Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't believe you could get Bill Cosby in the same room with yourself but if you have the ability sure. But it would have to be in a public place. Not your basement or his basement or something weird like that. A normal well-respected hole in the wall bar
    A hole in the wall bar? That's oddly specific...

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Are you buying? that's probably the most important question.

Afterall an accused liberal wouldn't be living up to the name if I didn't expect my drinks to be free.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Anyway I'm going to leave thread alone I'm pretty sure I remember a birth certificate thread somebody wants to resurrect it otherwise I've done posting here except about it.

Who knows maybe when the mods get around to it I'll be done posting here at all then you guys can have a Shooters thread to talk about me and left the glass in my name and fondly remember Ole foszoe.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well the mods could create a safe space political forum for those that desire it and mods could easily just ban the usual suspects from posting in that forum.

Then the usual suspects could easily be known. Just like the post office most wanted list.

Never understood why there isn't a sticky thread for all of us to check so we could know for certain whose on and off it.

I would respect the wishes of those members and the moderators.
    Or, people could just stop intentionally trying to rile the membership. It would be less work for the mods, and less headache for everyone involved. It may be less fun for the one(s) doing the riling, but this isn’t their playground.

I’m willing to bet a lot of the reports the mods get come from one of the instigators. There’s an alternative motive when you deliberately post something you know will get a negative reaction, then proceed to report posts reacting to it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Or, people could just stop intentionally trying to rile the membership. It would be less work for the mods, and less headache for everyone involved. It may be less fun for the one(s) doing the riling, but this isn’t their playground.

I’m willing to bet a lot of the reports the mods get come from one of the instigators. There’s an alternative motive when you deliberately post something you know will get a negative reaction, then proceed to report posts reacting to it.

If only more folks were more like BigRed.

;)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

It's like people who are driving the wrong way on a one way street.

They're too darn busy looking for Indian's when they should have seen the arrow right in front of their face.
    It's a really great indicator.

Problem is, some people are carrying a stick around looking for a pot to stir it in and go to great lengths to execute their agenda.

The above bold statement is not directed at ANYONE, but if you think it is, maybe the shoe fits. :horse:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’d generally agree with that as stated but “legislating” significantly narrows the focus because most Executive Orders aren’t “legislating”. For example, many of Bidens EO’s reversed some of Trump’s EO’s. If Trump’s EO’s were legitimate then an EO to reverse it would also be legitimate, if not foolish.
    Nope, SCOTUS said reversing was not legit...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In other news, roughly a week out from my starting of this thread, Biden's RCP Job Approval is up another 2 pts to ~+16. Even Trump-favoring Rasmussen has him at +2 approval.

Even in Rasmussen, Trump wasn't often in positive territory IIRC.

And Biden hasn't really done much to deserve the increase.

You can tell a lot about what people believe from their posts.

You constantly denigrate Rasmussen even though he uses likely voters, a more accurate group. Proportions similar to the past election, and does not vary the formula much to give a more accurate look back in time.

But you tout MSM polls that already are way off.

Congratulations you found the data to confirm your confirmation bias...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

They're too darn busy looking for Indian's when they should have seen the arrow right in front of their face.
    This mixing of metaphors is REALLY confusing. :D

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Problem is, some people are carrying a stick around looking for a pot to stir it in and go to great lengths to execute their agenda.

The above bold statement is not directed at ANYONE, but if you think it is, maybe the shoe fits. :horse:
    This mixing of metaphors is REALLY confusing. :D

I don't get it either.

Are we talking dots or feathers?

Doesn't make sense.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Well the membership includes all of us.

A safe space would be EASIER on the mods. One post and you're outta here.

If someone wants to talk with the you know who you are crowd...they could come out of the safe space.

Who reports most is an interesting question. I have always figured it came more from the majority. They are usually the ones asking publicly.

I have reported one post and it wasn't about politics it was related to clarification on feedback in the classifieds and unrelated to a purchase or sale or any involvement in any transaction.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

If someone wants to talk with the you know who you are crowd...they could come out of the safe space.

Who reports most is an interesting question. I have always figured it came more from the majority. They are usually the ones asking publicly.

I have reported one post and it wasn't about politics it was related to clarification on feedback in the classifieds and unrelated to a purchase or sale or any involvement in any transaction.
    People were starting to enjoy the thread. We could’ve dropped this and discussed invisible Indians some more. I liked that discussion better. But, I am kinda immature.

I don’t think we need “safe spaces” to accommodate members being disruptive just for the sake of doing so. You’re right, the membership includes all of us, but this isn’t a democracy. It’s a forum, which is moderated. When one or two people continually cause problems and post things just to rile up the majority of the membership, then report their posts in an attempt to cause more problems, it becomes a daunting issue for both the members and the mods.

I made a “lost members” thread to acknowledge members that were regulars when I first came here and no longer attend. I miss seeing their opinions and discussions. A few regulars no longer come here because one or two people have made this their personal playground. How many good, regular members do we need to lose before we as a membership say enough is enough? Nobody has issue with opposing viewpoints. Every thread is full of opposing views. Even the motorcycle riders thread has opinions that disagree... but if this were a motorcycle forum and I joined and told everyone “you’d be mad cause I’d happily vote for the guy banning motorcycles again” how do you think they would react? I think the mods have been more than fair in allowing a single person to constantly be a problem causer. I think at some point there has to be a line drawn.

Just like right now. We should be discussing Biden and how ****ty of a president he is. Instead we are discussing something that shouldn’t be an issue, and wouldn’t be if one or two would stop trying to ruffle feathers.

Sorry TLex. Can we please get back to discussing invisible Indians? Much more entertaining

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I find it amazing what some people take issue with, when it comes from an different view, and yet are struck blind when it comes from a view they are sympathetic to.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    :ugh:

Jesus. Forget it. Some people are so hell bent on doing anything to disrupt the place they can’t accept the issues people may raise. I might still lurk around and read posts, but I’m done posting for a long while. This shouldn’t be this difficult. That was the draw to ingo for me. A quiet corner of the internet that everyone was respectful and discussed issues in the country.

I’m out. Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom