• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    She violated no rules and disrupted no proceedings by inviting a non-heterodox viewpoint to a scheduled hearing, as was her right - unlike the Nashville Three

She was expelled for embarrassing some effete sitting members who thought 'their' legislature was a safe space. I can only assume her punishment would have been the same (or worse) had she invited Kari Lake

The work of reversing the purplization of Arizona will be harder than people think with so many Quislings in power

Edit: You don't see campaigning to force gun control upon an unwilling legislature/electorate as a desire to disarm people?

EditEdit: 'One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter' or something

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Well, Molon labe is still going strong 2500 years later and still retains its original, defiant meaning

At only 160 years old it might be a little soon for people to give up on the Confederate Battle Flag just yet
    Fair enough. It's probably why I shouldn't use absolutes like "all symbols". However, I would still argue that not all symbols are absolute. I'm sure the people of ancient Greece had their own "nazi/bad guy" symbol that was seen as shameful at the time. As mentioned earlier, the swastika was originally a symbol of good fortune until it was bastardized, and now if you tried waving that flag as a sign of good fortune in America, post 1930's, you would be received as a bad person.

Someone showed a poll earlier that said that most of the country saw the battle flag as a sign of southern pride until the Trump years, where the media started to talk non-stop about white supremacy. This shifted the Overton window, and now everyone is divided about this flag more than ever.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Someone showed a poll earlier that said that most of the country saw the battle flag as a sign of southern pride until the Trump years, where the media started to talk non-stop about white supremacy. This shifted the Overton window, and now everyone is divided about this flag more than ever.
    Actually, nothing has really changed about it outside of blue areas, the media has just twisted the perception of the consumers of their poison

If the NYT told you the Gadsden Flag was a symbol of white supremacy, would that make one whit of difference in your perception of the symbol or why you might be moved to display it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually, nothing has really changed about it outside of blue areas, the media has just twisted the perception of the consumers of their poison

If the NYT told you the Gadsden Flag was a symbol of white supremacy, would that make one whit of difference in your perception of the symbol or why you might be moved to display it?

Depends how non-playable the character is. Seems like democrats and CoC republicans would tend to accept it all at face value.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I can assure you my position would be unchanged.

The Gadsden flies all the time here.

Reactions: KG1

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Not at all, but I wasn't referring to myself or our ilk when I referenced that poll. Mainly the Left, Normies (Neutrals in the middle of the bell curve that don't pay attention), and what I call the Sunshine Patriots (people who identify as conservative/libertarian, but will fold on their values if any pressure is added).

I'm just waiting for them to say the Gadsden Flag is racist, which is utterly ridiculous. Unfortunately, I know certain "patriots" that would change their minds if the tried such things.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've seen a number of times in Google search results where it has been tried to spark the notion that the Gadsden Flag is racist. It's out there.

The main thing I've seen said is that it's racist because Christophor Gadsden who designed the flag was known to be a slave owner and trader. It's ludicrous to try and make that stretch to sully the flag because the flag had nothing to do with fighting for the right to own slaves. But that doesn't stop them from trying, nonetheless.

The other thing I've seen is that the Gadsden flag is guilty of being a racist symbol by association because it is commonly seen flown alongside Confederate battle flags particularly at "racist" Trump rallies. These nutjobs will try anything to make the Gadsden flag a symbol of racism simply because it is mainly embraced and flown by the right who we all know are racists. ( or so they want everyone to believe.)

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    meh
    EVERYTHING is racist.
    Coffee, wearing shoes, getting a haircut, filling up your gas tank, mowing your lawn, etc...
    EVERYTHING!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    meh
    EVERYTHING is racist.
    Coffee, wearing shoes, getting a haircut, filling up your gas tank, mowing your lawn, etc...
    EVERYTHING!
    Saying everything is racist is racist. But then saying that saying everything is racist, is racist, is also racist. But if that’s racist then saying—Error: infinite recursion detected in thread. Aborting process.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Meh. It's been said before that I have a face that only a mother could love. I guess it's a racist face now.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I've seen a number of times in Google search results where it has been tried to spark the notion that the Gadsden Flag is racist. It's out there.

The main thing I've seen said is that it's racist because Christophor Gadsden who designed the flag was known to be a slave owner and trader. It's ludicrous to try and make that stretch to sully the flag because the flag had nothing to do with fighting for the right to own slaves. But that doesn't stop them from trying, nonetheless.

The other thing I've seen is that the Gadsden flag is guilty of being a racist symbol by association because it is commonly seen flown alongside Confederate battle flags particularly at "racist" Trump rallies. These nutjobs will try anything to make the Gadsden flag a symbol of racism simply because it is mainly embraced and flown by the right who we all know are racists. ( or so they want everyone to believe.)
    If some consider old glory to be a symbol of racism and oppression (yes that's a thing), it wouldn't be plausible to assume the Gadsden flag immune.

Top Bottom