if I allow it to get to me. I don't have to converse with them if I choose not to.. They are meaningless in my world. I don't give them the satisfaction.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So I've never had a rebel flag but reading some of these comments I feel like I need one tattoo'd on y forehead to keep some of you ******* away. I deal with enough ******** daily, don't need anymore of these types making the day ****tier.
    Here ya go, little Kia buddy.

Feel better. :)

Pillzilla.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not optimistic for a bright future here. We're headed for a lockdown.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So which interpretation of the flag is correct? The one intended by the person displaying it or the one perceived by the person viewing it?

a similar question can be asked in the workplace when a comment is made by one worker and interpreted by another working of the opposite gender. Which meaning is primary, the deliverer, or the recipient?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    So which interpretation of the flag is correct? The one intended by the person displaying it or the one perceived by the person viewing it?

a similar question can be asked in the workplace when a comment is made by one worker and interpreted by another working of the opposite gender. Which meaning is primary, the deliverer, or the recipient?
    The only real interpretation is to get drunk and set fire to things with too much gasoline.

In all seriousness though, this debate will continue as long as there are separate "tribes". Eventually all symbols lose their meaning and relevance in the sands of time, but there will always be another flag, banner, icon that will take it's place. The truth of the intent of an action primarily depends on the context of the action, however certain biases will always sway ones mind to one interpretation or another, as it is impossible for someone not to have a bias (part of human psychology and individualism).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hate to interrupt things here.. Just thought I might post something relevant to the original topic.

FEC Chairman says the Stormy Daniels case was determined not to be a federal campaign finance violation. That's why the FEC and the DOJ declined to pursue it. "DA" Bragg's case all revolves around the Stormy Daniels NDA payment nucleus as a predicate for the indictment. If that's so, then how can "concealing" what was determined by the Feds to be a non-violation be an alleged underlying crime?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Eventually all symbols lose their meaning and relevance in the sands of time, but there will always be another flag, banner, icon that will take it's place
    Well, Molon labe is still going strong 2500 years later and still retains its original, defiant meaning

At only 160 years old it might be a little soon for people to give up on the Confederate Battle Flag just yet

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

What do you think the odds are that this legislator will be immediately reinstated, like the Nashville gun control insurrectionists, because of 'our democracy' concerns

Survey says: 'Republicans' will continue to self censor/surrender

Waiting for the NPR viewing membership to arrive and explain how 'platforming' realpolitik election deniers is WAY worse than trying to disarm citizens in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

What do you think the odds are that this legislator will be immediately reinstated, like the Nashville gun control insurrectionists, because of 'our democracy' concerns

Survey says: 'Republicans' will continue to self censor/surrender

Waiting for the NPR viewing membership to arrive and explain how 'platforming' realpolitik election deniers is WAY worse than trying to disarm citizens in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
    1. They were not expelled for wanting to disarm people
    2. She was expelled by at least some of her own party as well as the opposition
    3. Who knew the Mormons were so involved in election cheating?

Top Bottom