• ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Point of order:

223 is absolutely NOT “underpowered for deer”. Use a proper bullet and they kill as ethically as 12 gauge slugs when put into vitals or CNS.

I’ve harvested two Kentucky whitetails with 223s, one using an 80gr Amax and the other a 77gr Nosler Custom Competition…neither deer laughed it off.
    Agreed on your point. it also is more acceptable the further south you go. A big Louisiana or Mississippi deer field dresses at half the weight of a southern Michigan/ northern indiana deer

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    A. One does not hunt deer with .223 rounds. They are under-powered for the task.

B. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

C. The "F15s and nukes" comment eviscerates any rhetorical argument about banning AR15s as "weapons of war"
    Maybe he confused AR15 with F15. They both have letters and the number 15 so they have to be very similar!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I think it is pretty presumptuous on his part to assume the entirety of the US Military is on his side. I do not believe the majority of the enlisted are willing to destroy both the Constitution and American Citizens at his command. A few maybe, but not many.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think it is pretty presumptuous on his part to assume the entirety of the US Military is on his side. I do not believe the majority of the enlisted are willing to destroy both the Constitution and American Citizens at his command. A few maybe, but not many.
    They are in the process of trying to weed as many of those service members out as they can.

corywj

Supporter of the first and second amendments
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Oh look.
    Another person that doesn't understand combat, and asymmetrical warfare.

F-15s need parts and fuel
    So to tanks
    Pilots need to eat.

Supply lines and mfgers will be inside the lines of combat.
    There are more trained combat vets then there are active duty.
    Exactly, it didn't take a jet to kill the Kennedy brothers ...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Last time I checked, human beings are still flesh and blood.

At this point a non-trivial segment of the population are better armed, equipped, and trained than the majority of the military.

With the relaxed standards, and wokeism the military is experiencing. if it comes down to fighting, the average soldier is just going to be a delivery system for WP omni 9 tubes.

corywj

Supporter of the first and second amendments
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Don't even know where to begin. Copy/paste/comment I guess.

Both Biden and Attorney General Merrick Garland, who spoke before him, pointed to a historic rise in crime in the summertime, and said that rise "may be more pronounced" as the nation comes out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
    (So, this **** is gonna get worse?)

The White House has insisted curbing gun violence is key to tamping down a "staggering" surge of crime across the U.S.
    (Coincides with the staggering surge in Soros-funded prosecutors and local governments openly opposing the Police. Not to mention openly supporting rioters and anarchists.)

"Talk to most responsible gun owners they'll tell you there's no possible justification for having 100 rounds in a magazine," Biden said.
    (Responsible gun owners? That leaves you and your crack-smoking son out, doesn't it Plugs?)

"Those who say the blood of Patriots, you know, and all the stuff about how we’re gonna have to move against the government," Biden said. "If you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons."
    (No, old man. It's for when the government moves against us. Why do we need F-15s? Air supremacy is everything in a force-on-force war. It won't be that kind of war. Besides, modern fighters are ramp-vacuums. I don't need air-superiority fighters. I need sneaky mo-fo's with a handful of bolts to throw out on the taxiway. Nukes? Please.)

The "zero-tolerance" policy targets federally licensed firearms dealers who "willfully" transfer a weapon to someone prohibited from owning one or ignore a tracing request from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The ATF would seek to revoke the dealer's license after the first offense, a senior White House official said.
    (So, the criminal who steals the firearm. The criminal who trades drugs for the firearm. The family member who does the straw purchase. The criminal who commits the crime. The politicians who decided arresting criminals is the problem with criminals becoming criminals. The local government who has declared cash bail is racist. The prosecutor who refuses to prosecute or plea-bargain gun charges against violent felons. These aren't the problems? It's the incredibly regulated FFL??)

The president said the DOJ has created five new "strike forces" to crack down on illegal gun trafficking cartels
    (So the people who gave us Operation Fast and Furious are on the case now?)

