• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Except that there`s actually no such thing as either global warning or climate change. The earth goes through cycles, and that`s the beginning and the end of it.
    If we had cold fired power plants prior to the Ice Age there would have been no Ice Age. The air was too clean and caused Global Cooling. Same train of thought. :nuts:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This guy knows stuff............ "and we're not gonna do a damn thing about it either"

It was a silly question to begin with. I liked Peterson’s answer, although it may be a little dated. But the question was silly because even if we were united on GW, what about that Bill C-16? Does that go away? Maybe the question was asked by someone who doesn’t see that as an issue to care about; that GW is more important and that we should just let all those other issues that divide us go. Well, that’s how liberty is lost. We got united over 9/11 and that unity gave us the PATRIOT Act. We got kinda unified over covid and we let them shut down our economy for a year.

Issues are sometimes related, and on the ones that are tightly coupled, yeah, perhaps some unity would help on those issues. But they won’t do **** for the other unrelated issues. So no. I would nit trade unity on GW, even if I did think it was the most important issue, because the costs of the sake of unity is too high.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I was trying to fine tune the presentation for a boilermaker

The ice when it melts becomes a substance with an extraordinarily high specific heat that also spreads out into a larger surface area from which to exchange heat with the atmosphere. More water becomes a moderating influence on temperature and increased evaporation an influence on cloud formation and heat distribution. Eventually a new equilibrium is reached. It might suck to live too close to the coast

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I was trying to fine tune the presentation for a boilermaker

The ice when it melts becomes a substance with an extraordinarily high specific heat that also spreads out into a larger surface area from which to exchange heat with the atmosphere. More water becomes a moderating influence on temperature and increased evaporation an influence on cloud formation and heat distribution. Eventually a new equilibrium is reached. It might suck to live too close to the coast
    But. Maybe that’s a remedy for the fresh water shortages. Then we can have clothes washers that get the ***damn clothes clean. And dishwashers that don’t take 8 hours to get through a cycle.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    But. Maybe that’s a remedy for the fresh water shortages. Then we can have clothes washers that get the ***damn clothes clean. And dishwashers that don’t take 8 hours to get through a cycle.

To fix those problems, go to Home Depot and get a box of TSP, Tri Sodium Phosphate. Add about a tablespoon to the dishwasher and 1/8 cup to the clothes washer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does that also work with the 1 gallon per flush toilets? Oh. And the water saving shower heads.
    I think we still have the original shower head that Dad installed when he built our house in 1952. No way I'm getting rid of that. I hate the low flow heads. Might as well have a squirt gun in the shower with you to bathe with. Actually some of those Super Soaker guns would have more power.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The TSP is what the government took out of cleaners year ago, but you can restore them to their former glory.:)

I wish I had an easy solution to the showers and toilets, it seems stupid to make the rest of the country suffer because of water shortages in the over developed west. It's not like there isn't plenty of water here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The TSP is what the government took out of cleaners year ago, but you can restore them to their former glory.:)

I wish I had an easy solution to the showers and toilets, it seems stupid to make the rest of the country suffer because of water shortages in the over developed west. It's not like there isn't plenty of water here.
    That is the mindset involved and nothing short of a bullet in a head will stop it.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Wait until we all have electric cars and can only venture 100 miles until we have to turn around and come home…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Does that also work with the 1 gallon per flush toilets? Oh. And the water saving shower heads.
    Do you know that there is a black market through Canada of the old style high gpf toilets

Architechtural salvage is another source of toilets that actually flush solid waste, but $$$

Top Bottom