• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Whatever.

Translation: You can't support the allegation you made as the " new dem voting law" as you imagine it is nothing but a product of the outrage driven media machine leading you around by the nose. It's easier to get huffy and blow it off then do the most basic research and critically evaluate your position. Being outraged is just more fun.

Or, you know, whatever.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Translation: You can't support the allegation you made as the " new dem voting law" as you imagine it is nothing but a product of the outrage driven media machine leading you around by the nose. It's easier to get huffy and blow it off then do the most basic research and critically evaluate your position. Being outraged is just more fun.

Or, you know, whatever.
    I think his response has more to do with some here's nothing to see here pie in the sky attitudes, what he's referring to was in HR1 and should have everybody outraged, even the 'fact checkers' with their spin couldn't rate it false.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Because this whole conspiracy theory is about them voting. And despite the rumors non-citizens can't vote, and the lifetime LTCH isn't going away.
    (IIRC, there was some uber-liberal city that was allowing non-citizen to for local elections; but nothing else to warrant all the tin-foilery.)

Besides, immigrants tend to align with Republican principles. Despite what you hear, heavy taxes, freebies for non-workers, assault on religion, gender fluidity, and shoving sexuality on kids don't appeal to immigrants who just want to come here for a safe, free life where they can work hard and get ahead. (especially Catholics from Central America).

It's not the immigrants looking for freebies, it's the Americans who grew up here and suckled on the govt teat all there lives. Most immigrants have never gotten a handout and are used to working hard just to eek out a living.

Maybe instead of the xenophobia and push back, we should be welcoming them into the freedom-loving mindset we espouse as Republicans.

A democrat brings them to America? Great, we'll make them Republicans! :patriot:
    Immigrants may align with Republican principles but they sure aren't voting that way, they are predominately democrat.

Now in the last election we knew that Trump had made inroads with Hispanics but also Asians and in areas like Chicago there was some red shift in immigrant neighborhoods. Who knows what progress we could have made if he got elected but mean tweets and all.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not some. From the article it's all or most.
    That's what the article at least implies. The last four letters of the last word in the sentence preceding this one are probably accurate to use. From their link to swing states, those 13 states are getting 7702. There are about 37,000 Afghan refugees. So about 21% that is far far from most, let alone all.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why does it matter how long it takes for them to become citizens?

Someone asked how long, I answered. Ask them why they cared.
    I think his response has more to do with some here's nothing to see here pie in the sky attitudes, what he's referring to was in HR1 and should have everybody outraged, even the 'fact checkers' with their spin couldn't rate it false.

Cool. Show me in HR1 where it does what he says it does.

Hint: It doesn't. I'll save us both some time.

The term “automatic registration” means a system that registers an individual to vote in elections for Federal office in a State, if eligible, by electronically transferring the information necessary for registration from government agencies to election officials of the State so that, unless the individual affirmatively declines to be registered, the individual will be registered to vote in such elections.

It doesn't expand voting rights any more than the BMV registering people to vote expanded voting rights. I expect the goalposts will now be moved.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

It doesn't expand voting rights any more than the BMV registering people to vote expanded voting rights. I expect the goalposts will now be moved.
    The claim was that under HR1 with all the sweeping provisions for automatic voting registrations to happen within all these gov agencies, many of which are utilized by illegal immigrants that many would be registered to vote. Under HR1 there are indeed provisions for many agencies to start automatically enrolling clients, even things like applying or getting a lease for Section 8 housing, and you have to specifically opt out for them not to do it. You think because of your little bolded text of 'if eligible' it's not going to happen, don't be naive. Do you think some democrat working at a welfare office is going to even ask about citizenship? In fact it was ruled unconstitutional in KS to ask about citizenship and voter registration. Democrats refusing to back amendments requiring proof of citizenship should be all you need to know. The democrats wouldn't have brought this up if it didn't benefit democrats. The only thing that can really prevent it is a particular state's will to really cross check voter registrations.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's what the article at least implies. The last four letters of the last word in the sentence preceding this one are probably accurate to use. From their link to swing states, those 13 states are getting 7702. There are about 37,000 Afghan refugees. So about 21% that is far far from most, let alone all.

I'd say we'll see, but something tells me we'll never actually know how many end up where. Those number will either not be reported (correctly) or will otherwise be obfuscated from scrutiny.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Or, you know, whatever.

I'm not google. I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you. You either know the score by now or not.

So whatever.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

See? Whatever.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The claim was that under HR1 with all the sweeping provisions for automatic voting registrations to happen within all these gov agencies, many of which are utilized by illegal immigrants that many would be registered to vote. Under HR1 there are indeed provisions for many agencies to start automatically enrolling clients, even things like applying or getting a lease for Section 8 housing, and you have to specifically opt out for them not to do it. You think because of your little bolded text of 'if eligible' it's not going to happen, don't be naive. Do you think some democrat working at a welfare office is going to even ask about citizenship? In fact it was ruled unconstitutional in KS to ask about citizenship and voter registration. Democrats refusing to back amendments requiring proof of citizenship should be all you need to know. The democrats wouldn't have brought this up if it didn't benefit democrats. The only thing that can really prevent it is a particular state's will to really cross check voter registrations.

this-guy-gets-it-nick-offerman.gif

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'd say we'll see, but something tells me we'll never actually know how many end up where. Those number will either not be reported (correctly) or will otherwise be obfuscated from scrutiny.
    Probably not, and they will be free to move wherever they want after even if they do release the final number.

But as it stands the article is fearmongering BS. For the 4 states that they list the numbers on they aren't even a blip on the radar. AZ they have about 1600 going and I'm assuming some of them are minors but we'll go with 16k and all voters. AZ has about 4 million registered "active voters", if they all voted the same way that would be a swing of .0004%. Biden won with all the fraud by .3%, once again as it stands that article is BS. If all of the Afghans that are expect to come moved to AZ and they all voted the same way they would swing the vote.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Either there are a lot of posters using a lot of hyperbole or there are a lot of posters that shouldn't bother voting.

If someone votes, that person is tacitly admitting it means something even if it means one is trying to postpone something. So voting still matters and if one is trying to postpone something than it's a tacit admission that the country isn't lost yet.

I mean, even Phylodog sounds more optimistic than he did in January!

Top Bottom