Staggering incompetence, and the clarity of a senile old bastard trying to find the remote, and change the channel to stop the noise.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    ^^THIS!!^^ Unfortunately, ^^THIS!!^^ We are seeing it before our very eyes. More to follow...
    this is a silly notion because there is always an influx of new recruits. if they would happen to weed out the "bad apples" then they would have to just start all over again. it would be a perpetual never ending process.

besides, why would they need to weed out anyone when the public school system is indoctrinating the kids for not just the military but the corporate world and everything else?

whats going on is a nameless, faceless, shadowy force behind the scenes directing policy and since the election system is now thoroughly corrupted there isn't anything we can do about it. as I said above, the president now takes orders not gives orders.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    this is a silly notion because there is always an influx of new recruits. if they would happen to weed out the "bad apples" then they would have to just start all over again. it would be a perpetual never ending process.

besides, why would they need to weed out anyone when the public school system is indoctrinating the kids for not just the military but the corporate world and everything else?

whats going on is a nameless, faceless, shadowy force behind the scenes directing policy and since the election system is now thoroughly corrupted there isn't anything we can do about it. as I said above, the president now takes orders not gives orders.
    As someone who got out less than 5 years ago I can assure you that the influx of new recruits is poorly trained and mentally equipped to deal with a real war. I went through training during the surge of Iraq and can give a list of things that they had stopped training during basic from the time I got in to the time I got out.

1. hand grenades
    2.combatives
    3. Bayonets ( the bayonet isn’t really crucial for modern combat but the training and the mindset it creates it)
    4. CQB

Maybe I’m biased but the training I got in basic, AIT and pre deployment was top notch. We did all kinds of stuff that people I have talked to since don’t do even in combat arms. The “woke” and “PC” culture have destroyed this country’s military capabilities. The only thing holding it together right are a few crusty old E-7’s and E-8’s.

once they are gone in another 5 years what does that leave? A bunch of guys who’ve never seen combat and think corrective action is some words written on a piece of paper.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Not silly, not nameless, not faceless. This is from the SECDEF. Get rid of the "extremists" without ever defining an "extremist". Rep Banks ripped the Chief of Naval Operations a new one the other day over the recommended reading list. Sure as hell wasn't The Art of War.

The Flag Officers (Generals, Admirals) have spent so much time in DC, they are part of the swamp (exhibit A is the current SECDEF.) After being in DC they go to a HQ with other people who spent too much time in DC. Then, back to DC. Lather, rinse, repeat. Then retire and go make real money on various boards and/or at defense contractors.

The US Military is different from every other Military because of the Enlisted Corps. The "influx of new recruits" you mentioned are shaped and influenced by Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs) and Petty Officers.

We lose the NCOs, we lose the Military. When the mission becomes wokeness? When too many NCOs buy into wokeness because it's how you get promoted? That will be the Military the leftists want.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    From the piece:

He added: "Background checks for purchasing a firearm are important ... the ban on assault weapons at high-capacity magazines. No one needs to have a weapon that can fire up to 100 rounds, unless you think the deer are wearing kevlar vests or something."

Attachments

• main-qimg-84705afd143515f2380886a74b766513.jpeg
      main-qimg-84705afd143515f2380886a74b766513.jpeg
      11.9 KB · Views: 23
    • main-qimg-66f8cb35ff71615ad4f34f5eb6275c43.jpeg
      main-qimg-66f8cb35ff71615ad4f34f5eb6275c43.jpeg
      117.9 KB · Views: 22
    • main-qimg-741b35a538a330073205a4b67460fb98.jpeg
      main-qimg-741b35a538a330073205a4b67460fb98.jpeg
      85.4 KB · Views: 24
    • main-qimg-6a10db1cdc61c6bef2b8eb1a9e373b2f.jpeg
      main-qimg-6a10db1cdc61c6bef2b8eb1a9e373b2f.jpeg