• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Pretty sure it’s not the ice in the water they are worried about. It is the insane amount of ice on Antarctica and Greenland they are talking about. That will add water to the oceans. That meme spreads false info.
    Hold on there genius. What takes the place of the melted ice? Air? Land? or maybe WATER ! The meme stands. :alright:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You can see that a simplistic meme fails to account for a number of variables. Can you see that the EnviroNazis are taking aim at the west's economies, ignoring China and India, and ignoring any factors other than smokestacks, including and especially variances in solar activity?

Given that significant climate variations have happened throughout history, our record keeping started in the bottom of a cooling trend, and the warming that occurred in the 1300s would have scared the living **** out of our current fearmongerers by virtue of being much warmer than the present, I am going with the idea that global warming is a contrived political tool so far as it applies to human behavior
    Definitely waiting on his response. :popcorn:

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hold on there genius. What takes the place of the melted ice? Air? Land? or maybe WATER ! The meme stands. :alright:
    The ice is on land. When it melts air will replace the space it took. The water goes into the ocean. More water in ocean equals higher sea level. Simple enough?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    BTW. Not saying climate change is human induced. It is logical to think pumping billions of tons of a gas into the atmosphere might have some effect.

Not saying there isn't some of the climate BS that might be an issue down the road, but nowhere near at the level of what is being preached. Just like the China virus, the alarmism makes the issue sound much worse and much more critical than it us. I've watched videos and read articles from plenty of climate scientists who say so, instead of the stuff spouted by the globalist shills.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    BTW. Not saying climate change is human induced. It is logical to think pumping billions of tons of a gas into the atmosphere might have some effect.
    I am not in favor of trashing the place but I am tired of the efforts to fleece us, **** up the ways of doing things that work, and ignore the worst contributors. Greed and treason are a bad combination.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not saying there isn't some of the climate BS that might be an issue down the road, but nowhere near at the level of what is being preached. Just like the China virus, the alarmism makes the issue sound much worse and much more critical than it us. I've watched videos and read articles from plenty of climate scientists who say so, instead of the stuff spouted by the globalist shills.
    Let's not ever forget YK2 and it's destruction. I survived that disaster just like I did Covid. My company spent 1.5 million on prep for YK2. I reported to work 30 mins. before midnight on the 31st ready to do anything necessary to prevent destruction and loss of life. NOTHING HAPPENED ! I went home at 12:30 and had a beer to celebrate my bravery. I'll never forget :patriot:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am not in favor of trashing the place but I am tired of the efforts to fleece us, **** up the ways of doing things that work, and ignore the worst contributors. Greed and treason are a bad combination.

If you want to see if the global "leaders" are serious about this stuff, as they purport to be, just look at what they actually do. Flying around the world in their big jets and other things that they don't need to do, causing the exact problems they say are the killing the planet. The last year has shown us that business can be run, when needed, via remote work. These "leaders" can use some sort of global teleconferencing to do their worthless meetings, but they don't, which should tell you something.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you want to see if the global "leaders" are serious about this stuff, as they purport to be, just look at what they actually do. Flying around the world in their big jets and other things that they don't need to do, causing the exact problems they say are the killing the planet. The last year has shown us that business can be run, when needed, via remote work. These "leaders" can use some sort of global teleconferencing to do their worthless meetings, but they don't, which should tell you something.
    Of course. Also note that High Priest Al Gore has put in untold miles on one of those evil private jets he preaches against and lived in a house, at least until his divorce, that used something like 20x the energy his neighbors used. His faithful insist that he **needed** that private jet to effectively spread the message.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Of course. Also note that High Priest Al Gore has put in untold miles on one of those evil private jets he preaches against and lived in a house, at least until his divorce, that used something like 20x the energy his neighbors used. His faithful insist that he **needed** that private jet to effectively spread the message.

Just goes to show how many sheep there are in the world.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'll say it: climate change is not human-induced. Period. Pumping gas on the order of magnitude of parts per million into the atmosphere has zero practical impact.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, if you melt ice that’s in the ocean the melted water will take up the space that the ice formerly displaced. His point was that it’s the glaciers on land that they worry about melting, the water resulting from that would add to the volume in the oceans.

Whether or not it’s enough to :runaway: over is the real issue to argue about. And given the earlier point that a former president had enough faith in the current ocean levels to invest in oceanside property, the :runaway: seems mostly political.

Remember a couple of years ago when AOC got caught saying the quiet parts out loud? That the Green New Deal was more out changing the economy?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This guy knows stuff............ "and we're not gonna do a damn thing about it either"

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Ok.... well I couldn't pass this one up. I don't believe that the USA is the largest polluter or a major player in causing any global warming or climate change. I do believe that the current Administration, the Speaker of the house, and the Senate majority leader along with the numerous far left idiots that constantly spew Marxist propaganda are by far the greatest threat to America.
    Except that there`s actually no such thing as either global warning or climate change. The earth goes through cycles, and that`s the beginning and the end of it.

Top Bottom