• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I can only speak from my fathers POV, but he was making the same complaints about soldiers in the early 90s, just before he retired. He had Vietnam and DS1 under his belt, and thought that soldier were too coddled. I remember asking him about the movie Full Metal Jacket, and he said said it was spot on (same with Officer and Gentlemen). I remember he quipped that a DS would be in Leavenworth today if they still did that.

We used to stack commies like cord wood.

Now some vote for them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah it seems there is always the tendency for older generations to look with disdain at newer generations and how easy they have it.
    But - there is a giant push to "woke" the military. It's widely acknowledged and being reported. I do have serious concerns about our nation's ability to win a fight if called upon. Hence, why I think the 2a is so critical. We may be called upon to defend ourselves from an invading army.
    This is true, those who have gone through basic always think subsequent generations had it easier. In some sense this is true, I wouldn't have wanted to go through basic in the seventies or early eighties when they were still running in boots, I can't imagine that. I don't think basic training has gotten that much easier per se in fact for many MOS's like infantry OSUT it's now much longer, when I went through it was 12 weeks, then 14, now it's 22! It's been decades since a drill sergeant could really go hands on with a trainee and it probably wasn't really allowed then but DS's are pretty neutered now and trainees aren't really afraid, they just don't want to get kicked out so they tend to tow the line. Many are easily intimidated though and act like they've never been yelled at in their life, which may be true lol. I definitely think the trainees showing up now are softer and weaker than in generations past. Most trainees are pretty intelligent though and unlike years past things are a bit more complicated now too, communications equipment is more technical, instead of just iron sights they now have CCO's and IR lasers to mess with etc. Basic training aside I agree the push to woke the military is happening. Generals are political creatures and I bet if Trump was President we wouldn't be hearing about understanding CRT by the current CJCS.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If things really hit the fan and it went to the point that Blow Joe is talking about, I would not be surprised if other countries were providing such armaments.
    And quite often when the populous splits, the military does too. You arent going to have 100% compliance on the .mil side so that its 100% of the standing military against x% of the civilians. You're gonna have defections, and those defectors are going to bring their tanks, F15s, etc. with them to fight.

I mean seriously, if you have a tank and you know you need to fight bad guys, are you going to just walk away from that beast and fight with your bare hands? No.

(and hopefully EVERYONE is clear that nukes are off limits because that would be like pooping in your own breakfast. Nobody would win.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    F-15Cs of the 57th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, Keflavik, Iceland FOR THE WIN, BABY!!!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Can I substitute a F-105?

That way it wouldn't be the first thing to go THUD in washington.

F-105-NMUSAF.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "And I might add: The Second Amendment, from the day it was passed, limited the type of people who could own a gun and what type of weapon you could own. You couldn’t buy a cannon.

you know, and all the stuff about how we’re going to have to move against the government. Well, the tree of liberty is not watered with the blood of patriots. What’s happened is that there have never been — if you wanted or if you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons.

The point is that there has always been the ability to limit — rationally limit the type of weapon that can be owned and who can own it."

-Obiden

The mother ******* son of a ***** is nothing but a bald faced liar. Nonetheless, some here cast their individual vote for such.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was digging into some other topics and came across this, seems relevant give Biden’s thinly veiled threats against the American people. These are the non lethal s that were already deployed against DC BLM protesters but it remains unclear if they were actually used.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was digging into some other topics and came across this, seems relevant give Biden’s thinly veiled threats against the American people. These are the non lethal s that were already deployed against DC BLM protesters but it remains unclear if they were actually used.

At a minimum, progressives and tyrannical scum like Obiden and those of his ilk seem to believe they are God.

Top Bottom